Harman Kardon rolls out new headphones for iPhone, iPad
Harman Kardon has rolled out a new line of five headphones for the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other portable devices. The line includes two in-ear models tailored specifically for the iPhone, which feature passive noise cancellation, multiple earphone sleeve options, and a three-button remote + mic. The NI features 9mm drivers, a rectangular black housing, and is priced at $100, while the AE model features a silver-toned aluminum casing for superior acoustic dampening, premium 9mm drivers, and foam sleeves included alongside the silicone sleeves that ship with the NI. It is priced at $150.
The other models in the lineup are either over- or on-ear units, offering lightweight, sand-blasted steel outer bands, leather inner bands, steel hinges, leather ear pads, enclosed steel frames, detachable ear pads, 40mm drivers, detachable cables, and fold-flat designs for easy portability inside included carrying cases. The on-ear CL is meant to reflect the iPhone’s design and features uniquely baffled drivers for improved bass response; it is priced at $199. As its name suggests, the over-ear BT model features Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, and also offers built-in playback buttons on the side of one of the ear cups, 12 hours of battery life, an integrated microphone for receiving phone calls, and an included fabric cable that allows the BT to work even when the battery is exhausted. It is priced at $249.
Finally, the over-ear NC offers digital active noise-cancellation technology, slow-retention foam ear pads for a more comfortable fit and better seal, a 30-hour battery life, and the ability to continue operating after the battery has run out. The NC is priced at $299 and is expected to ship later this summer; all the other models are available now at Apple’s Retail and Online Stores.
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today