Harman Kardon rolls out new headphones for iPhone, iPad
Harman Kardon has rolled out a new line of five headphones for the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other portable devices. The line includes two in-ear models tailored specifically for the iPhone, which feature passive noise cancellation, multiple earphone sleeve options, and a three-button remote + mic. The NI features 9mm drivers, a rectangular black housing, and is priced at $100, while the AE model features a silver-toned aluminum casing for superior acoustic dampening, premium 9mm drivers, and foam sleeves included alongside the silicone sleeves that ship with the NI. It is priced at $150.
The other models in the lineup are either over- or on-ear units, offering lightweight, sand-blasted steel outer bands, leather inner bands, steel hinges, leather ear pads, enclosed steel frames, detachable ear pads, 40mm drivers, detachable cables, and fold-flat designs for easy portability inside included carrying cases. The on-ear CL is meant to reflect the iPhone’s design and features uniquely baffled drivers for improved bass response; it is priced at $199. As its name suggests, the over-ear BT model features Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, and also offers built-in playback buttons on the side of one of the ear cups, 12 hours of battery life, an integrated microphone for receiving phone calls, and an included fabric cable that allows the BT to work even when the battery is exhausted. It is priced at $249.
Finally, the over-ear NC offers digital active noise-cancellation technology, slow-retention foam ear pads for a more comfortable fit and better seal, a 30-hour battery life, and the ability to continue operating after the battery has run out. The NC is priced at $299 and is expected to ship later this summer; all the other models are available now at Apple’s Retail and Online Stores.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?