Hitachi Maxell unveils iPod Bluetooth dongle with SRS technology
Hitachi Maxell has unveiled its Audio Transmitter/Dongle for the iPod, one of two new Bluetooth-enabled products featuring SRS WOW HD audio and bass enhancement technology. The adapter connects to the iPod via Dock Connector, allowing audio from the iPod to be processed with SRS WOW HD audio enhancement before being transmitted to any Bluetooth enabled headset or speaker system. The WOW HD process, which according to the company provides “improved sound quality and restored fidelity to all files residing on the iPod,” can be turned on and off via a small SRS-branded button on the dongle. The second product is a Bluetooth 2.0-enabled stereo headset, which processes received audio using WOW HD before playback. “We wanted to work with SRS Labs because they are an industry leading audio provider with proven high quality sound techniques,” said Akio Mishima, Manager, Brand Business Div. at Hitachi Maxell. “SRS WOW HD audio and bass enhancement incorporated into our new Bluetooth devices provides significant sound improvement for all types of audio content commonly stored on portable media devices.” No release date or pricing information has yet been provided for the new products.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?