Hot News: It’s April Fools’ Day | iLounge News

Hot News: It’s April Fools’ Day

Welcome to iLounge—we’re still here! Every year, pranksters use April 1 as an opportunity to disseminate fake news stories, press releases, and reviews. Some people (including certain iLounge editors) enjoy the spirit of April Fools’ Day; others (we’re looking right at you, U.K. editor Bob) don’t.

Rather than trying to fool readers, we decided to use today as an opportunity to parody Apple.com’s “Hot News” page, a collection of links to Apple’s favorite stories about its own products. Often packed with syrupy praise and breathless tales of heroic Apple computers and programs, the real page was almost funny enough to just copy and paste, but we wanted to do a little something more. If you missed it, here’s our version of Hot News. We hope you enjoyed it.

« Apple posts three new iPhone ads

Mix: Unity, Marathon, Apple brand »

Comments

Haha. I got scared when I went to ilounge and was sent to the fake page! Glad iLounge is still here!!!!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on March 31, 2008 at 11:41 PM (CDT)

Well played iLounge.  I enjoyed the crossed out memory hog story the most.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on March 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM (CDT)

looks like April fools started a little bit early.

NOT VERY FUNNY!!!!! Almost got Heartattack…. thanks for the joke
Keep up the great work and thanks for all users feedback

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on March 31, 2008 at 11:51 PM (CDT)

Loved the ads above.

My favorite:

iPod touch: for people that cant afford iphones ;)

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM (CDT)

“Even geniuses make mistakes - Apple TV”
Hahahaha

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 12:57 AM (CDT)

Yeah not very funny. I almost deleted this from my bookmarks until I decided to try some of the bottom links and was sent to the hot news page.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 1:02 AM (CDT)

Good one guys.  You really had me going.  Thank goodness you’re still here.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 1:38 AM (CDT)

I know you spent a lot of time and energy on the new format, but you should keep this one instead of the other one. So crisp. So cool.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 1:47 AM (CDT)

Well played!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 1:56 AM (CDT)

Job well done.  I was like no way there goes Apple again always having to have their hand in something that is done so well.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM (CDT)

Very funny - I can’t help but think you will lose lots readers from your site as I almost deleted my quick link in a burst of frustration at the possibility Apple brought you out!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 4:09 AM (CDT)

Man don’t do that, i almost popped a vein.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 4:20 AM (CDT)

Humbug….

:-)

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM (CDT)

jajjajajajaj, very funny

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 5:38 AM (CDT)

I expect an Aprils First joke on iLounge but not so blatantly displayed at the front page. Well done, lots of funnie condensed on that page there.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 6:48 AM (CDT)

I want Super Trash (OMG)!!!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 7:01 AM (CDT)

that was a good one…. I was supprized ...;) and shoked

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 7:02 AM (CDT)

Well done.  Love the fake ads!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 8:17 AM (CDT)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on April 1, 2008 at 8:56 AM (CDT)