Hot News: It’s April Fools’ Day | iLounge News

Hot News: It’s April Fools’ Day

Welcome to iLounge—we’re still here! Every year, pranksters use April 1 as an opportunity to disseminate fake news stories, press releases, and reviews. Some people (including certain iLounge editors) enjoy the spirit of April Fools’ Day; others (we’re looking right at you, U.K. editor Bob) don’t.

Rather than trying to fool readers, we decided to use today as an opportunity to parody Apple.com’s “Hot News” page, a collection of links to Apple’s favorite stories about its own products. Often packed with syrupy praise and breathless tales of heroic Apple computers and programs, the real page was almost funny enough to just copy and paste, but we wanted to do a little something more. If you missed it, here’s our version of Hot News. We hope you enjoyed it.

« Apple posts three new iPhone ads

Mix: Unity, Marathon, Apple brand »

Comments

Haha. I got scared when I went to ilounge and was sent to the fake page! Glad iLounge is still here!!!!

Posted by LedZepfan94 on March 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM (PDT)

Well played iLounge.  I enjoyed the crossed out memory hog story the most.

Posted by papayaninja on March 31, 2008 at 8:47 PM (PDT)

looks like April fools started a little bit early.

Posted by Jim on March 31, 2008 at 8:47 PM (PDT)

NOT VERY FUNNY!!!!! Almost got Heartattack…. thanks for the joke
Keep up the great work and thanks for all users feedback

Posted by Flex Anderson on March 31, 2008 at 8:51 PM (PDT)

Loved the ads above.

My favorite:

iPod touch: for people that cant afford iphones wink

Posted by bc008 on March 31, 2008 at 9:52 PM (PDT)

“Even geniuses make mistakes - Apple TV”
Hahahaha

Posted by Jon Lindgren on March 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM (PDT)

Yeah not very funny. I almost deleted this from my bookmarks until I decided to try some of the bottom links and was sent to the hot news page.

Posted by seffrythe on March 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM (PDT)

Good one guys.  You really had me going.  Thank goodness you’re still here.

Posted by Viv on March 31, 2008 at 10:38 PM (PDT)

I know you spent a lot of time and energy on the new format, but you should keep this one instead of the other one. So crisp. So cool.

Posted by Iggy on March 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM (PDT)

Well played!

Posted by lcohen on March 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM (PDT)

Job well done.  I was like no way there goes Apple again always having to have their hand in something that is done so well.

Posted by Mike on April 1, 2008 at 12:07 AM (PDT)

Very funny - I can’t help but think you will lose lots readers from your site as I almost deleted my quick link in a burst of frustration at the possibility Apple brought you out!

Posted by Paul Ruediger on April 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM (PDT)

Man don’t do that, i almost popped a vein.

Posted by Stevie B on April 1, 2008 at 1:20 AM (PDT)

Humbug….

grin

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 1, 2008 at 2:18 AM (PDT)

jajjajajajaj, very funny

Posted by gonzalo on April 1, 2008 at 2:38 AM (PDT)

I expect an Aprils First joke on iLounge but not so blatantly displayed at the front page. Well done, lots of funnie condensed on that page there.

Posted by Peter N on April 1, 2008 at 3:48 AM (PDT)

I want Super Trash (OMG)!!!

Posted by Thors10 on April 1, 2008 at 4:01 AM (PDT)

that was a good one…. I was supprized ...wink and shoked

Posted by dennis on April 1, 2008 at 4:02 AM (PDT)

Well done.  Love the fake ads!

Posted by Dyvim on April 1, 2008 at 5:17 AM (PDT)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Posted by Aceon6 in New England, USA on April 1, 2008 at 5:56 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >