How one family deals with digital downloads | iLounge News

How one family deals with digital downloads

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, December 31, 2003
News Categories: Digital Media

“He liked the easy-to-use iTunes program, and decided to make it the central jukebox for digital copies (altogether legal) of his conventional CD’s. I set up the downloading account for him, and decided to show him how to download from the music store. I selected Dutch DJ JXL’s excellent remix of the Elvis Presley song “A Little Less Conversation” and paused before hitting the “buy” button. [...]

Here’s the shocker: more than ever, he began asking us to buy CD’s for him. He wanted discs from artists he had come to know online, with the liner notes and lyrics. His less copyright-friendly buddies send him the stuff they like, and if he likes a song, he listens to a better-quality version on Rhapsody or buys the track.

Amazing but true: music downloading spurs music sales, at least in our house. (Sam’s 16-year-old sister, Elizabeth, has proven resistant to digital music’s allure, content to lug around a case full of CD’s.)”

« Give me money to buy an iPod

iPod battery lawsuit to be filed in January »

Comments

Posted by Bethany on January 2, 2004 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

some people enjoy reading news and hate to have to sort through dribble like this so called story…

Can’t have it both ways.. you tell people to stop ######## but you ##### all the same..

Posted by quit it now on January 2, 2004 at 7:10 AM (PDT)

ok the Ultimate Ipod News thread..

enjoy smile

Posted by Bababooey on January 2, 2004 at 7:13 AM (PDT)

All the time?  I complained once.  If EVERYONE would stop complaining all would be well.  Which is why I don’t go into EVERY story telling everyone to stop their ########.. i’m not trying to add to the problem.  I stated my stance once and stopped complaining.

Posted by Bethany on January 2, 2004 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

all the same = All the time???

Complaint #1
“To the negative commenters—maybe you didn’t enjoy this story but some of us did. There will always be some stories you find interesting and others you find boring. Deal with it and quit your ########.”

Complaint #2
“Some of us enjoy these stories and are tired of having to sort through all the negative comments.”

Complaint #3
“All the time? I complained once. If EVERYONE would stop complaining all would be well. Which is why I don’t go into EVERY story telling everyone to stop their ########.. i’m not trying to add to the problem. I stated my stance once and stopped complaining.”

—now if this was such an interesting compelling story perhaps you would of actually took time to discuss the scary good and brilliant article.

Posted by quit it on January 2, 2004 at 8:51 AM (PDT)

Bitchen to the bitchers. gg

Posted by Bob on January 2, 2004 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

So Bob, basically what you are saying the comments section is for all the morons who have nothing better to do but come to an iPod site to read iPod related news and then complain about it?
That’s terriffic reasoning but since it does seem like you have a point as more and more troll’s seem to use the news comment section as a forum to vent about something, anything, I would have to agree. The comments section is something I have found myself visitng less and less recently.
But thanks Bob, your comments alone have re enforced for me the statements I made in my initial post and opened my eyes to the caliber of some of the individuals that post to this section, in more ways than one.

Posted by spideypod on January 2, 2004 at 1:59 PM (PDT)

I misread your first comment “Quit It” I wouldn’t consider those follow ups as complaints—they were just replies to your posts.  Anyway, this really isn’t worth my time.  I think I’ll refrain from reading the comments from now on.

Posted by Bethany on January 2, 2004 at 2:36 PM (PDT)

What a terrible loss.

Posted by Billy on January 2, 2004 at 11:18 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2