“How to make your iPod screen red!” | iLounge News

“How to make your iPod screen red!”

pic Max Feinstein has turned his 3G iPod’s LCD display into a red display. Max disassembled his iPod and placed a 40 cent piece of red transparency on top of the LCD unit - making his screen red. Note: Opening your iPod will void your warranty.

“Since my little operation, I have had no problems operating the iPod. The backlight is really sweet looking now (the blue and red colors don’t blend - it’s just red). My hold button is just fine.. the music plays correctly… I can still transfer songs to the iPod… it’s all good! Best of all, there aren’t ANY scratches on my iPod from opening it.”

« National Post: That new white magic

iSkin eXo Now Shipping »

Comments

To each his own. Just like the debate over the new ipods not having the blue screen, I prefer the unique look of the white light ipod. I just can’t imagine having the guts to try something like that.

Posted by Del Griffith on August 5, 2003 at 1:27 PM (CDT)

When I put a CD in to transfer it to my ipod no information comes up about the title or the artist.  Does anyone have any ideas.
Thanks

Posted by Sephen on August 9, 2003 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

hahahaha i am not going to do this! :r

Posted by Jame on October 27, 2003 at 9:56 AM (CST)

“When I put a CD in to transfer it to my ipod no information comes up about the title or the artist. Does anyone have any ideas.”

Is everything coming up correctly in iTunes?  Are you entering the information yourself, or are you using the “Get CD Track Names” menu item to get the info from the CD Database (CDDB)?  Or are you entering no information at all?

Neither iTunes nor the iPod reads CD Text, so you need to add the metadata yourself (or use the automatic menu item I mentioned).  But, if it’s all showing up in iTunes, it should be showing up on the iPod.

Posted by Leland Jordon on February 11, 2004 at 9:00 PM (CST)

check out our site: www.ipodmods.com we can actually change the LCD or touchpad colors to anything you want!! actual hardware changes that look awesome!!

Posted by iPodMods on May 23, 2004 at 11:25 PM (CDT)

i think those scratches are from normal wear and tear, any one whose ever had something thing shiny should be able to recognise those scratches, and only in direct light at an agle can you notice them

Posted by cow on July 11, 2004 at 2:28 AM (CDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  < 1 2