HP launches printable tattoos and gallery | iLounge News

HP launches printable tattoos and gallery

picStarting today, people can visit www.hp.com/music and go to the tattoo gallery to create their own printable tattoos. People can import their personal digital photos or download exclusive tattoos designed by major music industry recording artists and award-winning designers. Printable tattoos are sold in 10-packs of printable glossy paper that are pre-cut in the shape of the iPod for $14.99. They will be available this month at Amazon.com, Circuit City, CompUSA, Fry’s, hpshopping.com, PC Mall and Radio Shack.

« iPod Crossword Puzzle released

iPod marketshare dominates at 92% »

Comments

I will be selling The Who branded toilet paper for 9.99 a roll.

This is the biggest rip off.  More like 1.49 if you ask me, and thats still high.

Posted by R U Kidding on October 13, 2004 at 7:42 AM (PDT)

Since the Apple Ipod, and the HP Ipod are both the same pretty much… except for the HP label on the back… doesnt that mean these tatoos will fit on a regular apple 4g?

Posted by FrostRambler on October 13, 2004 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

Yes they will fit the apple 4g. Hope they come up with more choices.

Posted by rantor on October 13, 2004 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

I don’t no if the leave a stiky residu…

hope not, because I want my goatse tatoo!

Posted by Gunther on October 13, 2004 at 8:18 AM (PDT)

Out of the Known choices, The Who are a clean winner (At least I heard / know there Music).

Shame that someone couldn’t cut sheets for the 3G ‘Pods though :(

Just think a solid Black Background with a Red Circle & Star and White Man at the Center….  (Defacto Rush / 2112 Logo),  Oh HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Posted by Ichijoe on October 13, 2004 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

You guys need to read the whole article for $14.99 you get a pack of 10 so that is $1.49 a piece. Also you are not limited to the ones they have. You can make your own on the hp website just check out this one I did which I’m sure most of you wouldn’t mind sporting on your iPod.

Posted by k4sh on October 13, 2004 at 11:57 AM (PDT)

woo hoo rock on pink floyd!!!! I’d make one of the wall, that is if I had a 4th gen, oh well

Posted by MATRIXsjd in Burbank, Ca on October 13, 2004 at 1:36 PM (PDT)

These are quite cool, and a neat little idea.

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on October 13, 2004 at 2:41 PM (PDT)

NO 3G version!!?!?!??!?!??!?!??! NOOOOOOOOO

Posted by razekraze88 on October 13, 2004 at 2:52 PM (PDT)

i bet u icould make a 3g version w/photoshop and some sticky paper y dont u try?

use the practice sheet from Hp. move the wheel down and make it smaller and then add the bottons. measure input and make. go get lable paper print and cut

seems like a lot
i would do but dont hav 3g. used to but dont now

Posted by dhruvb11 on October 13, 2004 at 5:20 PM (PDT)

I was at Fry’s Electronics (Sunnyvale, CA) yesterday and they already had them on the shelf.  The packaging says it won’t leave any residue… and that it is water resistant and durable.  It said you could use it with any printer, which seems odd… as I could see a lot of inkjet ink wearing off quickly.

Posted by superdave913 in San Jose, CA on October 14, 2004 at 5:30 AM (PDT)

Well, they say the estimated lifespan is one month.

I sure wish someone would create a 3G version. I’d love to make my own—put a picture of my cat, my favorite new artist, my girlfriend, the last place I went on vacation. . .

This could be FUN.

Posted by tel on October 14, 2004 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

Nice idea! Everyone likes to customize their stuff and it’s cool that you can make your own or use on of the pre-made ones.

Yeah, with a little trial and error, I bet it’s fairly easy to adapt for a 3G.

Very cool indeed!

Posted by jinzo-ningen on October 14, 2004 at 1:45 PM (PDT)

i think this would be a better idea if they were clings and not stickers. cuz… over time that #### won’t come off and it’ll just suck. you should see my gameboy back when they first came out - early 90s i think. that ##### has got so many “tats” as HP calls them that it’s there for life! shibby…

Posted by evan on October 14, 2004 at 6:49 PM (PDT)

Great way for HP to sell more ink cartridges!

Posted by +more ink on October 15, 2004 at 5:25 AM (PDT)

umm…  I’m not sure what the big deal is about that..  I spent an hour measuring and cutting and made my own ipod cover layout.  Basically all I need now is a piece of label paper(basically sticker paper), which I can also get.  Print something on that paper and bam, I got me a home made personalized cover.  I’m not paying money for something I can just as easily make myself with a tiny bit of brains and work.  Just somethingelse for HP to get they greedy crap ### hands on.  Couldn’t even let Apple stay Apple, had to get their hands into the money pool….

Posted by Rogue_77 on October 15, 2004 at 3:26 PM (PDT)

BTW people, its not that hard to make your own for the 4G.  LCD is like 1 9/16” across and 1 5/16 high, the thumbwheel is like.. 1 9/16 across(same spacing as the LCD) and the LCD is like 3/8” up from the wheel.  Just cut paper to wrap around(Like a xmas present) and make little holes for the rounded corners….  I’m not sure the difference on the 3G but sure its do-able yourself…

Posted by [email protected] on October 15, 2004 at 3:31 PM (PDT)

These things aren’t just stickers. They’re pretty high quality paper that will NOT leave a residue.  I’ve tried a few on different friend’s ipods and they rock!  The ability to make your own just makes it better.

Posted by Joe on October 19, 2004 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

caveat emptor

some of those tattoos do leave a sticky residue as you can see here

Posted by bryan on October 19, 2004 at 3:49 PM (PDT)

no need to make your own shape wasting time with cutting and measuring

just visit

anyhow one will shell out for the non-hp sticker

Posted by bryan on October 19, 2004 at 3:55 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >