iAttire offers Halloween costumes for iPods | iLounge News

iAttire offers Halloween costumes for iPods

imageiAttire has announced a new line of handmade Halloween costumes for iPods. Priced at $39.99, the costumes are available in seven styles for the iPod, iPod mini, and iPod shuffle. You can choose from Frankenstein, Ghost, Pirate, Vampire, Witch, Mummy or a Paper Mask assortment.

“Get into the fun of Halloween without having to wear a costume yourself. For the Halloween enthusiast, the gadget freak who loves Halloween, and for avid collectors of all types, these costumes are made for you to enjoy. Designed to be replicas of people costumes, these costumes fit and wear just like those you might select for yourself.”

« Mix: iPod tax, 7-11, UK robberies, Music industry

Yahoo! launches podcast service »

Comments

In the immortal words of Victor Meldrew, “I don’t believe it!”

Posted by Salamander on October 10, 2005 at 10:58 AM (CDT)

so exactly how far is too far????

Posted by chew on October 10, 2005 at 11:07 AM (CDT)

This is a total rip off - I ordered the “iNvisible Cape” and they sent me a plastic sandwich baggie!

Posted by Ann Miluski on October 10, 2005 at 11:14 AM (CDT)

at 40 bucks, that’s a total rip-off.

Posted by rene on October 10, 2005 at 11:44 AM (CDT)

I’ve been searching for years for a company to create costumes for my genitals.  Now the only question I have is, do I need shuffle size or mini?

Posted by David Scalera on October 10, 2005 at 11:54 AM (CDT)

Err… since when was this kind of junk newsworthy?

Seriously iLounge -  this is the kind of stuff that really turns off your readers, and makes them think twice before visiting your site.

Do you see automotive websites reviewing the latest dash-board bobble-head toy?

Posted by dopial on October 10, 2005 at 12:21 PM (CDT)

FORTY DOLLARS?

If they sell even one, I will break into their offices, find the address of the idiot that bought it and personally beat them until they are sterile, as no one who is that stupid shoudl reproduce.

Posted by stark23x on October 10, 2005 at 12:33 PM (CDT)

So what is the purpose of this exactly…?

I mean, a case to prevent it from being scratched is one thing, but are you going to go trick-or-treating with an ipod in costume in your hands asking for candy?

Posted by William in Cupertino on October 10, 2005 at 12:49 PM (CDT)

So why stop at an ipod. Dress up your tv as a pumpkin. Maybe your cell would like to go as a clown. Maybe your PDA would like to be a princess. I mean,c’mon. ilounge,you do no good giving rip off artists this kind of pub. This isn’t even a joke. The iguy was kinda cute for about 10 minutes but this is beyond absurd.

Oh,and your ‘Remember my personal information’ option does not work!!!!!! I always have to re-enter my name/email. :(

Posted by Homescoop on October 10, 2005 at 12:54 PM (CDT)

In the immortal words of a Sega Commarcial from back in the late 80’s or early 90’s. In refferences to there Game Gear Handheld, in sub-refference to the then ‘Color’ Gameboy The caseing was the Color part, the GameBoy Color would come a bit latter…

“What’s next? Little Flowerly Dresses?!?!

Ok now I’ll give the Sprek iGuy a +1, perhaps the idiot(s) who bought that, can now dress Him\Her\it up as Dracula, and get mugged by some guy in a Pair of Siderman Underroos, on All Hollows Eve!!

Posted by Ichijoe on October 10, 2005 at 1:16 PM (CDT)

I bought 3 of them, and will be taking my iPod, my cell phone, and my Palm Pilot trick or treating at my local Radio Shack and Best Buy.  The lil gadgets are hoping to come home with little plastic punkins full of goodies like RAM, MP4’s, and girls’ phone numbers.

Posted by knuckles on October 10, 2005 at 1:45 PM (CDT)

I think it’s hilarious that everyone busts iLounge’s balls for posting stuff like this.  I think everyone can appreciate the costumes as laughable accessories.  It’s fitting in fact, that after an editorial on the high price of accessories questioned by all readers, that iLounge demonstrates the problem by posting an expensive, worthless accessory like a costume for your mini.  Mad props to iLounge despite the criticism…

Posted by brian on October 10, 2005 at 2:58 PM (CDT)

It’s called kitsch, and is clearly not aimed at the demographic that seems to frequent these comment sections (or myself, admittedly).

Seriously, listening to people here seething about these costumes is like listening to a frat complaining about the price and usefulness of Malibu Barbie.

Posted by junelee on October 10, 2005 at 3:03 PM (CDT)

Uh… wow… I’m not one to usually complain about pricing for add-ons. I also don’t usually complain about whether or not an add-on is stupid. And okay… the concept of a costume for an iPod is, if nothing else, original. BUT… look at the pirate costume on their site. $39 for a tiny piece of black fabric and a plastic drink sword? I’ve never seen anything so absurd in my life.

Posted by Jason on October 10, 2005 at 3:05 PM (CDT)

Every Halloween I see my neighbors children and pets dressed up as pirates, baseball players and power rangers and it fills me with dread.  I don’t have children and I have severe pet allergies.  iAttire has now provided me (and those like me) with iPod costumes so I can now participate in Halloween like the rest of the world.

Thanks iAttire!

Posted by Elanor Rigby on October 10, 2005 at 5:46 PM (CDT)

Who is seriously going to pay $40 for a piece of cloth that glows in the dark and doesn’t even stay on the ipod

Posted by Hector Treto on October 10, 2005 at 11:15 PM (CDT)

You know you’re absolutely insane when you buy some absoloute b.s. like this.

Posted by Noah Gomberg on October 11, 2005 at 3:28 AM (CDT)

ahhh…..the wonders of a free market, what will they think of next?

Posted by Christian on October 11, 2005 at 7:53 AM (CDT)

hmmm is there one for the nano?

Posted by ipod maniac on October 11, 2005 at 12:34 PM (CDT)

hmm are people that wack to buy some thing so stupid

Posted by bond2kill on October 11, 2005 at 4:16 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >