iBuddiez announces silhouette iPod stands | iLounge News

iBuddiez announces silhouette iPod stands

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, July 11, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

iBuddiez (formerly PodBuddies) has announced its latest handmade creations—the Silhouette Boy and Girl iPod stands. The resin stands, which are themed after Apple’s famous iPod commercials, hold any iPod while charging and syncing through a small opening. Each silhouette stand is 7-inches high by 4-inches wide and sells for $30.

« Microsoft approaches iPod accessory makers for Zune

Speck debuts Active Sport line of iPod cases »

Comments

This has to be the most ridiculous iPod accessory I have ever seen.  It does nothing but hold your iPod off the desk…Legos can do that- so can cardboard.  Why the hell would anyone pay for something like this?

Posted by $30? on July 11, 2006 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

Awesome.  Love the fact it would be a great decorative piece next to the computer. Actually thought it would be a nice gift for my teenager that is always leaving thrown around.  Placed my order for the boy.

Posted by 30!! on July 11, 2006 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

ugly…and so lame… I would be insulted if I got it as a gift…and yes…I’m a teenager…

Posted by paul on July 11, 2006 at 5:03 PM (PDT)

Nice - may have to get one of these - love the silhouette commercials.

Posted by simon on July 11, 2006 at 5:16 PM (PDT)

Only the latest in iPod Kitsch, with most certainly more such drivel to follow.

And to think that intelligent people used to BELIEVE at one time that iPods were actually cool.

Posted by flatline response on July 11, 2006 at 9:49 PM (PDT)

I looks like a cheaper version of a real dock. I can see it being a good stocking stuffer for Christmas. Now since it’s resin, how badly will this thing scratch up the ipod?

Posted by Snaplok on July 11, 2006 at 11:47 PM (PDT)

I find them very ugly.

Posted by Harbour Boy on July 13, 2006 at 2:50 PM (PDT)

These will only look like silhouettes if they are placed in front of a colored background, if you just place it on your desk, it’ll just look like a black ipod stand
it’s also quite expensive, I can buy three issues of macworld with that amount of money

Posted by wackybit on July 14, 2006 at 3:41 AM (PDT)