Icons, dialog show iTunes 4.9 ready for ‘iPod Phone’
In further confirmation that iTunes 4.9 is ready for the long-awaited Motorola iTunes-compatible phones, which Engadget suggests will begin with the TransFlash-card capable Motorola E790, iLounge forum member “celebi23” has discovered several mobile phone icons and dialog strings in the application.
Following on the heels of an earlier discovery of an icon that resembles the popular Motorola RAZR phone, and reports that some current Motorola phones can already communicate with iTunes, Celebi23 uncovered a generic mobile phone icon that will appear in the source column of iTunes.
As previously reported, hidden files in iTunes 4.9 are riddled with references to an “iPod Phone.” Celibi23 verifies this information and provides details of preferences for such a phone, including options very similar to those of the iPod shuffle, crediting most of the dialog discoveries to Macshrine.com.
Users will apparently be able to use AutoFill with an iTunes-compatible phone, convert songs to a lower bit rate before loading them, display album artwork on the phone, and choose how many songs versus data to store. Additionally, iTunes will seemingly enable users to name their phones, transfer podcasts to them, and update their contacts. A reference to “iPodmobile” remains obscure.
- Apple responds to EU iTunes refund abuse
- Apple introduces 14-day refund policy on iTunes purchases in the EU
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Antitrust lawyers claim Apple deleted competing songs from users’ iPods
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- iTunes music sales down at least 13 percent worldwide
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014