iCueMix plug-in for iTunes released | iLounge News

iCueMix plug-in for iTunes released

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, September 21, 2005
News Categories: Windows Software

iCueMix is a new iTunes plug-in for Windows users that delivers “personalized, mood-based mixes with a just single click.” iCueMix lets you: dynamically create a personalized mix with a single mouse click; modify a mix while you play, to build a mix for your every mood; discover new music based upon your collection, tastes and mood; share and compare your mixes with other iCueMix users; build and automatically sync personalized mixes for your iPod; and more.

“iCueMix uses artificial intelligence technology applied to your music collection to work out what songs to recommend in a mix,” explains the developer. “iCueMix has a community server that knows the music tastes of thousands of users that an iCueMix user can share and compare mixes against. It provides essential new song recommendations to complement your collection or the mix you are building. These recommendations, if required, can be purchased seamlessly via iTunes.”

« H2O offers waterproof RCA cable, 4G upgrade kit

Mix: iPod shipments, Burn & Return, DJ Ditty, Watchdog »

Comments

Enrolled and received the confirmation email yesterday, installed the app and attempted to log in and run the import utility, but like so many before me, I too am getting the “Invalid account details” message.

So sad.

I’m guessing that this is precisely why Google likes to roll its new products out on a “by-invitation-only” basis.

Posted by Andy S. on September 23, 2005 at 5:36 AM (PDT)

Thank you all for persisting with trying out the iCueMix product, your support and comments are much appreciated.

The iCueMix servers, as some of you have correctly guessed, are working flat out to keep up with the unprecedented demand. This is causing the various problems reported by you all above in this forum.

It would appear that no matter how much in-house testing and planning one does, there is nothing like a public launch to find any wrinkles!?

We are pleased however to see the demand and that you all like the idea of what we set out to deliver with iCueMix.

Please continue to bear with us and we will get you all up and mixing as quick as we can.

Thanks

Posted by iCueMix Support on September 23, 2005 at 7:18 AM (PDT)

Can’t argue with good customer service! I’ll be sure to try again later tonight.

Posted by DevonS31 in Westfield, NJ on September 23, 2005 at 7:38 AM (PDT)

Just received this.  Good luck, icuemix.  Hard to succeed when you fail this bad so early on.

Hi

Thank you for registering for our iCueMix service.  As an iTunes user we’re pleased that you like the idea of what we’re trying to deliver with this product.  It would appear that lots of other users think so as well.

Following the iLounge announcement, we’ve had a much larger response than we had planned for .  This has meant that we’ve had to work hard on urgently improving system performance and on ways of increasing our overall server capacity.

We have put a lot of effort in over the last eighteen months to bring this software product to the iTunes community and we are doing all we can to overcome the current difficulties.  It would seem that the extensive alpha testing with volunteers, friends and family, and the operational planning has not prepared us sufficiently to cope with such enthusiastic demand.

Until this work has been completed we’ve reluctantly decided to delay adding additional users to the system.

We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may cause, and we hope that you will bear with us until we’ve met current demand.

You are on our priority list for activation on the service, and we hope to email you in the next week when we’ve completed your activation request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions on the situation, or on the iCueMix product please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks and Best regards

The iCueMix support team

Posted by Brad on September 23, 2005 at 9:23 AM (PDT)

hey brad, I got the same response from ique. I agreet that they should have been better prepared. I’d love to try this out but so far has been nothing but a waste of my time.

Posted by wizardman on September 23, 2005 at 7:11 PM (PDT)

Hopefully they’ll get things squared away and we can all take a look.  On paper they are combining a lot of third party apps/sites into one.

Posted by Brad on September 23, 2005 at 8:27 PM (PDT)

works ok for me now, very slow though.  Also, it only seems to recognize half of my library.

Posted by Rog on September 24, 2005 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

I am in and using it too.  It seems to only know one third of my library.  The weird thing is it may know 4 tracks on a mainstream album, but not the other 8 on the same album.  So far I can’t get it to create a mix by playing one track in my mixable playlist.

Posted by Brad on September 24, 2005 at 8:54 PM (PDT)

It seems like the system didn’t get my emailaddress, since I still haven’t received any confirmation email, and I still can’t log in.. too bad, since I’m not able to sign up again.

Posted by sennmen on September 25, 2005 at 4:23 AM (PDT)

We’ve performed the first set of updates to our server having identified the main performance bottleneck.

Would welcome feedback.

If you email your details sennmen I’d be glad to activate your account.

Posted by iCueMix support on September 25, 2005 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

This news item is about to drop off the page; so I am going to post this same comment in an icuemix post on the forum.  I’ve had great success so far having icuemix recognize my tracks (at least 80% so far; up from 33% yesterday).  Mixes look good so far too; though I haven’t looked too deeply.  So far it looks really promising!

Posted by Brad on September 25, 2005 at 5:12 PM (PDT)

Good idea, but like most Win-apps this does not work the way it should. Selling air is a speciality of Microsoft…

Posted by MicroShit on November 10, 2005 at 4:29 AM (PDT)

I can’t seem to get through to their server…

Is it down now?

Posted by birdshit on November 26, 2005 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2