iDea HomeDock offers iPod, PSP connectivity | iLounge News

iDea HomeDock offers iPod, PSP connectivity

image

FriendTech has introduced the iDea HomeDock, a new combo docking station for iPods, Sony PSPs, and other portable devices. The HomeDock comes in two versions—wired and wireless—and allows users to connect the handheld devices to a home entertainment system for music and video playback. In addition to audio/video connectivity, the unit also simultaneously charges both iPods and PSPs, and features a 16-button remote control and a USB 2.0 port for synchronization with a computer. Other MP3 players and music cell phones can also be connected to the unit. The iDea Wireless HomeDock uses RF HD-Audio transmitting and broadcasting to send music wirelessly to multiple room stereos and headphones. Pricing and availability were not announced.

« Mix: Mac sales, Norway, The Fader, CoverScout

Pacific Design debuts GrandStand iPod case »

Comments

Will it come in black? If it doesn’t, it’ll alienate most PSP owners and many (most?) 5G iPod owners, not that I own either.

Posted by LukeA on June 7, 2006 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

What’s wrong with having a black iPod and a white stand or vice versa? Black and white is a classic color combo and frankly people who have everything monotone are usually tasteless. Mix it up a bit, stop being so boring.

Posted by Fluent . . . on June 7, 2006 at 11:20 AM (PDT)

I’ve never seen a white PSP before.

Posted by Jonathan on June 7, 2006 at 12:04 PM (PDT)

This is truly a sign that yesterday was, indeed, the apocalypse.

Posted by Jeff Martin on June 7, 2006 at 12:28 PM (PDT)

“I’ve never seen a white PSP before.”

I believe they were only available in Japan (could be other countries too, I’m not sure). Of course, here in the US, we’re stuck with boring old black.

Posted by Nobody on June 7, 2006 at 7:00 PM (PDT)

personaly i think this is the dumbest idea ever. who actually has both and ipod and PSP and if you did why would you want to connect them together… idk maybe im just dumb

Posted by ArtDamage911 in Akron, Ohio on June 7, 2006 at 9:07 PM (PDT)

I have both and I would like to charge them together to save space and cable clutter. Shame that the dock ignores the USB port on the TOP of the PSP.
PS Both my 5G iPod and PSP are white. I got my PSP in Tokyo although, annoyingly, they are available in the UK now.

Posted by Chris Matchett in London on June 7, 2006 at 11:50 PM (PDT)

I have both, in white also. Ordered the PSP from Japan. Audiocubes.com. I also like the idea of being able to simultaneously charge both devices. The white PSP is gorgeous! But since it’s the Jap version, it only plays region 2 UMD movies as well as those sold in the UK. As far as games go, it’s universal, any UMD game will play on it. I feel the Jap version (white or black) has a better screen, and next to no pixels. Also, the Jap firmware upgrades are pretty cool. I’m thrilled with it! wink

Posted by Andipod on June 8, 2006 at 4:53 AM (PDT)

Really sweet product. BTW the white psp was released in the US and Europe 2 months ago. They are very limited. But this is a great idea being wireless and all. I just don’t like that antenae the worst router i have ever owned has the same one

Posted by Tanner on June 10, 2006 at 11:09 AM (PDT)

Idea sounds cool but cell phones as well??  With so many different connectors its hard to beilieve.  BTW The white PSP’s are also available in Hong Kong and sell for the same price as the black version.  Also both colors come in value and giga pack versions.

Posted by ViciousEd on June 11, 2006 at 9:40 AM (PDT)

For few I days I’m proud to use a white psp smile

Posted by neil on August 19, 2006 at 5:57 AM (PDT)