iDiddy case combines lanyard and earphones | iLounge News

iDiddy case combines lanyard and earphones

imagePacific Rim Marketing has announced the iDiddy, which the company calls “the marriage of fashion and technology combined into the first integrated earbud, lanyard, and leather case combination for the complete Apple iPod product line.”

The iDiddy is a “wearable and tangle-freeâ€? leather case that features an adjustable lanyard with integrated earbuds. Pacific Rim said the earbuds used are “quality products” that are sold on an OEM basis to a number of “brand name” companies that offer earbuds with their MP3 or CD player.

The iDiddys are available in three colors — Onyx, Mocha and Snow — for the iPod shuffle ($49.95), iPod mini ($59.95), 4G iPod ($69.95), and 3G iPod ($69.96). All versions are expected to ship later this month.

« H2O Audio ships waterproof case for full-size iPods

Mix: Kottke, Canada, Xbox, D conference, Crimebuster »

Comments

#1 iDiddy sounds too much like Pdiddy.
#2 its one of the stupidest case names ever.
#3 what do you want to bet those phones SUCK, because “brand name OEM” means sh***y pack-ins
#4 Isnt the ipod a little big for a lanyard, I can see a mini maybe, but bid pods have a little heft to them.
#5 The ipod shuffle one is a better idea, but WAY overpriced, its half the price of the shuffle.
#6 oh yeah I forgot, I dont even like earbuds, I am eternally glued to my holy shure e2c’s

Posted by ipodfreak in oregon on May 17, 2005 at 8:35 AM (PDT)

Wow.  That looks HORRIBLE.

Posted by stark23x on May 17, 2005 at 9:24 AM (PDT)

Probably one of the worst things I’ve seen yet.

ipodfreak covered a good bit of it… need to include better headphones.  From the photos the quality of the case looks horid, even more so then the quality of the website itself.

Being that I spent alot of time in DC and only listen to my iPod while commuting into DC, and hearing about the growing number of severe iPod muggings, I would NEVER wear my iPod like on display around my neck.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on May 17, 2005 at 10:51 AM (PDT)

Wow.  This looks like a great product to walk around campus with.  I’m going to buy one.

Posted by fl1pper on May 17, 2005 at 11:33 AM (PDT)

This is the equivalent of an eyeglass lanyard.  For dorks and elderly women only.

Posted by petro on May 17, 2005 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

Even if I wanted one, after looking at the site I would laugh and walk away.

Posted by EricP on May 17, 2005 at 8:42 PM (PDT)