iDockCovers add style to the iPod Dock | iLounge News

iDockCovers add style to the iPod Dock

pic Westshore Craftworks has announced its hardwood iDockCovers, which slip over Apple’s iPod Dock, adding color and style. They are available in a variety of woods and finishes for 3G, 4G and iPod mini models. “Made of the finest hardwoods, iDockCovers are carefully and skillfully hand-finished. Available in a variety of models that cover the spectrum from traditional wood finishes to brightly-colored, high-gloss ‘electric guitar’ finishes.” Pricing starts at $34.95.

« Analyst expects 4 million iPods to be sold this quarter

Mix: Motorola M500, silhouettes, Nokia Neo, vinyl »

Comments

For reals?

Posted by Mani on November 22, 2004 at 2:09 PM (PDT)

I don’t really understand this obsession with covering up the ipod with other materials. The glossy white finish is what makes the iPod so stylish to begin with, surely?

Posted by Lawrence Mikkelsen in New Zealand on November 22, 2004 at 2:23 PM (PDT)

This is a beautiful option if all that glossy whiteness annoys the hell out of you!

For instance, the iPod dock connected to the stereo in my dark wood covered den sticks out like a sore thumb. These are perfect!

Posted by ACiPod on November 22, 2004 at 2:28 PM (PDT)

hey i dont think i would buy one myself, but i must admit this sure is a better and more creative idea then the iBeam or other random and usless or repetative iPod accesories…

Posted by rivlinm in saint louis on November 22, 2004 at 8:19 PM (PDT)

...so I guess this means about the only iPod accessory yet to be introduced would be an integrated docking solution for your toilet.

Posted by jcs in USA on November 23, 2004 at 4:55 AM (PDT)

I dunno about you, but I for one have had plenty of integrated docking with my toilet.  No ipod needed.

Posted by eben on November 23, 2004 at 5:40 AM (PDT)

I think it’s great to have lots of iPod accessories to choose from. Why expect there to be ONLY ones that appeal to YOU?

I’m quite happy with my battery-free iBeam—and I can see the point of changing your dock to match your decor as well.

Posted by Nagromme on November 23, 2004 at 11:14 AM (PDT)

Instead of this, why doesn’t some company come up with a dock that will allow us to mount an iPod in an iSkin or similar case?

Posted by Wilder_K_Wight on November 23, 2004 at 6:44 PM (PDT)

While there are many ipod assessories right now, I think that this item is really nice personally. I bought one of these recently from these guys and I think its quite cool really. I emailed them to ask them if there was anything new to come out in the future and they said they were making these new “electronic guitar” docks that look like the base of an electric guitar…quite cool…They also said you could customize your own if you wanted. You guys gotta check some of these out.

Posted by Ipoduser on December 1, 2004 at 10:31 PM (PDT)