iFixit posts iPod shuffle 2G disassembly photos | iLounge News

iFixit posts iPod shuffle 2G disassembly photos

Repair shop iFixit has posted disassembly photographs of the second-generation iPod shuffle, along with notes on the unit’s various components. Though the shop doesn’t detail specifications for any of the electronic parts, the photographs show a Lithium-Ion polymer battery, an ARM processor with an Apple logo, a memory chip, and a small chip marked “AAC.” Photos and additional details are available here. (via Gizmodo)

« Apple adds 8GB nano to (PRODUCT) RED list

V-Moda unveils Vibe earphones »

Comments

Great job on showing how to take it apart.  Now where’s the tutorial on how to put it back together?  I wanna hit the gym and I need tunes.

Posted by Matt on November 3, 2006 at 12:39 AM (PDT)

Why is it that every time a new iPod is released, people see the need to dissect it.  Who cares about the insides of the iPod.  If it brakes, knowing how to take it apart doesn’t help much.  I love my iPod, but people please stop the insanity.

Posted by JOG on November 3, 2006 at 7:05 AM (PDT)

What?!? They posted instructions on how to take your iPod apart!

Why would I want to take my iPod apart!?!  And if its a 2G shuffle, it’s new.  Even more of a reason NOT to take it apart.

Sorry, I just don’t get it :(

Posted by 3rdEye on November 3, 2006 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

people more technically inclined than you are curious how they made it so small or what components are used in the signal path or if the battery will be replaceable in 3 years.  investors want to know how much the parts cost and what the profit margin is.

this company in particular wants to know if they can make money off of replacement parts.  they also know they can make money from the traffic generated by posting this so early (people look at, realize the site is nice and buy something to fix their ipod).

Posted by zip22 on November 3, 2006 at 12:12 PM (PDT)

It’s called intellectual curiosity. It’s what got us out of the stone age and keeps us advancing.

Posted by Chucklenuts on November 3, 2006 at 12:34 PM (PDT)

All I can say is…You guys are a bunch of N E R D S.  get a life.

Posted by MrG on November 3, 2006 at 12:42 PM (PDT)

MrG: I HAVE a life, thank you very much.

Curiosity never hurt anyone, including the cat. It’s no different whether I tear into one of my iPods, a computer or my Porsche. Some people DO want to know how things work, and not be spoon fed everything.

Besides, where are the next generation of visionaries, idea guys and inventors going to come from if they refuse to understand what they’re dealing with now?

Posted by flatline response on November 3, 2006 at 1:39 PM (PDT)