iFlipWallet debuts iFlip case for iPhone 3G, 3GS | iLounge News

iFlipWallet debuts iFlip case for iPhone 3G, 3GS

image

iFlipWallet has introduced the iFlip, a new case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The iFlip is a combination case and wallet, made from genuine leather and offering a wallet-like, flip-out addition on the rear of the case. Features include access to all ports and controls whether the wallet portion is opened or closed, access to the camera when the wallet is open, and several card slots on the interior of the wallet, including one with a clear cover to keep IDs visible. The iFlip iPhone wallet is available now and sells for $50.

« Intel responds on iPhone sync issues

iSkin rolls out solo FX SE for iPhone 3G, 3GS »

Comments

This is perfect for me. Serious space saver, quality material and looks compact.

Oh wait, I live outside of the United States, therefore my money is no good.

When I see this kind of plain lazy attitude, I genuinely hope a business folds. In this economic climate, commerce can’t afford to cut corners.

Posted by jay smith on November 5, 2009 at 7:29 AM (PDT)

What a brilliant concept. It’s too big to fit in my pants pocket, has no belt clip and looks like it flips open easily with a little magnetic closure.

Outstanding, now someone can steal my phone, money, credit cards and ID all in one shot.

Posted by ScooterD35 on November 5, 2009 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

HA HA HA!  Their iPhone images are all mirrored/reversed.  While this is a minor mistake; to me it indicates a lack of attention to detail.  I think I’ll pass on this case.

Posted by Sean on November 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM (PDT)

And, you can’t use the camera without pulling out of case it looks like?

Posted by Scott Haslip on November 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM (PDT)

I purchased this case after I saw one that my friend had bought one.  They are a new company, but their product is really useful.  It was one of those “I wish I had thought it it first” things.

Scott - you can use the camera without taking it out of the case.  You just open the flip, there is a camera hole.

I am very happy with my purpose.  Good to see the companies getting some publicity.

Posted by Sam Wiles on November 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

purchase*

Posted by Sam Wiles on November 5, 2009 at 10:53 AM (PDT)

I really like the idea of being able to consolidate two of the three things that I always take with me when I leave the house (iPhone, wallet, keys), but this isn’t doing it for me.  It’s too thick.  I certainly wouldn’t want to put this in a back pocket, because then I’d be sitting on my iPhone, and I can’t imagine that something this bulky would fit in a front pocket comfortably.

Posted by didymos! on November 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

Cool idea, waaaaayyyy too expensive.

Posted by Paul on November 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

Am I the only sensical person out there that thinks this is a stupid idea?  If you get this not only will you lose both your wallet but your phone also if you get mugged, forget it somewhere etc.

Posted by Reality on November 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM (PDT)

Re: Reality,

Keeping track on ONE things is MUCH easier that keepings track of SEVERAL things. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by Re: Reality on November 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM (PDT)

It’s already been done.  I’ve had my walletskin case from Sena since last year. I love it.

Posted by Christina on November 7, 2009 at 10:07 PM (PDT)

Not to mention Sena’s is cheaper and comes with a removable belt clip.

Posted by Christina on November 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM (PDT)

I looked at the Sena cases.  Realistically as a guy I can not see myself with a Sena case.  It looks more like a girls purse than a leather wallet.  Plus they are the same price.  this one works for me.

Posted by John on November 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM (PDT)

This definitely a Sena walletskin wannabe. In fact, the design is a copy of Sena’s design. If you buy the black walletskin at Apple Store you will be getting the original one.I hate copies.

Posted by Huang on November 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM (PDT)

My friend said the same thing about losing wallet and phone at once.  But that’s like saying youd rather have a separate phone, mp3 player, GPS system and handheld internet device, since if you lose your iphone you lose all those things once.

With that same logic, you should put each bill, credit card and borders gift certificate in a different pocket.  In reality, the fewer items you carry, the less likely you are to leave them somewhere.

I’ve had an iflip for a few months, and i still have it.

Posted by Harry N on November 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM (PDT)

I tried this case but don’t like it. With 4 cards in it, it can barely close, so forget about doubling up multiple cards in a single slot. Also, the pockets are so tight that it is almost impossible to get your cards out again. I like the idea of keeping everything in one place but bottom line is that this just isn’t that convenient to use. Also, when you undo the magnetic clip to flip open the wallet, there is no longer anything holding the iPhone in the case.

Posted by Graham on March 29, 2010 at 8:59 AM (PDT)

Don’t waste your time, or money on this product.

I have had an iFlipWallet for both my iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 that came apart. I didn’t ask for replacement on the iPhone 3 case because I upgraded to an iPhone 4. However, after less than a year of use the iFlipWallet for my iPhone 4 also came apart at the seams. The warranty email address for iFlipWallet results in bounced messages and the person who monitors the info@ address has not responded to multiple emails asking for information on how to get a replacement case.

The claim on iFlipWallet.com that this product has a lifetime warranty is an outright lie.

Posted by Chris Heaven on July 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM (PDT)