iHome clock radio for iPod now available in black | iLounge News

iHome clock radio for iPod now available in black

imageThe iHome iH5 clock radio is the latest iPod accessory to be offered in a black version to match the latest iPods. The iH5—which lets you wake up to music from your iPod, an AM/FM radio or buzzer—features a built-in iPod cradle, stereo speakers, a backlit LCD screen and line-in to connect non-docking iPods and other audio players. The $100 device also charges your iPod while docked. It works with any dockable iPod, including the fifth-generation iPod and iPod nano. In addition, previous owners of the white iHome can now order cradle inserts ($6) for the iPod nano or cradle cushions ($3) for the 5G iPod.

« iLounge Dashboard Widget updated

iPod accessory market booming »

Comments

I have the version 1 IHome and it is really a great setup except for the back light.  It is so bright you have to cover the unit up to sleep.  This needs attention badly.

Posted by Jim Gilliland on January 14, 2006 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

Just got my black iH5…. a few bothersome quirks for 5G owners.  Such as the fact that the iH5s “power off” feature won’t actually turn off your iPod, just the clock unit itself.  So if you use the “sleep feature” your iPod will run all night long… you just won’t hear it because the iH5 has turned itself off.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else’s iH5 makes a little, for lack of a better term, squeaking noise through the speakers.  I have my radio close to my bed and when the volume is low, or when in between songs, you can hear this low and intermittant sqeak.  Sounds similar to how a dying CD discman sounds when spinning CDs.  I wanted to know if this was “normal” or if my iH5 is defective.  It’s a very soft noise that many might not have heard if not using the sleep feature or listening to the iH5 at a very soft volume.  Any thoughts?!

Posted by tufchik on January 19, 2006 at 1:09 PM (PDT)

Received iH5 ver 2 for Christmas and found the concept ideal for our needs, but implimentation defective.  Viewing the unit on a shelf from bed, the clock is unreadably uniform gray.  Tilting unit 30° makes time readable on bright settings.  On dimmest setting we can’t read the time, but it is brighter than nightlight.  we’ll need to buy a second clock!  On wake up, volume for either radio or iPod ramps up to level 20 when 8 to 10 is desirable.  Manual says to be sure to adjust wake up to comfortable level and it will be remembered, but their tech says wake up level is not adjustable, and loud because it is “supposed to alarm you!”  Currently buzzer resounds despite off setting, a few minutes after iPod starts playing.  I hope they find a way to reprogram the internal chip to make the product function reasonably.

Posted by Dave Trapp on January 26, 2006 at 12:29 AM (PDT)

i got one for christmas, love it, but today i noticed that the backlight is not on at all.  is there a way to turn it off or did something happen to mine?  i know everyone who has complained about the brightness of the backlight will probably consider me lucky since there’s no backlight, but it’s kind of annoying.  any input would be awesome.  thanks.

Posted by snugent on January 26, 2006 at 6:43 PM (PDT)

It is absolutely ridiculous: I bought this brilliant iHome, plugged it into my power supply and after a few seconds it blew up because it could not convert to 22OV input. Worse, when I tried to buy the U150110D43 iH5 power supply from http://www.ihomeaudio.com, I was told that their parts department does not ship overseas!—So much for the age of globalisation at iHome Audio! Unbelievable. Advice: Do not buy the iHome, unless you are living in the US of A!

Posted by Reinhard on February 1, 2006 at 12:07 PM (PDT)

exclent product !!!!!! i use every feature

Posted by @llan on March 17, 2006 at 6:03 PM (PDT)

Subject: gradual wake feature iH5 problem

Hello,
I like the features on this unit except for the “gradual wake feature”.  It’s driving be crazy, The unit turns on with my Ipod in a nice low volume, but within seconds is blasting at high volume. How do I turn this feature off and have a nice normal steady low volume when the alarm turns on. I am at the point that I can’t use it as an alarm anymore.

Posted by mturo on March 20, 2006 at 12:11 AM (PDT)

Bought this product a couple of months ago.  It worked well initially.  Over the past few weeks it started to have problems.  Lost use of one side of the remote buttons, it stopped charging the iPod, and finally stopped playing the iPod altogether.  It is still under warranty—I will post again to report how the repair goes with customer service.

Posted by Jonny on April 17, 2006 at 11:51 AM (PDT)

can I uses the ihome iH5 with a nano 1GB I bought one but it only has the 2GB and 4GB listed in the instructions so I was scared to plug in my 1GB without asking.

Posted by Aggie on May 13, 2006 at 2:32 PM (PDT)

I just got the ihome as a gift and I love it, but I can’t figure out how set the alarm to wake to music I select. It always plays the very first thing (alphabetically) in my library. Anybody know how to get it to wake to something else?? Thanks!!

Posted by M on June 26, 2006 at 9:28 PM (PDT)

I recently bought this from the USA. I plugged it in (in the UK) and the whole thing blew up. Do you think that the power adaptor and the radio will still function if plugged in with a transformer? Or will the power adaptor be blown? Any suggestions on how i can use this device in the UK?

Posted by Anish on August 13, 2006 at 3:44 PM (PDT)

how can i read the answers

Posted by xtelle on November 1, 2006 at 4:55 AM (PDT)

I broke my ihome class 2 power supply (wall plug) and I can’t seem to find JUST the plug any where…. Got any suggestions?
Thanks smile
Patty

Posted by patty on April 10, 2007 at 7:52 PM (PDT)

Does anyne know where to obtain the UK version of the charger???

Posted by Emz on May 14, 2007 at 6:50 PM (PDT)

I live in the UK and need the appropriate adaprtor. Anyone got any advice?

Posted by Laura Downham on August 12, 2007 at 7:20 AM (PDT)

Both of my boys have an Ihome. One white and one black.  The problem I have with both is that they lose time.  They always seem to be 5 minutes slow.  Any sugestions

Posted by Nancy on September 11, 2007 at 6:34 AM (PDT)

Does registering help you see the answers to the questions already posted?

Posted by Jodi on November 23, 2007 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

When I put the iPod Classic in the slot it plays a few minutes then stops.  Says fully charged?  Any idea what is wrong and how to fix? Thanks Dorothy

Posted by dotbowels on February 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

I’m try to find an AC adapter for my iHome iH5 clock radio. I burned mine out from a power surge. I only need an adpter.

Posted by Iraq soldier on March 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2