iHome debuts three clock radios for iPad, iPhone, iPod
iHome has announced that it will debut three new alarm clock speaker systems for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod next week at the 2012 International CES. Headlining the lineup is the iW4, the company’s first AirPlay-compatible clock radio system. In addition to Wi-Fi and AirPlay compatibility, the iW4 also offers compatibility with the iHome Connect, Sleep, and Radio apps, upgradable firmware, Ethernet connectivity, dual programmable alarms, the ability to wake and sleep to AirPlay devices, a docked iPad, iPhone or iPod, FM Radio, or alarm tones, SRS TruBass sound enhancement, a gradual wake feature, and a remote control. It is expected to sell for $270.
Also included in the new lineup is the iP18, a LED-powered color changing system featuring a top-mounted iPhone/iPad dock, four color modes, four wake-up modes, a Reson8 speaker chamber, and compatibility with the company’s iHome Sleep and iHome Radio apps. It will sell for $70. Rounding out the offerings if the iD50, a new app-enhanced clock radio that takes some design cues from the company’s award-winning iA100 system, an offers Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, an AM/FM radio, a top-mounted, iPad/iPhone/iPod-compatible dock, dual 7/5/2 alarms, a speakerphone with built-in mic, SRS TruBass sound enhancement, a line-in jack for connecting other audio sources, an included remote control, and compatibility with the company’s iHome Sleep and iHome Radio apps. It is expected to sell for $170.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels