iHome debuts three clock radios for iPad, iPhone, iPod
iHome has announced that it will debut three new alarm clock speaker systems for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod next week at the 2012 International CES. Headlining the lineup is the iW4, the company’s first AirPlay-compatible clock radio system. In addition to Wi-Fi and AirPlay compatibility, the iW4 also offers compatibility with the iHome Connect, Sleep, and Radio apps, upgradable firmware, Ethernet connectivity, dual programmable alarms, the ability to wake and sleep to AirPlay devices, a docked iPad, iPhone or iPod, FM Radio, or alarm tones, SRS TruBass sound enhancement, a gradual wake feature, and a remote control. It is expected to sell for $270.
Also included in the new lineup is the iP18, a LED-powered color changing system featuring a top-mounted iPhone/iPad dock, four color modes, four wake-up modes, a Reson8 speaker chamber, and compatibility with the company’s iHome Sleep and iHome Radio apps. It will sell for $70. Rounding out the offerings if the iD50, a new app-enhanced clock radio that takes some design cues from the company’s award-winning iA100 system, an offers Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming, an AM/FM radio, a top-mounted, iPad/iPhone/iPod-compatible dock, dual 7/5/2 alarms, a speakerphone with built-in mic, SRS TruBass sound enhancement, a line-in jack for connecting other audio sources, an included remote control, and compatibility with the company’s iHome Sleep and iHome Radio apps. It is expected to sell for $170.
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today