iHome, Philips, RCA release new iPad-ready systems
iHome, Philips, and RCA have all debuted new iPad-ready docking speaker systems. Shown by the company at the 2011 CES, the iHome iD85 is a dual-alarm clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, one-button sync of the iD85’s clock to the device’s an AM/FM radio, EQ controls, Reson8 sound technology, an auxiliary input, and support for the company’s iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps. It is available now and sells for $140.
Philips’ Rise and Shine DC291/37 is an aluminum clock radio for iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, automatic clock synchronization, 10W RMS of total power, a digital FM tuner, a front-facing LCD display, a 3.5mm input, weekday/weekend alarm settings, and neodymium drivers. It sells for $120; a dual-dock version, the DC390/37, has yet to be released.
Finally, RCA has introduced its Ri173 Sound System for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, featuring a slim design, a top-mounted dock, a digital FM tuner, stereo speakers, digital volume control, and an included remote control. It is available now and sells for $100.
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Twelve South intros SurfacePad for iPad mini
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac