iHome reveals iH52, iH7 iPod speaker systems | iLounge News

iHome reveals iH52, iH7 iPod speaker systems

image

Following the introduction of three new iPod speakers systems earlier this month, iHome Audio has provided iLounge with exclusive photos and information on two more systems—the iH52 and iH7—which will be released this year. While product details are slim at this time, iHome said that the iH52, a 2.1 bookshelf system with subwoofer, will be available in July for $199. The company said the iH7, the successor to the best-selling iH5 speaker system/clock radio, will add several enhancements including an extra “bedside” speaker and iPod shuffle dock. The iH7 will go on sale in Fall 2006 for $149. iHome said that these images are “not necessarily reflective of the products’ final design.”

Announcement: Join iLounge editors and Evan Stein of iHome for an informal live chat on April 6th at 3:00 p.m. PT. We will also be giving away several iHome products during the chat.

image

image

« Apple releases iPod update with maximum volume limit

Apple offers Lost, Desperate Housewives Season Passes »

Comments

I like this! the price is not to bad either! If I was going to buy one of the two it would be a very togh decsion! I dont like the screen on the other one though, I like the idea but the font is kinda cheesy.

Posted by LawnBoy on March 28, 2006 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

Boy that thing sure looks swell.

Bet it sounds good too!

Posted by kebot1 on March 28, 2006 at 5:01 PM (PDT)

oh iH52, I think I am in love.. if it was a normal clock radio like the iH5, but with the extra speakers and sub… drool. Price is great too!

Posted by ImpactOrangeTJ on March 28, 2006 at 6:16 PM (PDT)

I’d really like to hear what other improvements the IH7 is going to have.

Posted by zadillo on March 28, 2006 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

I have the original iHome clock radio. If they’re improving on it, they ought to take a crack at letting the owner control the wake volume. Currently, it has a “gentle” increase that goes from quiet to max in a hurry. I have to beg my husband to let me keep it despite the days it scares the daylights out of him.

Posted by gboysun on March 28, 2006 at 7:27 PM (PDT)

Can the iH7’s backlight be adjusted? or turned off?

Posted by hoho on March 28, 2006 at 7:41 PM (PDT)

i emailed the company asking if a new version of the iHome was forthcoming, one which fixed the horrendous “gentle” wake feature. I sill have not heard back from them.

Let’s hope that one of iLuv’s new products or this new iHome provide those of us who enjoy waking up to music with a proper option.

I currently use my iMac (w/ iCal and iTunes) but i’d rather let it sleep.

Posted by mike in boston or toronto on March 28, 2006 at 8:27 PM (PDT)

now this I like… a normal, attractive shelf sysmtem with some satilites and a sub. Though I have no idea how it will sound i like the look. To bad im to poor for such things… but at least this price isn’t ridiculous. I think one thing that would be cool is if the the dock part was a speaker too… get a little 3.1 action going on.

Posted by JeremytheIndian on March 29, 2006 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

I just received the iLuv i177 alarm clock yesterday and I love it! I bought the iLuv instead of the iHome because the iLuv has dual alarms (for me and my wife) and came with a remote. Turns out it has a usb port for my shuffle as well as the iPod port for other models. It’s pretty cool! That’s cool that iHome is improving its alarm clock.

Posted by Michael Hinson on March 29, 2006 at 9:21 AM (PDT)

Am I the only one who fails to see the point of the asymetrical third speaker on the iH7?

Posted by Hrothgar on March 29, 2006 at 10:09 AM (PDT)

I don’t understand the 3rd speaker on the ihome either.  Someone please explain why this is a good thing.

Posted by Moshman in USA-CA on March 29, 2006 at 7:03 PM (PDT)

i guess is the subwoofer

Posted by eddie on March 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM (PDT)

i will clear up the extra speaker i under stand whats it for…it is so your ihome doest have to be right next to your bed you can have it on the other side of the room and have it wake up with with the speaker near you…i wish mine had this cuz my night stand is low and would like to put it on my desk to have it sound better but then the volume would have to be higher to let me hear it…hope that helps

Posted by brennan on March 29, 2006 at 7:19 PM (PDT)

hi Michael - could you post your comments on the iLuv? Is the wake volume user adjustable? Does it switch to the buzzer if the iPod track you select for Wake is too quiet?

By the way, there is nothing in the article about iHome improving the alarm clock, just adding another speaker. What are you referring to?

Posted by mike in boston or toronto on March 29, 2006 at 8:52 PM (PDT)

i have the iHome in white i just got it two days ago. [i didnt know there was or see the black one]. and i LOVE it!. its amazing the sound. but mine didnt come with the extra speaker. it works great with my 5G iPod but not so good with the rubber case thats on my iPod. Plus mine didn’t come with the extra subwoofer i don’t know why. i guess this is a newer model?

Posted by carlos on March 29, 2006 at 9:50 PM (PDT)

I think the 3rd speaker is useless

Posted by Tom Moccia on March 29, 2006 at 10:15 PM (PDT)

Looks like this could be like the sonos. If that were the case it will be really cool.

Posted by Me on April 3, 2006 at 3:24 PM (PDT)

Do you have any idea how a 3rd Generation I Pod Nano hooks up to the IH52 & to the TV to watch movies/Photo’s/Music Video’s or is this not possible?  Have the right cords-not sure if I am hooking up wrong-nothing shows on the screen.

Posted by Julie Pennoyer on November 6, 2008 at 6:43 PM (PDT)