iHome rolls out new speakers for iPod, iPhone, iPad
iHome has rolled out its new line of speakers and app-enhanced accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. For the iPod and iPhone, the company has announced the iA63, an Alarm Clock FM radio stereo speaker system featuring a central, motorized rotating dock, compatibility with the iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 speaker chamber technology, a line-in jack, and a full-featured remote controls. Also new is the iA17, an app-enhanced color changing alarm clock radio featuring a rounded design, a top-mounted iPod and iPhone dock, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 stereo speakers with a passive subwoofer, a line-in jack, compatibility with the iHome+ apps, a sync button to synchronize the on-board clock to that of a connected iPhone, an included remote control, and a translucent cabinet featuring five color change modes—including a pulse mode that syncs the flashing colors to music—and the ability to display 27 different colors. A third app-enhanced system, the iA91, is the latest version of the company’s top-selling clock radio, featuring iHome+ app compatibility, a top-mounted Universal Dock, bass, treble, 3D, and balance controls, Reson8 ported cabinets, stereo speakers, a time sync button, a line-in jack, dual alarms, and an included remote control.
For the iPad, the company has announced five new products. The iDM12 is a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, featuring a removable iPad stand, a magnetic cover to keep the stand and speaker unit together when travelling, stereo speakers with a passive radiator, SRS TruBass circuitry, and an integrated, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The iDM15 is a set of rechargeable, portable stereo Bluetooth speakers, featuring a line-in jack, speakerphone functionality with a built-in mic and answer/end buttons, a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, an included travel case that folds back to form a stand, and an included USB charging cable. The iDM70 is a “Sound Sleeve” folio-style case for iPad featuring a faux leather exterior, an inner silicon sleeve with cutouts for access to all ports and controls, integrated NXT flat panel stereo speakers powered by an internal lithium-ion battery, a built-in USB cable for charging, and the ability to function as a six-position stand.
The iD28 is an app-enhanced, portable, rechargeable FM clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a front-mounted retracting dock, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, six Reson8 speakers (two passive, four active), SRS TruBass technology, an FM radio with six user presets, a line-in jack, the ability to charge the connected iPad, iPhone, or iPad when connected to power via the included AC adapter, an internal lithium-ion battery, an included remote control, and an included carrying case. Finally, the iD85 is an app-enhanced dual alarm clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, 12 AM/FM presets, adjustable EQ controls, a programmable snooze time, gradual wake and gradual sleep functions, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, a line-in jack, a battery backup, and an included remote control. All of iHome’s new audio solutions for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod will be available later this year; pricing has yet to be announced.
- Moshi debuts aluminum USB Cable with Lightning Connector
- iLuv intros Aud 5 Lightning speaker dock for iPhone 5
- Jays debuts a-Jays Five earphones
- IK Multimedia bows iKlip 2 for iPad, iKlip Studio for mini
- Mophie debuts Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- NewerTech releases GripBase Podium for iPad, mini
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- New Apple offers in India can reduce iPhone price
- Report: Apple testing 1.5” OLED displays for iWatch
- Song skipping terms slowing iRadio negotiations
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- OCDesk OCDock for iPhone 5
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address