iHome rolls out new speakers for iPod, iPhone, iPad
iHome has rolled out its new line of speakers and app-enhanced accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. For the iPod and iPhone, the company has announced the iA63, an Alarm Clock FM radio stereo speaker system featuring a central, motorized rotating dock, compatibility with the iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 speaker chamber technology, a line-in jack, and a full-featured remote controls. Also new is the iA17, an app-enhanced color changing alarm clock radio featuring a rounded design, a top-mounted iPod and iPhone dock, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 stereo speakers with a passive subwoofer, a line-in jack, compatibility with the iHome+ apps, a sync button to synchronize the on-board clock to that of a connected iPhone, an included remote control, and a translucent cabinet featuring five color change modes—including a pulse mode that syncs the flashing colors to music—and the ability to display 27 different colors. A third app-enhanced system, the iA91, is the latest version of the company’s top-selling clock radio, featuring iHome+ app compatibility, a top-mounted Universal Dock, bass, treble, 3D, and balance controls, Reson8 ported cabinets, stereo speakers, a time sync button, a line-in jack, dual alarms, and an included remote control.
For the iPad, the company has announced five new products. The iDM12 is a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, featuring a removable iPad stand, a magnetic cover to keep the stand and speaker unit together when travelling, stereo speakers with a passive radiator, SRS TruBass circuitry, and an integrated, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The iDM15 is a set of rechargeable, portable stereo Bluetooth speakers, featuring a line-in jack, speakerphone functionality with a built-in mic and answer/end buttons, a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, an included travel case that folds back to form a stand, and an included USB charging cable. The iDM70 is a “Sound Sleeve” folio-style case for iPad featuring a faux leather exterior, an inner silicon sleeve with cutouts for access to all ports and controls, integrated NXT flat panel stereo speakers powered by an internal lithium-ion battery, a built-in USB cable for charging, and the ability to function as a six-position stand.
The iD28 is an app-enhanced, portable, rechargeable FM clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a front-mounted retracting dock, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, six Reson8 speakers (two passive, four active), SRS TruBass technology, an FM radio with six user presets, a line-in jack, the ability to charge the connected iPad, iPhone, or iPad when connected to power via the included AC adapter, an internal lithium-ion battery, an included remote control, and an included carrying case. Finally, the iD85 is an app-enhanced dual alarm clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, 12 AM/FM presets, adjustable EQ controls, a programmable snooze time, gradual wake and gradual sleep functions, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, a line-in jack, a battery backup, and an included remote control. All of iHome’s new audio solutions for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod will be available later this year; pricing has yet to be announced.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- InCarBite, Marshall/Urbanears + Peri
- Kanex, Macally, Oaxis + Standzout
- Lenmar, Lynktec, PhoneSuit + WeeGo
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?