iHome rolls out new speakers for iPod, iPhone, iPad
iHome has rolled out its new line of speakers and app-enhanced accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. For the iPod and iPhone, the company has announced the iA63, an Alarm Clock FM radio stereo speaker system featuring a central, motorized rotating dock, compatibility with the iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 speaker chamber technology, a line-in jack, and a full-featured remote controls. Also new is the iA17, an app-enhanced color changing alarm clock radio featuring a rounded design, a top-mounted iPod and iPhone dock, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 stereo speakers with a passive subwoofer, a line-in jack, compatibility with the iHome+ apps, a sync button to synchronize the on-board clock to that of a connected iPhone, an included remote control, and a translucent cabinet featuring five color change modes—including a pulse mode that syncs the flashing colors to music—and the ability to display 27 different colors. A third app-enhanced system, the iA91, is the latest version of the company’s top-selling clock radio, featuring iHome+ app compatibility, a top-mounted Universal Dock, bass, treble, 3D, and balance controls, Reson8 ported cabinets, stereo speakers, a time sync button, a line-in jack, dual alarms, and an included remote control.
For the iPad, the company has announced five new products. The iDM12 is a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, featuring a removable iPad stand, a magnetic cover to keep the stand and speaker unit together when travelling, stereo speakers with a passive radiator, SRS TruBass circuitry, and an integrated, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The iDM15 is a set of rechargeable, portable stereo Bluetooth speakers, featuring a line-in jack, speakerphone functionality with a built-in mic and answer/end buttons, a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, an included travel case that folds back to form a stand, and an included USB charging cable. The iDM70 is a “Sound Sleeve” folio-style case for iPad featuring a faux leather exterior, an inner silicon sleeve with cutouts for access to all ports and controls, integrated NXT flat panel stereo speakers powered by an internal lithium-ion battery, a built-in USB cable for charging, and the ability to function as a six-position stand.
The iD28 is an app-enhanced, portable, rechargeable FM clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a front-mounted retracting dock, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, six Reson8 speakers (two passive, four active), SRS TruBass technology, an FM radio with six user presets, a line-in jack, the ability to charge the connected iPad, iPhone, or iPad when connected to power via the included AC adapter, an internal lithium-ion battery, an included remote control, and an included carrying case. Finally, the iD85 is an app-enhanced dual alarm clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, 12 AM/FM presets, adjustable EQ controls, a programmable snooze time, gradual wake and gradual sleep functions, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, a line-in jack, a battery backup, and an included remote control. All of iHome’s new audio solutions for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod will be available later this year; pricing has yet to be announced.
- Withings unveils Activité fitness tracking watch
- Adobe intros Ink and Slide iPad accessories, new apps
- Adonit releases Jot Touch with Pixelpoint stylus
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Parrot announces MiniDrone release dates, pricing
- Report: Apple plans Lightning cable MFi headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads