iHome rolls out new speakers for iPod, iPhone, iPad
iHome has rolled out its new line of speakers and app-enhanced accessories for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. For the iPod and iPhone, the company has announced the iA63, an Alarm Clock FM radio stereo speaker system featuring a central, motorized rotating dock, compatibility with the iHome+Sleep and iHome+Radio apps, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 speaker chamber technology, a line-in jack, and a full-featured remote controls. Also new is the iA17, an app-enhanced color changing alarm clock radio featuring a rounded design, a top-mounted iPod and iPhone dock, six user-definable FM presets, Reson8 stereo speakers with a passive subwoofer, a line-in jack, compatibility with the iHome+ apps, a sync button to synchronize the on-board clock to that of a connected iPhone, an included remote control, and a translucent cabinet featuring five color change modes—including a pulse mode that syncs the flashing colors to music—and the ability to display 27 different colors. A third app-enhanced system, the iA91, is the latest version of the company’s top-selling clock radio, featuring iHome+ app compatibility, a top-mounted Universal Dock, bass, treble, 3D, and balance controls, Reson8 ported cabinets, stereo speakers, a time sync button, a line-in jack, dual alarms, and an included remote control.
For the iPad, the company has announced five new products. The iDM12 is a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker system for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, featuring a removable iPad stand, a magnetic cover to keep the stand and speaker unit together when travelling, stereo speakers with a passive radiator, SRS TruBass circuitry, and an integrated, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The iDM15 is a set of rechargeable, portable stereo Bluetooth speakers, featuring a line-in jack, speakerphone functionality with a built-in mic and answer/end buttons, a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery, an included travel case that folds back to form a stand, and an included USB charging cable. The iDM70 is a “Sound Sleeve” folio-style case for iPad featuring a faux leather exterior, an inner silicon sleeve with cutouts for access to all ports and controls, integrated NXT flat panel stereo speakers powered by an internal lithium-ion battery, a built-in USB cable for charging, and the ability to function as a six-position stand.
The iD28 is an app-enhanced, portable, rechargeable FM clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a front-mounted retracting dock, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, six Reson8 speakers (two passive, four active), SRS TruBass technology, an FM radio with six user presets, a line-in jack, the ability to charge the connected iPad, iPhone, or iPad when connected to power via the included AC adapter, an internal lithium-ion battery, an included remote control, and an included carrying case. Finally, the iD85 is an app-enhanced dual alarm clock radio for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod, featuring a top-mounted dock, 12 AM/FM presets, adjustable EQ controls, a programmable snooze time, gradual wake and gradual sleep functions, compatibility with the company’s iHome+ apps, a line-in jack, a battery backup, and an included remote control. All of iHome’s new audio solutions for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod will be available later this year; pricing has yet to be announced.
- Nest Protect subject to safety issue, sales halted
- Blackberry wins injunction banning Typo Keyboard Case
- Philips announces Hue Lux and Hue Tap
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Twelve South intros SurfacePad for iPad mini
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac