iHome to debut iPhone-compatible audio systems
iHome has announced details of its upcoming line of iPhone-compatible clock radios and audio systems. The iP14 Alarm Clock with Remote Control is a L-shaped alarm clock designed specifically for use with the iPhone and iPod touch, while retaining compatibility with most docking iPod models. The unique design allows users to change the orientation of the unit from vertical to horizontal for video viewing, while the clock display rotates along with the unit. It is scheduled for an April release, and will sell for $100. The iP9 Clock Radio & Audio System is based on the company’s iH9 clock radio, and adds several new features, including a remote that controls both the unit and iPod menu functions, 3D sound, a new 7-5-2 feature that lets users set different alarm tones and times for different days, and programmable snooze settings. It is expected to ship in February or March, and will sell for $120.
The iP47 Bluetooth Clock Radio & Speakerphone is a Bluetooth-enabled unit that allows users to dial and receive calls through its speakerphone, and wirelessly stream music from their A2DP stereo-enabled MP3 cell phones. Other features include a large LCD display with caller ID and a dual alarm. It will be released in June and will sell for $150. Finally, the iP51 2.1 Micro System with Sub is a space-saving system that features a built-in clock radio to wake and sleep to your iPhone or iPod, and video output for streaming videos to a TV. It is also expected to ship in June, and will sell for $170.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?