iHome to debut iPhone-compatible audio systems
iHome has announced details of its upcoming line of iPhone-compatible clock radios and audio systems. The iP14 Alarm Clock with Remote Control is a L-shaped alarm clock designed specifically for use with the iPhone and iPod touch, while retaining compatibility with most docking iPod models. The unique design allows users to change the orientation of the unit from vertical to horizontal for video viewing, while the clock display rotates along with the unit. It is scheduled for an April release, and will sell for $100. The iP9 Clock Radio & Audio System is based on the company’s iH9 clock radio, and adds several new features, including a remote that controls both the unit and iPod menu functions, 3D sound, a new 7-5-2 feature that lets users set different alarm tones and times for different days, and programmable snooze settings. It is expected to ship in February or March, and will sell for $120.
The iP47 Bluetooth Clock Radio & Speakerphone is a Bluetooth-enabled unit that allows users to dial and receive calls through its speakerphone, and wirelessly stream music from their A2DP stereo-enabled MP3 cell phones. Other features include a large LCD display with caller ID and a dual alarm. It will be released in June and will sell for $150. Finally, the iP51 2.1 Micro System with Sub is a space-saving system that features a built-in clock radio to wake and sleep to your iPhone or iPod, and video output for streaming videos to a TV. It is also expected to ship in June, and will sell for $170.
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- Amazon introduces Local Register Secure Card Reader
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today