iHome to debut iPhone-compatible audio systems
iHome has announced details of its upcoming line of iPhone-compatible clock radios and audio systems. The iP14 Alarm Clock with Remote Control is a L-shaped alarm clock designed specifically for use with the iPhone and iPod touch, while retaining compatibility with most docking iPod models. The unique design allows users to change the orientation of the unit from vertical to horizontal for video viewing, while the clock display rotates along with the unit. It is scheduled for an April release, and will sell for $100. The iP9 Clock Radio & Audio System is based on the company’s iH9 clock radio, and adds several new features, including a remote that controls both the unit and iPod menu functions, 3D sound, a new 7-5-2 feature that lets users set different alarm tones and times for different days, and programmable snooze settings. It is expected to ship in February or March, and will sell for $120.
The iP47 Bluetooth Clock Radio & Speakerphone is a Bluetooth-enabled unit that allows users to dial and receive calls through its speakerphone, and wirelessly stream music from their A2DP stereo-enabled MP3 cell phones. Other features include a large LCD display with caller ID and a dual alarm. It will be released in June and will sell for $150. Finally, the iP51 2.1 Micro System with Sub is a space-saving system that features a built-in clock radio to wake and sleep to your iPhone or iPod, and video output for streaming videos to a TV. It is also expected to ship in June, and will sell for $170.
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Video Review: Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Philips debuts first Lightning connector headphones, Fidelio M2L
- Video Review: Waterproof Grace Digital Ecostone and iHome iBN6 speakers
- Withings unveils Home video monitor
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels