iHome to debut iPhone-compatible audio systems
iHome has announced details of its upcoming line of iPhone-compatible clock radios and audio systems. The iP14 Alarm Clock with Remote Control is a L-shaped alarm clock designed specifically for use with the iPhone and iPod touch, while retaining compatibility with most docking iPod models. The unique design allows users to change the orientation of the unit from vertical to horizontal for video viewing, while the clock display rotates along with the unit. It is scheduled for an April release, and will sell for $100. The iP9 Clock Radio & Audio System is based on the company’s iH9 clock radio, and adds several new features, including a remote that controls both the unit and iPod menu functions, 3D sound, a new 7-5-2 feature that lets users set different alarm tones and times for different days, and programmable snooze settings. It is expected to ship in February or March, and will sell for $120.
The iP47 Bluetooth Clock Radio & Speakerphone is a Bluetooth-enabled unit that allows users to dial and receive calls through its speakerphone, and wirelessly stream music from their A2DP stereo-enabled MP3 cell phones. Other features include a large LCD display with caller ID and a dual alarm. It will be released in June and will sell for $150. Finally, the iP51 2.1 Micro System with Sub is a space-saving system that features a built-in clock radio to wake and sleep to your iPhone or iPod, and video output for streaming videos to a TV. It is also expected to ship in June, and will sell for $170.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- App Store prices going up in Australia, Indonesia and Sweden
- Apple’s antitrust monitor is leaving for good
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?