IK Multimedia releases DJ Rig for iPad
IK Multimedia has released a native iPad version of DJ Rig, its pro-quality DJ Mixing app for iOS. Originally released for the iPhone and iPod touch earlier this year, DJ Rig is a double-deck DJ mixing app designed for both the casual and professional user with support for basic mixing between audio sources alongside advanced tools such as effects, looping, cueing and sample pads. Users can mix tracks from the iOS music library or connect external sources via an appropriate DJ adapter cable or company’s own iRig MIX hardware accessory.
The iPad version brings the features of the original iPhone and iPod touch version to the larger iPad screen, with a size that provides a more efficient DJ mixing platform for the serious user, making controls and features more easily accessible. Users can mix and scratch tracks on the virtual turntables along with tempo sync and beat matching features—even from external sources—to help smooth crossfade transitions as well as taking advantage of an AutoMix feature to automatically build a mix set from the user’s iOS music library. An effects deck is also provided with 18 BPM-synced effects available and a sampler machine allows users to take advantage of nine assignable pads and up to 15 sound banks with live sampling functionality. DJ Rig for iPad is available in two versions: the full DJ Rig for iPad ($20) includes 12 effects and eight built-in sound banks while a free version, DJ Rig Free for iPad provides only a single Low Pass Filter effect and sound bank. Additional effects and sounds available for both versions via in-app purchase.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015