IK Multimedia releases DJ Rig for iPad
IK Multimedia has released a native iPad version of DJ Rig, its pro-quality DJ Mixing app for iOS. Originally released for the iPhone and iPod touch earlier this year, DJ Rig is a double-deck DJ mixing app designed for both the casual and professional user with support for basic mixing between audio sources alongside advanced tools such as effects, looping, cueing and sample pads. Users can mix tracks from the iOS music library or connect external sources via an appropriate DJ adapter cable or company’s own iRig MIX hardware accessory.
The iPad version brings the features of the original iPhone and iPod touch version to the larger iPad screen, with a size that provides a more efficient DJ mixing platform for the serious user, making controls and features more easily accessible. Users can mix and scratch tracks on the virtual turntables along with tempo sync and beat matching features—even from external sources—to help smooth crossfade transitions as well as taking advantage of an AutoMix feature to automatically build a mix set from the user’s iOS music library. An effects deck is also provided with 18 BPM-synced effects available and a sampler machine allows users to take advantage of nine assignable pads and up to 15 sound banks with live sampling functionality. DJ Rig for iPad is available in two versions: the full DJ Rig for iPad ($20) includes 12 effects and eight built-in sound banks while a free version, DJ Rig Free for iPad provides only a single Low Pass Filter effect and sound bank. Additional effects and sounds available for both versions via in-app purchase.
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Apps of the Week: Autodesk SketchBook, TeleStory, Reckless Racing 3 + more
- Adobe introduces suite of Creative Cloud mobile apps
- Apps of the Week: Post-it Plus, WW2: Sandbox, Fruit Ninja 2.0 + more
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0