IK Multimedia releases VocaLive for IPad
IK Multimedia has released an iPad version of VocaLive, its professional vocal recording and audio processing app for the iOS platform. VocaLive for iPad expands on the capabilities offered in the iPhone and iPod touch version, adding a fourth effect slot to the signal processing chain and allowing two vocal effects per chain. The expanded iPad screen also allows the preset browser to be presented in the main window of the interface making it easier to load and save presets on the fly. The iPad version also expands the favourites section to 40 via a new bank button, placing presets in an easily accessible location in the bottom panel for easy loading of frequently used settings.
VocaLive can be used with any audio input source via the iPad headphone jack or even the built-in mic, but is optimized for the iRig Mic (iLounge Rating: B) which also adds the benefit of real-time output to headphones, speakers or mixing boards via a dual mini-jack connector. VocaLive for iPad includes an audio recorder that can be expanded to eight track recording, along with a master effects section with Reverb, Chorus and Delay, a global parametric EQ and compressor for final mastering and a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects that can be combined into a chain of four processors. 50 presets are included to get users started as well as five vocal effects for tuning, pitch and harmony adjustments and a voice cancellation feature for singing along with existing songs as backing tracks. VocaLive for iPad is available from the App Store in two versions: the full VocaLive for iPad ($20) includes all of the effects while VocaLive Free for iPad (free) allows users to purchase individual effects “a la carte” for $3-$5 each. The 8-Track Recorder is a separate $15 in-app purchase in either version.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?