IK Multimedia releases VocaLive for IPad
IK Multimedia has released an iPad version of VocaLive, its professional vocal recording and audio processing app for the iOS platform. VocaLive for iPad expands on the capabilities offered in the iPhone and iPod touch version, adding a fourth effect slot to the signal processing chain and allowing two vocal effects per chain. The expanded iPad screen also allows the preset browser to be presented in the main window of the interface making it easier to load and save presets on the fly. The iPad version also expands the favourites section to 40 via a new bank button, placing presets in an easily accessible location in the bottom panel for easy loading of frequently used settings.
VocaLive can be used with any audio input source via the iPad headphone jack or even the built-in mic, but is optimized for the iRig Mic (iLounge Rating: B) which also adds the benefit of real-time output to headphones, speakers or mixing boards via a dual mini-jack connector. VocaLive for iPad includes an audio recorder that can be expanded to eight track recording, along with a master effects section with Reverb, Chorus and Delay, a global parametric EQ and compressor for final mastering and a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects that can be combined into a chain of four processors. 50 presets are included to get users started as well as five vocal effects for tuning, pitch and harmony adjustments and a voice cancellation feature for singing along with existing songs as backing tracks. VocaLive for iPad is available from the App Store in two versions: the full VocaLive for iPad ($20) includes all of the effects while VocaLive Free for iPad (free) allows users to purchase individual effects “a la carte” for $3-$5 each. The 8-Track Recorder is a separate $15 in-app purchase in either version.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?