IK Multimedia ships iRig MIC Cast
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping its iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact microphone for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The iRig MIC Cast is a miniaturized unidirectional microphone designed for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos and more. The accessory connects to an iOS device’s headphone jack and the bumper-friendly design is also compatible with a wide variety of cases. A stereo mini-jack output allows users to connect a set of headphones or speakers for real-time monitoring of recordings and the device also includes a switch to toggle between high and low gain settings to adjust for different sources and recording environments.
The iRig MIC Cast uses a unidirectional condenser capsule mic designed to isolate the intended audio source with a tight pickup pattern to minimize extraneous background noise, promising “crystal clear sound.” A highly portable tabletop stand is included to allow users to position their device in an optimal position for audio recording or FaceTime calls. iRig MIC Cast can be used with any app that supports audio input, including standard phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, and other Voice-over-IP apps; users can make recordings with Apple’s built-in Voice Memos app or any number of other audio recording apps available from the App Store. IK Multimedia also provides two free apps designed to work with the iRig MIC Cast: iRig Recorder for basic voice recording and editing and VocaLive which provides a multi-effects processing app for vocalists. iRig MIC Cast is available now and sells for $40.
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Mophie debuts new Space lineup
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?