IK Multimedia ships iRig MIC Cast
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping its iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact microphone for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The iRig MIC Cast is a miniaturized unidirectional microphone designed for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos and more. The accessory connects to an iOS device’s headphone jack and the bumper-friendly design is also compatible with a wide variety of cases. A stereo mini-jack output allows users to connect a set of headphones or speakers for real-time monitoring of recordings and the device also includes a switch to toggle between high and low gain settings to adjust for different sources and recording environments.
The iRig MIC Cast uses a unidirectional condenser capsule mic designed to isolate the intended audio source with a tight pickup pattern to minimize extraneous background noise, promising “crystal clear sound.” A highly portable tabletop stand is included to allow users to position their device in an optimal position for audio recording or FaceTime calls. iRig MIC Cast can be used with any app that supports audio input, including standard phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, and other Voice-over-IP apps; users can make recordings with Apple’s built-in Voice Memos app or any number of other audio recording apps available from the App Store. IK Multimedia also provides two free apps designed to work with the iRig MIC Cast: iRig Recorder for basic voice recording and editing and VocaLive which provides a multi-effects processing app for vocalists. iRig MIC Cast is available now and sells for $40.
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?