IK Multimedia ships iRig MIC Cast
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping its iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact microphone for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The iRig MIC Cast is a miniaturized unidirectional microphone designed for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos and more. The accessory connects to an iOS device’s headphone jack and the bumper-friendly design is also compatible with a wide variety of cases. A stereo mini-jack output allows users to connect a set of headphones or speakers for real-time monitoring of recordings and the device also includes a switch to toggle between high and low gain settings to adjust for different sources and recording environments.
The iRig MIC Cast uses a unidirectional condenser capsule mic designed to isolate the intended audio source with a tight pickup pattern to minimize extraneous background noise, promising “crystal clear sound.” A highly portable tabletop stand is included to allow users to position their device in an optimal position for audio recording or FaceTime calls. iRig MIC Cast can be used with any app that supports audio input, including standard phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, and other Voice-over-IP apps; users can make recordings with Apple’s built-in Voice Memos app or any number of other audio recording apps available from the App Store. IK Multimedia also provides two free apps designed to work with the iRig MIC Cast: iRig Recorder for basic voice recording and editing and VocaLive which provides a multi-effects processing app for vocalists. iRig MIC Cast is available now and sells for $40.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015