IK Multimedia ships iRig MIC Cast
IK Multimedia has announced that it is now shipping its iRig MIC Cast ultra-compact microphone for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The iRig MIC Cast is a miniaturized unidirectional microphone designed for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos and more. The accessory connects to an iOS device’s headphone jack and the bumper-friendly design is also compatible with a wide variety of cases. A stereo mini-jack output allows users to connect a set of headphones or speakers for real-time monitoring of recordings and the device also includes a switch to toggle between high and low gain settings to adjust for different sources and recording environments.
The iRig MIC Cast uses a unidirectional condenser capsule mic designed to isolate the intended audio source with a tight pickup pattern to minimize extraneous background noise, promising “crystal clear sound.” A highly portable tabletop stand is included to allow users to position their device in an optimal position for audio recording or FaceTime calls. iRig MIC Cast can be used with any app that supports audio input, including standard phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, and other Voice-over-IP apps; users can make recordings with Apple’s built-in Voice Memos app or any number of other audio recording apps available from the App Store. IK Multimedia also provides two free apps designed to work with the iRig MIC Cast: iRig Recorder for basic voice recording and editing and VocaLive which provides a multi-effects processing app for vocalists. iRig MIC Cast is available now and sells for $40.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?