iKeychain for iPod shuffle announced | iLounge News

iKeychain for iPod shuffle announced

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 14, 2005
News Categories: iPod shuffle

imageThe iKeychain is a new machined aluminum iPod shuffle case that doubles as a keychain. The case is available in black, blue, gold, red, and polished aluminum for $29.95. Pure silver and gold plated versions are also available for $99.95.

“To test the strength of the iKeychain, we ran over it with a car five times and the case remained in tact,” says the manufacturer. “This durability can come in handy when using your shuffle while skateboarding, rollerblading, mountain biking, snowboarding, snowskiing, bungee jumping, skydiving…you get the picture.” [via TUAW]

« Matias USB 2.0 keyboard doubles as iPod shuffle dock

Mix: Mass market, AAPL, Podcasting, Sony players »

Comments

Or when running over it with cars.  I like it.  It’s one of those things that makes sense.  Mad props to…  Umm…  Who makes it?

Posted by Dan on July 14, 2005 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

Um…..isn’t this just a knock off of the Exopod that was featured several months ago on this site? Its pretty lame and I’m surprised that iLounge would feature such an obvious rip off of an existing product.

Still, I guess it would go well with the Luxpro Super Tangent.

Add a fake Rolex and you’d truly be pimpin’

Posted by agentparas on July 14, 2005 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

Yeah, well [Griffin] blew it by not having it ready when they said it’d be.

There are quite a few companies now offering the aluminum style case. I think they’re missing the mark by pricing it at $29.99. It should only be $19.99 IMO.

Posted by Kloan in Toronto, ON on July 14, 2005 at 5:27 PM (PDT)

Why do people keep saying these cases are knock-offs? All shuffle skins are knock offs of each other, and all metal shuffle cases are knock offs of each other, if you want to see it that way. There’s only so much difference that can exist in such a basic product. You might just as well say that the XtremeMac Shieldz are plastic copies of the Exopod.

Posted by Magic Rabbits on July 15, 2005 at 2:49 AM (PDT)

Pretty clever and utilitarian if you ask me. Horatio Greenough would have loved it!

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on July 15, 2005 at 11:42 AM (PDT)

This thing is great,I got one off of ebay a few months ago, its easy to open, I have seen some that require tools, it is very solid and it just looks cool, everyone asks about it.
I broke my first shuffle in my backpack, thats why I was looking for something durable and $29 is cheaper then my 2nd shuffle.

Posted by sMac on July 15, 2005 at 10:28 PM (PDT)