iLive debuts new iPod sound bar system | iLounge News

iLive debuts new iPod sound bar system

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, January 28, 2008
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

iLive has introduced its new iT188B sound bar-style speaker system for iPod. The iT188B features a remote-controlled, motorized iPod Dock, dual built-in subwoofers, auxiliary input, dual A/V inputs, video output, an AM/FM Radio, a built-in clock, and a full-function remote with iPod controls. “We worked very hard to bring the very best quality sound and functionality with this product,” said Bill Fetter, CEO of DPI, Inc. The iLive iT188B will be available in April for $100 at major retailers including Wal-Mart, Sears, and Target.

« iPod classic 1.1 line out voltage bug reported

iPhone 1.1.3 update causing SMS troubles? »

Comments

Looking at the iT188b sound bar system. I do not have an Ipod, but another brand MP3 player. Will this work? I have listened to sound quality of the sound bar, and its amazing!! PLEASE say I can use any MP3 player with it.

Posted by ken nungesser on April 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM (PDT)

Yes, you can.

Posted by NERULL on May 22, 2008 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

Can this sound bar system also be used as speakers for a TV ?

Posted by Bert on October 19, 2008 at 7:06 AM (PDT)

Can I use this system with my desktop computer? If I can,how can Ido it? Which cables should I use? Thank you very much.

Posted by oscar diaz on December 16, 2008 at 6:24 PM (PDT)

Oscar, I just got this for xmas and havent opened it yet but on the box it shows the speaker hooked up to a computer, so my guess is yes.  Will let you know if it does not.

Posted by Moose on December 26, 2008 at 11:08 AM (PDT)

You can use the sound bar with any device that you can connect with those red and white connectors that are found on many electronic devices. It also has a video out capability that you can use to hook up your iPod to your TV. The sound quality’s great, but the remote navagation for the iPod Touch is sketchy (e.g. it won’t skip to next song, change playlist, or navagate chapters.) but works on occasion. Overall, tough, it works quite well, and I’m pleased with it.

Posted by That person on January 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Can i use my iphone 3g on the ilive and what is the speakers output wattage on it?

Posted by DAMIAN on April 3, 2009 at 4:39 AM (PDT)

HELP How do I use with my tv i dont know hot to hook it up…................

Posted by marc on August 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM (PDT)

why do i only get sound from my left speaker on my sound bar?

Posted by joseph moffitt on September 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

how i hook it up to my tv only get sound out left side speaker

Posted by LARRY GRINDLE on December 20, 2009 at 5:55 PM (PDT)

I have owned two of these… the first gave out at day 75… BTW DPI offers a 90 day warranty… DPI was impossible to work with to get a replacement, the retailer was nice enough to just exchange…. Second one gave out two months later…. no warranty… Nicest looking, best functionality piece of crap I have ever owned….

Posted by Al on March 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM (PDT)

I have one of these and it works well, but recently I purchased the ipod touch 3rd generation. It will play music through the speakers, but it keeps telling me that the device is not compatible and will not charge. Is there something I need to get to make it charge? Any suggestions?

Posted by Scott on March 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM (PDT)

what is the best IPod to use with this system?

Posted by bill wyant on April 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM (PDT)

I have the ILive 3.1 Channel sound bar and experienced an electrical short or fire in the sound bar.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem with this system?

Posted by larry bricmont on May 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

How do I make the 3.1 sound bar work for everything that comes through my tv.  (i.e. dvr/vcr, gaming systems, etc.)  thnnk you

Posted by Trent Brownlee on June 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

in my setup manual it says i need to download an app in order for me to play my ipod. what is it and do i really need it? i have everything set up how come its not working

Posted by zach on June 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM (PDT)