iLounge 2004 Buyers’ Guide & Contests
Thanks to Ultimate Ears for sponsoring these contests.
A major announcement. Two big contests. Three huge prizes.
You love free stuff. iLounge loves free stuff. So just in time for the holidays, we’re going to give you something new and cool for your iPod - a gift that keeps on giving.
The editors of iLounge have created the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, a completely free way for you to tell your family and friends which iPod and iPod accessories you want for the holidays. It will be published on November 1, 2004 in easy-to-read, easy-to-print PDF format, featuring product reviews and ordering links to the best iPod products available, the debut of iLounge’s exclusive Report Card (a letter grade guide to the hundreds of iPod accessories we’ve tested), and a list of the winners of two iLounge contests.
That’s where you come in.
Submit the winning front cover image for the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004 and you’ll win a $900 set of outstanding Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro earphones, custom fit to your ears and in your choice of colors, courtesy of Ultimate Ears. One runner up will win a $550 set of custom-fit Ultimate Ears UE-5C earphones.
The rules are simple. You must create a 7” (wide) x 10” (tall), high-resolution (300DPI) color or black and white image without text overlays, and without the iLounge name or logo. It can be a photograph, work of graphic art, three-dimensional rendering, or whatever you choose - so long as it’s your entirely original work. Leave the text part to us. You may include an extra 3/8” on all sides, but this is not required. Include your name, e-mail address, city, and state with your entry. We will pick our favorite image and a runner up from all entries submitted. For a sense of what may qualify as a winner, search for winners of iLounge’s previous photo and art contests. Use good taste, and if you’re in doubt, skew conservative. Maximum four entries per person, total. Our favorite entries will appear in a special Cover Contest Gallery section of the Buyers’ Guide.
How to enter: Click here to email us aJPEG version (500kb max.) of your cover art
+ your name, city and state. By submitting your entry, you agree to provide iLounge with a full-sized, high-resolution version of your entry immediately upon iLounge’s request.
If you’re not artistically or photographically inclined, you can enter the Rhyme Gallery contest for a shot at a pair of custom-fit Ultimate Ears UE-5Cs ($550). Again, the rules are simple: submit a rhyme about the iPod, 100 words maximum, and we will choose our favorite as the prize winner. No profane or offensive language is permitted. We will publish all of our rhyme entries in the Rhyme Gallery section of the Buyers’ Guide, so you must include your name. One entry per person, so make your first entry count.
How to enter: Click here to submit a rhyme + your name.
Best of luck! Winners will be announced exclusively in the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, coming November 1, 2004 to iLounge. Entries must be received by 11:59pm PT, October 26, 2004.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The iLounge 2004 Buyers’ Guide Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entry is October 26 at 11:59pm PT.
- All submissions become the property (intellectual and otherwise) of iLounge.
- One entry per person for the Rhyme contest. Three entries per person for the Cover contest. Non-valid email addresses, duplicate or similar IP addresses, or duplicate or similar names will automatically void entry.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- All information submitted becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and identify the winners.
- The prize consists of (1) set of Ultimate Ears UE10 Pro earphones valued at $900 and (2) sets of Ultimate Ears UE5c earphones valued at $550.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced in the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other related rights you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- China Mobile opens iPhone preorders on Dec. 12
- Apple, others call for govt. surveillance reform
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store