iLounge 2004 Buyers’ Guide & Contests
Thanks to Ultimate Ears for sponsoring these contests.
A major announcement. Two big contests. Three huge prizes.
You love free stuff. iLounge loves free stuff. So just in time for the holidays, we’re going to give you something new and cool for your iPod - a gift that keeps on giving.
The editors of iLounge have created the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, a completely free way for you to tell your family and friends which iPod and iPod accessories you want for the holidays. It will be published on November 1, 2004 in easy-to-read, easy-to-print PDF format, featuring product reviews and ordering links to the best iPod products available, the debut of iLounge’s exclusive Report Card (a letter grade guide to the hundreds of iPod accessories we’ve tested), and a list of the winners of two iLounge contests.
That’s where you come in.
Submit the winning front cover image for the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004 and you’ll win a $900 set of outstanding Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro earphones, custom fit to your ears and in your choice of colors, courtesy of Ultimate Ears. One runner up will win a $550 set of custom-fit Ultimate Ears UE-5C earphones.
The rules are simple. You must create a 7” (wide) x 10” (tall), high-resolution (300DPI) color or black and white image without text overlays, and without the iLounge name or logo. It can be a photograph, work of graphic art, three-dimensional rendering, or whatever you choose - so long as it’s your entirely original work. Leave the text part to us. You may include an extra 3/8” on all sides, but this is not required. Include your name, e-mail address, city, and state with your entry. We will pick our favorite image and a runner up from all entries submitted. For a sense of what may qualify as a winner, search for winners of iLounge’s previous photo and art contests. Use good taste, and if you’re in doubt, skew conservative. Maximum four entries per person, total. Our favorite entries will appear in a special Cover Contest Gallery section of the Buyers’ Guide.
How to enter: Click here to email us aJPEG version (500kb max.) of your cover art
+ your name, city and state. By submitting your entry, you agree to provide iLounge with a full-sized, high-resolution version of your entry immediately upon iLounge’s request.
If you’re not artistically or photographically inclined, you can enter the Rhyme Gallery contest for a shot at a pair of custom-fit Ultimate Ears UE-5Cs ($550). Again, the rules are simple: submit a rhyme about the iPod, 100 words maximum, and we will choose our favorite as the prize winner. No profane or offensive language is permitted. We will publish all of our rhyme entries in the Rhyme Gallery section of the Buyers’ Guide, so you must include your name. One entry per person, so make your first entry count.
How to enter: Click here to submit a rhyme + your name.
Best of luck! Winners will be announced exclusively in the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004, coming November 1, 2004 to iLounge. Entries must be received by 11:59pm PT, October 26, 2004.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The iLounge 2004 Buyers’ Guide Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entry is October 26 at 11:59pm PT.
- All submissions become the property (intellectual and otherwise) of iLounge.
- One entry per person for the Rhyme contest. Three entries per person for the Cover contest. Non-valid email addresses, duplicate or similar IP addresses, or duplicate or similar names will automatically void entry.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- All information submitted becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and identify the winners.
- The prize consists of (1) set of Ultimate Ears UE10 Pro earphones valued at $900 and (2) sets of Ultimate Ears UE5c earphones valued at $550.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced in the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other related rights you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac