iLounge adds staff, new features
IRVINE, CA (November 15, 2004) - iLounge (http://www.ilounge.com), the world’s leading independent provider of information on Apple Computer’s iPod digital audio players, today announced three expansions of its editorial staff designed to further strengthen its leadership of the iPod information marketplace. Electronic entertainment and iPod aficionado Jeremy Horwitz has been promoted to Editor-in-Chief of iLounge and the iLounge Buyers’ Guide, while independent Apple news specialist Larry Angell will helm iLounge’s breaking news section, and iPod book author Hadley Stern will pen a recurring questions and answers column called Ask iLounge.
“iLounge’s continued strength is directly attributable to its people,” said Dennis Lloyd, Publisher and Founder of iLounge. “We have the world’s most knowledgeable resources on iPods and iPod accessories under one editorial roof - terrific, smart people who have dedicated themselves to helping an ever-expanding iPod community.”
As Editor-in-Chief of iLounge, Jeremy Horwitz is responsible for overseeing editorial content for iLounge, the iLounge Buyers’ Guide, and iLounge’s new “Podcasts,” downloadable audio broadcasts of iLounge content. A cum laude graduate of Cornell Law School with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science (honors), Mr. Horwitz has joined iLounge on a full-time basis to expand its editorial presence and offerings, having previously practiced intellectual property law and contributed to a wide variety of popular magazines and books. His work has appeared in publications including The New York Times, Electronic Gaming Monthly, and Edge (U.K.), as well as his popular book Law School Insider and one of the earliest books about the Internet, Internet After Hours (A. Eddy, Prima Publishing).
As News Editor, Larry Angell will provide the iLounge.com web site with up-to-the-minute news updates and original, in-depth news reports. Mr. Angell also serves as Editor-in-Chief of MacMinute.com, a leading independent news resource covering Apple Computer, its products, and related affairs. A long-time Macintosh user, iPod enthusiast, and digital music mixer, Mr. Angell previously worked in the mobile electronics industry alongside world champion car audio professionals.
Hadley Stern will contribute an ongoing iLounge column called Ask iLounge to answer the numerous inquiries iLounge receives from its readers. Mr. Stern’s newly published book, iPod and iTunes Hacks (O’Reilly Media) features 100 industrial strength tips to help iPod and iTunes users get the most from their favorite digital music hardware and software, including original tips found no where else. A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, he is also the Editor of Apple Matters.com, a popular editorial site covering topics of interest to the Apple community from a serious yet irreverent perspective, writes for American Photo Magazine, and has contributed to the books Digital Photography Hacks and Panther Hacks.
Since the very beginning of Apple’s iPod revolution, iLounge has been the leading independent provider of information on iPod digital audio players, accessories, and related software. Established online only days after the October 23, 2001 debut of the iPod, the iLounge.com web site has grown dramatically, hosting daily news updates, independent product reviews and editorial content, incredible discussion forums and photo galleries, software downloads and self-help pages. The iLounge Buyers’ Guide is a downloadable magazine-style version of the iLounge web site, available at ilounge.com/buyersguide/. Based in Irvine, California and published at http://www.ilounge.com, iLounge is the largest independent source of iPod information in the world, and is not affiliated with Apple Computer or the manufacturers of iPod-related products.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today