iLounge adds staff, new features
IRVINE, CA (November 15, 2004) - iLounge (http://www.ilounge.com), the world’s leading independent provider of information on Apple Computer’s iPod digital audio players, today announced three expansions of its editorial staff designed to further strengthen its leadership of the iPod information marketplace. Electronic entertainment and iPod aficionado Jeremy Horwitz has been promoted to Editor-in-Chief of iLounge and the iLounge Buyers’ Guide, while independent Apple news specialist Larry Angell will helm iLounge’s breaking news section, and iPod book author Hadley Stern will pen a recurring questions and answers column called Ask iLounge.
“iLounge’s continued strength is directly attributable to its people,” said Dennis Lloyd, Publisher and Founder of iLounge. “We have the world’s most knowledgeable resources on iPods and iPod accessories under one editorial roof - terrific, smart people who have dedicated themselves to helping an ever-expanding iPod community.”
As Editor-in-Chief of iLounge, Jeremy Horwitz is responsible for overseeing editorial content for iLounge, the iLounge Buyers’ Guide, and iLounge’s new “Podcasts,” downloadable audio broadcasts of iLounge content. A cum laude graduate of Cornell Law School with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science (honors), Mr. Horwitz has joined iLounge on a full-time basis to expand its editorial presence and offerings, having previously practiced intellectual property law and contributed to a wide variety of popular magazines and books. His work has appeared in publications including The New York Times, Electronic Gaming Monthly, and Edge (U.K.), as well as his popular book Law School Insider and one of the earliest books about the Internet, Internet After Hours (A. Eddy, Prima Publishing).
As News Editor, Larry Angell will provide the iLounge.com web site with up-to-the-minute news updates and original, in-depth news reports. Mr. Angell also serves as Editor-in-Chief of MacMinute.com, a leading independent news resource covering Apple Computer, its products, and related affairs. A long-time Macintosh user, iPod enthusiast, and digital music mixer, Mr. Angell previously worked in the mobile electronics industry alongside world champion car audio professionals.
Hadley Stern will contribute an ongoing iLounge column called Ask iLounge to answer the numerous inquiries iLounge receives from its readers. Mr. Stern’s newly published book, iPod and iTunes Hacks (O’Reilly Media) features 100 industrial strength tips to help iPod and iTunes users get the most from their favorite digital music hardware and software, including original tips found no where else. A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, he is also the Editor of Apple Matters.com, a popular editorial site covering topics of interest to the Apple community from a serious yet irreverent perspective, writes for American Photo Magazine, and has contributed to the books Digital Photography Hacks and Panther Hacks.
Since the very beginning of Apple’s iPod revolution, iLounge has been the leading independent provider of information on iPod digital audio players, accessories, and related software. Established online only days after the October 23, 2001 debut of the iPod, the iLounge.com web site has grown dramatically, hosting daily news updates, independent product reviews and editorial content, incredible discussion forums and photo galleries, software downloads and self-help pages. The iLounge Buyers’ Guide is a downloadable magazine-style version of the iLounge web site, available at ilounge.com/buyersguide/. Based in Irvine, California and published at http://www.ilounge.com, iLounge is the largest independent source of iPod information in the world, and is not affiliated with Apple Computer or the manufacturers of iPod-related products.
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!