iLounge announces Best of the Year Award winners
iLounge has announced its Best of the Year Awards across 16 categories, found in our 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide. This year’s multiple Award winners included:
• Logitech, winner of Keyboard of the Year and Accessory of the Year Awards for the Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard, Headphone of the Year Award for UE 900, and Accessory Maker of the Year Award (Editors’ Choice).
• SwitchEasy, winner of the iPhone Case of the Year Award for Numbers (iPhone 5/5c/5s) and tied winner for iPad Case of the Year Award, Canvas for iPad mini.
• Gameloft, winner of Game of the Year Award for Asphalt 8: Airborne and iOS Game Developer of the Year (Editors’ Choice).
• Google, winner of iOS App of the Year Award for Google Maps, and iOS App Developer of the Year Award.
Apple, G-Project, Incipio, Orbotix, Originator, SuperTooth, and ZeroChroma also received Best of the Year Awards in individual categories ranging from Car Accessory to Innovation, iPod Case to Kids’ App, and Speaker of the Year. Thousands of readers cast votes in iLounge’s Readers’ Choice Awards, praising Belkin, Google, and Rovio for their accessories, apps, and games, respectively. Download the 2014 iPad/iPhone/iPod Buyers’ Guide here for all of the details.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Invoxia adds Amazon Alexa to Triby
- Apple provides more details on new Apple Music API
- Apple Music for Android adds music videos, Family Plan support
- Icahn pulls out of Apple over China concerns
- Apple launches CareKit, with four apps debuting today
- Alleged schematics for iPhone 7 ‘Pro’ show up in Japanese magazine
- Nintendo bringing Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing to iOS
- FBI will not disclose San Bernardino iPhone hack
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q2 results: $50.6B revenue, 51M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)