iLounge announces first 2005 Buyers’ Guide, 2 New Contests
You loved it last year. Now get ready for more free love from the editors of iLounge.
Last November, we released the iLounge Buyers’ Guide 2004 - the world’s first magazine-style guide to iPods and iPod accessories. Completely free to all our readers, the digital PDF-format Guide was a huge success, with more than 300,000 direct downloads from our site, and untold thousands more through peer-to-peer and other transfer methods. The Guide achieved worldwide fame for its impartial, independent content, and was even reprinted in South Asia (with permission) by Apple Computer as a tool to educate local iPod resellers.
Now iLounge is proud to officially announce the release date of our newest Buyers’ Guide: March 28, 2005. With dramatically enhanced content and a fully updated guide to iPods and iPod accessories, our new Guide is sure to be even more exciting than the last one.
To kick off our countdown to the new Guide, we have two new contests for you, our readers: the New Buyers’ Guide Cover Contest and The 100-Word iPod Story Contest. Like last time, one is an art contest, one is a writing contest, and both have even more cool prizes than before.
Contests are now closed for judging. Winners will be announced in the 2005 Buyers’ Guide on March 28, 2005. Thank you to everyone who participated.
New Buyers’ Guide Cover Contest - CLOSED
Submit the winning front cover image for the iLounge 2005 Buyers’ Guide and you’ll win two awesome prizes: a pair of Shure E5c deluxe earphones (value: $499.99), courtesy of Earphonesolutions.com, and a TEN Technology naviPlay Bluetooth portable wireless transmitter/receiver set (value: $199.95), courtesy of TEN. A second place winner will win a free one-year subscription to Audible (value: $263.40), courtesy of Audible, and a new TEN Technology naviPro EX remote control system (value: $49.95), courtesy of TEN.
(If you haven’t submitted your cover contest entry yet for the 2005 Buyers’ Guide, and are still looking for inspiration, here are a couple of links that might interest you. Universal Everything The Designers Republic We’re big fans. Prior to the 3D>2D book by TDR, those guys were virtual design gods. See their site’s old photos of Powergen and the Wipeout games, amongst others. Universal Everything includes 75% of the better concepts from the best days of TDR. Transition Studios and the Freeform Sound Toy on the UE site are particularly cool.)
Again, the rules are simple. You must create a 7” (wide) x 10” (tall), high-resolution (300DPI) color or black and white image without text overlays, and without the iLounge name or logo. It can be a photograph, work of graphic art, three-dimensional rendering, or whatever you choose - so long as it’s your entirely original work. Leave the text part to us. You may include an extra 3/8” on all sides, but this is not required. Include your name, e-mail address, city, and state with your entry. We will pick our favorite image and a runner up from all entries submitted. For a sense of what may qualify as a winner, search for winners of iLounge’s previous photo and art contests, as well as last year’s Buyers’ Guide. Use good taste, and if you’re in doubt, skew conservative. Maximum four entries per person, total. Our favorite entries will appear in a special Cover Contest Gallery section of the Buyers’ Guide. In fairness to our other readers, previous winner (and iLounge favorite) Mark Kempken is not eligible for this Buyers’ Guide contest.
The 100-Word iPod Story Contest - CLOSED
If you’re not artistically or photographically inclined, you can enter our writing contest instead: the 100-Word iPod Story Contest. Again, the rules are simple: submit a real story about how the iPod made a difference in your life. You have a maximum of 100 words for your story, and we will choose our favorite two as the grand prize and second prize winners. No profane or offensive language is permitted. Stories will be judged on grammar, spelling, and punctuation - be careful. We will publish the best entries in the iPod Story section of the Buyers’ Guide, so you must include your name, city, and state/province of residence with your entry. One entry per person, so make your first entry count.
This contest’s grand prize winner will receive a pair of Shure E5c deluxe earphones (value: $499.99), courtesy of Earphonesolutions.com, and a Griffin Technology radioSHARK radio recording system (value: $69.99), courtesy of Griffin. One second place winner will win a free one-year subscription to Audible (value: $263.40), courtesy of Audible, and a new Griffin Technology AirClick remote control system ($39.99), courtesy of Griffin. The AirClick winner will be one of the first in the world to own his or her own AirClick!
Best of luck! Winners will be announced exclusively in the first 2005 iLounge Buyers’ Guide, coming March 28, 2005 to iLounge. Entries must be received by 11:59pm PT, March 15, 2005.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The 2005 iLounge Buyers’ Guide Contests will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entry is March 15, 2005 at 11:59pm PT.
- Prizes are solely as specified above; no substitutions are permitted.
- All submissions become the property (intellectual and otherwise) of iLounge.
- One entry per person for the Story contest. Four entries per person for the Cover contest. Non-valid email addresses, duplicate or similar IP addresses, or duplicate or similar names will automatically void entry.
- These giveaways are open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, and causes beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this giveaway at any given time without notice.
- All information submitted becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and identify the winners.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced in the new 2005 iLounge Buyers’ Guide.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturer or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other related rights you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0