iLounge Announces Free Music, Three Guides
Irvine, CA - December 14, 2004—iLounge (http://www.ilounge.com), the world’s leading independent resource of information about Apple Computer’s iPod portable digital music players, today announced further expansions of its editorial coverage to appeal to an even broader audience. “With millions of new iPod owners joining the global iPod community this holiday season,” said Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge, “we wanted to offer our current and future readers an unbeatable set of gifts: free music, and even more of our acclaimed free information.”
To that end, iLounge has today launched iLounge Free Music, a section of its website that helps readers find free, legal downloads of iPod-compatible music. “Our Free Music section supplements paid music downloading services,” continued Lloyd. “We help every new iPod owner easily start their own digital music collection, and provide great tutorials on how to build and manage that collection.” iLounge Free Music links to some of the best free music hunting sites on the web, currently including 3Hive, *Sixeyes, gabba/POD, Quiet FM’s Jazz & Conversation, Stylus Magazine’s Stypod, and The Big Ticket.
iLounge has also announced an enhanced publishing schedule for its wildly popular Buyers’ Guide digital magazine, which reached more than 200,000 readers in its first month and a half of distribution. “From new iPod users to members of the trade and media, the response we received to our 2004 Buyers’ Guide was absolutely incredible,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge and the Buyers’ Guide. “By avoiding the pitfalls of the print magazine business, we’ve already reached considerably more readers than any comparable publication - print or online - and our readers want more.” To satisfy reader demands, iLounge will publish three Buyers’ Guides in 2005 targeted at key purchasing seasons and the holidays, and plans further editorial expansion announcements for the near future.
“Since 2001, we have undertaken a unique commitment,” said Dennis Lloyd, “to offer current and prospective iPod owners a truly independent, consumer-focused source of objective information about both iPods and iPod accessories. We have grown to meet the needs of more than a million readers across the globe every month, and look forward to helping steer them towards the best possible iPod experiences.”
Since the very beginning of Apple’s iPod revolution, iLounge has been the leading independent provider of information on iPod digital audio players, accessories, and related software. Established online only days after the October 23, 2001 debut of the iPod, the iLounge.com web site hosts daily news updates, independent product reviews and editorial content, incredible discussion forums and photo galleries, software downloads and self-help pages, and reached an estimated 1.7 million readers in November, 2004. Named one of Time Magazine’s 50 top web sites in 2004, iLounge is located in Irvine, California and is not affiliated with Apple Computer or the manufacturers of any iPod accessories. The iLounge Buyers’ Guide is a downloadable digital magazine edition of the iLounge web site, available for free at ilounge.com/buyersguide/.
Dennis Lloyd: dennisl (at) ilounge.com
Publisher, iLounge and the Buyers’ Guide
Jeremy Horwitz: jeremy (at) ilounge.com
Editor-in-Chief, iLounge and the Buyers’ Guide
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?