iLounge asks: How were your holidays? | iLounge News

iLounge asks: How were your holidays?

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, December 26, 2007
News Categories: Site News

With the gift-giving holidays over and the New Year fast approaching, iLounge’s editors want to know: how did December treat you? Did you just join the ranks of the iPod or iPhone nation? Get some great new goodies? Tell us your story in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!

« Apple patent points to automatic volume control for iPod

iSkin rolls out eVo3 case for iPod classic »

Comments

Pretty good Christmas for me.  Didn’t get any iPods or iPhones, didn’t want any of what they offered this year.  I’m waiting for the better iTouch.  I did get Rock Band for PS3 as well as numerous giftcards and some moolah.

Posted by Matthew on December 26, 2007 at 7:30 AM (PDT)

I got seasons 8 and 9 of Seinfeld (just in time for Festivus), along with season 10 of The Simpsons.  I finally got around to installing Leopard on my daughter’s MacBook.  There were snacks and goodies aplenty.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on December 26, 2007 at 7:31 AM (PDT)

Got a blue fleece Nautica brand bath robe.  Yeah, I know, not a tech gift, but I did need a new one.  Since I already have all of the techie things people want (MacBook Pro, iPhone, Leopard, etc.), I thank the wife for being practical.

I gave out two iPod shuffles to the 8 and 9 year old nieces and a Pair of Nike shoes with the iPod Nike+ system.

Posted by Jared Gibbs on December 26, 2007 at 8:27 AM (PDT)

December sucked. i had my car window smashed, my stereo and jacket stolen. the jacket just happened to have my iPod and iPhone in it. then two weeks later i had my debit card number stolen from a compromised website. the thief went on a plane ticket spending spree and cleaned out my bank account. still trying to resolve that. couldn’t buy presents for anyone this year because of all that.

Santa, you are so ****ing fired.

Posted by Toxic Boy on December 26, 2007 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

My children (actual and “inner”) received GHIII and Rockband for PS3.  More importantly, my wife surprised me with an iPhone!!!  Great Xmas!!!

Posted by Kdogg on December 26, 2007 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

I finally got the iPhone I’ve been dying to get!  Also got Leopard installed on my iMac.  Now I’m thinking about using a Best Buy giftcard toward the purchase of iLife ‘08. It has certainly been an Apple filled holiday season!

Posted by mrcourt123 on December 26, 2007 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

I got a brand new Macbook 2.2 Ghz with a bluetooth mighty mouse, an incase nylon case, a new printer, and microsoft office 2004.  This was the best christmas of my entire life, i have ALWAYS wanted a mac coming from a windows family and now my parents finally broke down and bought me one.  I must say that leopard is amazing and the system itself is wonderful.  I am in complete love with it.

Posted by joeylang on December 26, 2007 at 10:05 AM (PDT)

I got rock band for PS3, and it is awesome. We got my dad an iPod nano, and he loves it. It is amazing how a slick piece of technology can make a non-techie person, my dad, want to learn how to use the iPod and iTunes.

Posted by federalreserve on December 26, 2007 at 10:16 AM (PDT)

YES! I am finally a member of iPhone nation. It’s cooler than I even expected. My sister got an iPod Classic and my niece got a 3G nano, meaning my nephew gets her old shuffle. I am still on my 5G iPod and plan to get a 160 GB classic in a couple months (desperately due). Merry Christmas everyone!

Posted by urbanslaughter on December 26, 2007 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

Oh, I forgot one early Christmas present - an iLounge office in my state.

Posted by urbanslaughter on December 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM (PDT)

No new tech toys, but my Dad got home OK from his operation and that’s plenty for me.

Posted by otaku on December 26, 2007 at 11:09 AM (PDT)

I only got a few presents this year but my two favorite ones:
1. Being able to come home for Christmas after spending a week in the hospital (appendicitis sucks!)
2. A combo espresso/coffee maker

I can finally be able to enjoy coffee/espresso drinks on my way to school.

Posted by Nobody on December 26, 2007 at 11:44 AM (PDT)

I’m amazed at how many iLoungers have been getting RockBand. Is this a big deal crossover product for iPod fans? Lots of iPhones, too.

Urbanslaughter: It’s an early present to us, too. grin

Otaku: Glad to hear that!

ToxicBoy: Sorry to hear that. Have you tried to find out where the iPhone wound up?

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on December 26, 2007 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

Our family got the best present we could get. A relative who had been in the hospital since the end of November was discharged on Christmas Eve. Best present ever.

On the material side, thanks to iLounge’s head up about the Amazon price of the Logitech PureFi Elite, I found one under my tree. Thanks, Santa.

Posted by Aceon6 in New England, USA on December 26, 2007 at 12:25 PM (PDT)

No iPod goodness, though I’m thinking of spending some Christmas Bonus on either a nano or some Oakleys.

Highest tech item I got: Digital SLR camera.

Lowest tech item I got: Superman pajamas

Posted by alexarch on December 26, 2007 at 1:04 PM (PDT)

Got my niece a 8gb nano. She was soo happy. I got myself Q-JAYS headphones.

Posted by GUTIERREZ on December 26, 2007 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

iPod goodness for me! I received an iPod nano (8GB, latest version). I spent a few hours with it, loading music, looking at podcasts, and in general being in a state of “wow.” Happy holidays everyone!

Posted by rickumali in Arlington, MA, USA on December 26, 2007 at 1:13 PM (PDT)

Pretty good, got the iphone, but when i found out that i could not use it with my vista ultimate 64 bit operating system i got pretty mad, when is apple going to fix that problem?

Posted by Ride04 on December 26, 2007 at 1:42 PM (PDT)

well i got a bunch of cash and best buy giftcards so i bought and iPod Classic. Got it syncing right now smile

Posted by Andrew L. on December 26, 2007 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

I picked up Rock Band for the 360 a month ago as an early Xmas gift. I got a few Blu Ray and HD-DVD movies as well. Lots of clothes.

My 20-month-old son got more crap than the law should reasonably allow, not to mention way too much to fit in our house.

Anybody looking for a great iPod speaker deal should mosey over to Tiger Direct. The Logitech AudioStation can now be had for all of $9.99 (plus shipping) after a $50 mail-in rebate. Works with iPhone and sounds fantastic.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on December 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >