iLounge asks: How were your holidays? | iLounge News

iLounge asks: How were your holidays?

With the gift-giving holidays over and the New Year fast approaching, iLounge’s editors want to know: how did December treat you? Did you just join the ranks of the iPod or iPhone nation? Get some great new goodies? Tell us your story in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!

« Apple patent points to automatic volume control for iPod

iSkin rolls out eVo3 case for iPod classic »

Comments

My wife, mother-in-law and myself recruited my 73 year-old father-in-law into iPod-Land with a silver 8 gig nano for his birthday Christmas Eve. He is listening to Django Rhinehart on it as we speak.

Posted by Michael on December 26, 2007 at 4:58 PM (CST)

I got a toaster. Other than that, I broke my car, my grandmother broke her back, we were told my sister needs a major operation, and we’re swimming in $30,000 credit card debt.
And yet, life continues to go on

Posted by Toleran on December 26, 2007 at 5:40 PM (CST)

If it’s any encouragement Toleran…
My bag was stolen, including my brand-new iPod Classic 160GB, box and receipt and my previous iPod Photo 40GB (not to mention my camera, graphical calculator, and pocket pc). It was at a concert, and I’d taken all the devices (and all my portable iPod connection kit & accessories) out of my pockets to guard from pickpockets. (just to encourage you, security then kicked me out onto the streets without a sweater or coat, and I had to get a train back in the early morning freezing cold).
In the meanwhile my family’s falling apart, which I’d rather not talk about here. Frankly, life’s terrible.
I’ve been living off my laptop’s iTunes feeding me with Something Corporate and Forget December. Among many other songs I listen to when reality gets to me.

Posted by Peter Burkimsher on December 26, 2007 at 5:53 PM (CST)

(oh, and to top it off, I got very few Christmas presents, the most valuable being some USB cells - which I can’t use without the devices). Despite having spent a reasonably large amount on other people. My parents, who I hoped might buy a device, gave me <$100 cash.

Posted by Peter Burkimsher on December 26, 2007 at 5:59 PM (CST)

I gifted myself with a 16 GB iPodTouch, which is really, really nice, but all of this is put aside by a very personal gift from my father, material worth about $ 0.02, but priceless to me.

Posted by Christoph Zapletal on December 26, 2007 at 6:40 PM (CST)

After coming through major heart surgery and a stroke in April, I simply thank God for allowing me to live until Christmas. As part of my recovery process, I plunked down on an iPhone in August and 3 iPods this holiday season. I acquired a black Nano Phatty and an orange Shuffle off eBay and a refurmished green Shuffle from the online Apple Store. I’m not sure why I have all of these iPods (plus a 5G Video and a 1G Shuffle), but I received good deals on them. I also gave pink and blue Shuffles to the couple that has taken me in I as recover. I’ll probably give the green Shuffle away. I’m looking forward to the new year and to MacWorld! This entire message was typed on my iPhone.

Posted by Allan on December 26, 2007 at 8:44 PM (CST)

My sister gave the my youngest sister an iPod nano 3rd generation but the funny thing is that she also got the same thing from her boyfriend. Oh yea, they are the same color too! Black. Although they may have a newer iPod than me (iPod mini 2nd generation) they don’t have a single video and less than 2 gigs of music which is also funny because I have 4 gigs of music and tons of music videos and TV shows. I could have gotten it too but I’ll rather wait to get a 3G iPhone sometime this upcoming 2008.

Posted by Bob on December 26, 2007 at 9:59 PM (CST)

Had a very Merry “Apple” Christmas. Bought my daughter a 3G Nano and MacBook. Got myself a 3G Nano and iPhone…the iPhone is even sweeter than I thought it would be!

Posted by Dre on December 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM (CST)

Also had a very Apple Christmas. Gifts included two iPhones and a Nano. I wonder how many iPhones were given on the 25th??

Posted by Joshdude on December 27, 2007 at 5:47 AM (CST)

it’s a very happy christmas for me coz my wife got me an ipod classic 80 gb in black,my fist to have an ipod and now I’m enjoying it.

Posted by jing on December 27, 2007 at 6:43 AM (CST)

Merry Christmas to iLounge!!!

Bought a new Nano for the wife, she got me the new PSP.  Having fun except the audio is waaaaay off when I convert a DVD to PSP with Winavi PSP converter…weird.  Maybe someone can help!  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Commet on December 27, 2007 at 7:46 AM (CST)

I received an 8GB iTouch - and I’ve previously owned/used a 4G iPod photo 60GB, 8GB iPod nano and the smaller iPod shuffle.  I’ve also owned and used various other MP3 players (Toshiba, iRiver, Creative, and so on).

And I’m not the only familial iPod user - we gifted my younger son with a 4GB iPod nano.

Posted by Christopher Ferino on December 27, 2007 at 8:14 AM (CST)

Had a non-Apple Christmas.  Actually I don’t think any tech items were given or received in my family.  My brother-in-law got a wristwatch- that was about as tech as it got.  All I got were books plus 1 CD, which was fine by me.  I already have an iPhone plus several older model iPods, so didn’t need anything Apple this Xmas.

Posted by Dyvim on December 27, 2007 at 9:11 AM (CST)

great christmas overall.  it was great to see family and visit for awhile.  santa brought the kids a Wii…really cool I must say. my wife received a Plantronics voyager 520 headset for her iPhone, and i received some desperately needed cordless drill batteries. we went on two vacations this year with extended family, so I used my macbook pro/iphoto 08 to make photo books of the trips for them as gifts, which came out great.  other than that, no apple gifts for my family.  i think we have enough right now anyway. i did get some cash which I am planning spend on Leopard when I have a moment to do it. have a great new year!

Posted by franticnomad on December 27, 2007 at 9:55 AM (CST)

I got a Sony Cyber-shot camera and a photo printer…

Which justifies my MacBook purchase in the coming weeks.

Posted by Eric on December 27, 2007 at 11:00 AM (CST)

i am glad i got great gifts!!!
i got a custom colorware black and red and silver(my fave. colors!) iPhone!!!!
i also got a new pair of Shure Ec4 earphones!!!!
and to top it all of i got a new PS3!!!with NBA live 08!!!

merry Christmas!!!!!!

Posted by Roberto Gomez on December 27, 2007 at 12:03 PM (CST)

Leopard, iLife ‘08, money to either upgrade my memory, hard drive, or perhaps buy a large external, Season 5 of Alias, Spider-man 3, and a few other trinkets. No directly iPod related stuff though. Was hoping for an iPod dock, but I’ll survive without it.

The best present though was having my first Christmas with out daughter and sharing it with my parents, brother and his wife. It was a wonderful one.

Posted by studogvetmed in Loveland, CO on December 27, 2007 at 1:02 PM (CST)

Hmmm, I already had the iPhone, parents bought me a Jeep (old one, not new) as a combo bday / hannukah gift back in October, so I bought myself a nice Coach bag as a gift to myself! I look forward to an iPod classic in the new year though…..

Posted by Lauren on December 27, 2007 at 6:12 PM (CST)

Hey Commet, try Handbrake to convert your DVD’s, simple and smooth….Happy Holidays!!!

Posted by Lauren on December 27, 2007 at 6:14 PM (CST)

I got a Sansa e260 MP3 player to replace my dying iPod 5G and so far the Sansa is way better then an iPod! goodbye iPods! (for now)

Posted by Jack Baruzzini on December 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >