iLounge debuts Podcast - recorded via iPod | iLounge News

iLounge debuts Podcast - recorded via iPod

iLounge is proud to announce the immediate availability of our first Podcast, covering topics recently addressed on the iLounge website and iLounge Backstage. This Podcast was recorded on an Apple iPod Photo using Griffin Technology’s iTalk voice recorder.

Host: Jeremy Horwitz
Music: Dennis Lloyd via GarageBand
Format: 27 minutes | 10MB | Download the MP3

Please add our new feed, ilounge.com/podcast.xml, to your PodCast software, and offer comments either in an e-mail to jeremy@ipodlounge.com or in this comments thread. If you don’t have Podcast software yet, grab some at ipodder.sourceforge.net or ipodderx.com (recommended for Mac OS X).

Future Podcasts - if we do them - will be at least two-man shows, with Dennis Lloyd and Jeremy Horwitz both providing commentary. And for those keeping score, this is not the official announcement of the Delta Project we recently referenced on Backstage.

« iPod: Walkman or Betamax of 21st century?

Tune Belt intros iPod mini Armband Carrier »

Comments

This is very cool.  Please keep doing this.

Posted by willij in TX on November 12, 2004 at 6:00 PM (CST)

YES!!!!!!! ive been listening to podcasts from engadget.com   I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THE LOUNGE FOLOWWING!!! :):)

Posted by StinkieDMB in Pittsburgh, PA on November 12, 2004 at 7:51 PM (CST)

the listed software for PC podcasts fails to retrieve any of my podcasts successfully.

i think iTunes 5 should support podcasts!!

Posted by StinkieDMB in Pittsburgh, PA on November 12, 2004 at 8:22 PM (CST)

Stinkie, you wouldn’t happen to be running any newer antivirus on your Windows box, would you? When I was trying to test my podcast, my Win box was puking on podcasts too. I had to go into McAfee and tell it that “doppler.exe” or whatever was allowed port 80 access…

Posted by Luquado in In your mind on November 12, 2004 at 10:31 PM (CST)

I noticed that my software (it’s for the Mac and it’s still in beta) tries to load the file with the address that is given above, but then the URL changes to “http://209.245.59.175/Gimme/95244417/2006511056/44851142/B5DDE7B9-351F-4906-9C40-D6BFF32B87D7/0.559031/3/iPodlounge_Podcast_01.mp3” in Safari. This is confusing my own receiver, since it thinks that the file is located at the address listed above and downloads a zero K file.

Posted by If Then Software in Softwareland on November 13, 2004 at 2:53 PM (CST)

I would like to see video incorporated into these feeds.  I know it is a ‘podcast’ but it would be much better to be able to view the products you are talking about.

Posted by Mijman2 on November 13, 2004 at 5:34 PM (CST)

Mijman2,

i think video podcasts would be nice, but in terms of space and transfer time, theyre totally illogical, unless theyre streaming.

most individuals dont have the equipment or the money to create digital video.

Posted by StinkieDMB in Pittsburgh, PA on November 13, 2004 at 5:47 PM (CST)

Can you please post the specs about exactly what hardware you used to make this recording? I assume you have some sort of external mic plugged into the iTalk - is this really 8-bit?

Thanks.

Posted by charmii on November 14, 2004 at 5:20 PM (CST)

Podcasting is great. We’ve been doing it now for a little over the month and the response has been great. Thanks for helping spread the word of podcasting!

Posted by garybibb in new jersey on November 15, 2004 at 5:53 PM (CST)

Very nice first podcast from ipodlounge.  For an 8-bit recording, it sounded really clear.  I might just have to buy myself an iTalk afterall. ;)

Tips for the future:
- tag the podcast mp3.  Mildly annoying getting any audio file that isn’t tagged well, thus forcing me to add in the ID3 tags.
- Going to Mijman2 and StinkieDMB’s comments, while video is most assuredly out of the question, you could quite easily embed a few images (ala iTunes Album Art) into the mp3 without grossly blowing up the file size.  Pictures of the products you’re reviewing, a shameless ipodlounge logo, police mugshots of yourselves…

Posted by Blur in Toronto, ON on November 15, 2004 at 10:47 PM (CST)

If Then Software:

The iPodlounge podcast URL has a Location header, which redirects to the URL you stated. Just add support for redirecting and it should work fine.

Posted by kainjow on November 23, 2004 at 8:14 PM (CST)

Great idea. And I even started testing how it works and yups its a great future. Please continue with the shows.

Posted by Pieter Danckaert in Brugge, Belgium on November 24, 2004 at 4:23 AM (CST)

I have recently made a podcast client in Flash.  So the client is compatible with Mac, PC, and Linux.

Posted by Jamie R in LSSU on March 20, 2005 at 9:59 PM (CST)

I am new at ipods & itunes. I am trying to learn how to download a podcast (nutrition from university of California)program to podcasts in itunes.
Can you direct me to a"how to” site, or give a reference. Thanks.

Posted by Wes on December 26, 2007 at 9:32 AM (CST)