iLounge launches Mobile Edition | iLounge News

iLounge launches Mobile Edition

We’re proud to announce the launch of iLounge Mobile Edition, a fast-loading, condensed version of the iLounge.com main page created especially for users of portable devices. This page, available at ilounge.com/mobile, provides one-page access to our top 12 News stories, top 10 Reviews, top 6 Articles, top 3 current and past Contests, and top 5 Backstage entries. Each link is simplified for speedy reading without excessive scrolling, including reader comments, and additional Mobile content can be accessed through “More” links at the bottom of each section.

iLounge Mobile Edition will continue to evolve in the days to come. Your suggestions are, of course, welcomed.

« Solio solar charger now available in black

Bill Gates: Microsoft, partners working to combat iPod »

Comments

It is good, but could you add a little color.

Oh and an RSS feed that will work with the PSP?

Posted by Ian Donnelly on February 12, 2006 at 4:23 PM (CST)

I, of course, would be a fan if we had access to the forum section, as well.  I assume that is possible…......

Posted by jwc110869 in Rochester, NY on February 12, 2006 at 4:32 PM (CST)

It’s great that you launch a mobile version of your website.

I tried it on my phone but every time I try to open a link, I get error “The requested page cannot be displayed”

Posted by ssnmx on February 12, 2006 at 5:16 PM (CST)

looks and loads great on my ppc-6700. thanks!

Posted by boister77 on February 12, 2006 at 5:33 PM (CST)

Color - willdo. PSP RSS? Hmm.

Forum - on the way.

Problems loading the page on your device? Check the URL to be sure that it’s correct (also try http://www.ilounge.com/mobile) and if you still have problems, let us know the type of phone you’re using. Thanks.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz on February 12, 2006 at 6:28 PM (CST)

Great Job! Just checked it on my Mobile Phone and it comes up fine.  Wish it could load a little faster but that’s probably more of a problem to do with my phone than the site.

I’m always happy to see how you guys are always moving forward amd making continuous improvements.

Posted by 3rdEye on February 12, 2006 at 6:34 PM (CST)

Posting from my Palm TX now. Works great. Mobile friendly sites are as handy for those of us with wi-fi enabled PDAs as for phone users. Thanks!

Posted by jparris1 on February 12, 2006 at 6:49 PM (CST)

I can’t bring the mobile page up on my nec 500i i-mode telephone, I can get some of the main page tho’, but it’s of course too big.  I get a message saying that the address has been changed and aan error code 301.

Posted by Peter Stockwell on February 13, 2006 at 6:08 AM (CST)

This is awesome - you guys are just so far ahead of some other sites.

Posted by Ben Wright on February 13, 2006 at 5:09 PM (CST)

I’d still rather have the old weekly podcast back, but congratulations anyway!

Posted by Jeff on February 13, 2006 at 5:31 PM (CST)

Sadly, on my Samsung X427 phone I only get one line that says “iLounge Mobile”.  It appears that there are still some bugs to be worked out.

Posted by Alan Somers on February 14, 2006 at 10:20 AM (CST)

For users having problems, try using the URL http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/mobile/ instead of the shorter one provided. Your phone model may not be compatible with the redirect that the shorter URL requires.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on February 14, 2006 at 5:11 PM (CST)