iLounge New iPod Photos | iLounge News

iLounge New iPod Photos

We’ve posted fifty photos of our new iLounge iPod 15GB named ‘loungePod’. There are several photos comparing the original iPod 5GB and iPod 20GB to the new 15GB model. We even have a photo comparing package designs. Enjoy!

Photos

« MacMice Budd Ugly Sale Announced

[Updated] Mac: Earl’s Access 1.0 Released »

Comments

So the question after looking at this is: For approximately the same money, you can get an old 20gb or a 15gb, what’s the better deal?

20gb = Thicker, older, but nicer design and 5gb bigger (that used to be a whole ipod!)

15gb: Thinner, cool and new, ugly round touch sensitive buttons (I see problems coming from these) an 5gb less.

What do you think? Is it worth it?

Posted by Vaporeso in Brooklyn on May 6, 2003 at 6:20 PM (CDT)

If you are fortunate like I am that can go and spend money on the new IPOD, than go get it. I like it. I have the 10 GB for Windows and now have the 30GB in my hand as I type this. I don’t think its a big deal. Life is too short to make a big hoopla over this. As the packaging on the software says “ENJOY”! That my 2 cents. Peace!

Posted by DJ JUST in New Jersey on May 6, 2003 at 6:36 PM (CDT)

I personally like the idea of a docking station, but i really dislike the new button layout. I have a 6 month old WiPOD 10GB, and i love its simple and sleek design.

Posted by stasyna on May 7, 2003 at 12:06 PM (CDT)

thanks for the photos!

the “true” backlight color has me confused however, the apple promo pics show a rich blue (very nice) backlight while the photos posed here (as well as stanley’s) show a pale white color (with a hint of blue)...

to be honest, looking at the comparison of backlights between the new 15gb and the old 5gb, the old 5gb looks “bluer”...

the only thing i miss about my old rio is the blue backlight… ;-)

fui fui fui…

Posted by velhobaiano in brasil on May 7, 2003 at 3:49 PM (CDT)

Dennis,
Your patience at photographing each stage of the box opening astounds me - I’d just rip that sucker open!! What is Xmas like in your house?? :o)

velhobaiano,
The colour of the backlight in the images may be affected by not adjusting the White Balance of the camera the shots were taken with.

Posted by MadPict in UK on May 8, 2003 at 9:45 AM (CDT)

Damn that thing is thin.  I like the red lights on the new buttons, even though I don’t like the new design as much as my current iPod.  Cool stuff though.

Posted by bluecamel in Kansas on May 10, 2003 at 12:48 AM (CDT)

My new 15g iPod arrived yesterday, and I have to tell you it’s COOL.  Thinner, lighter, sleeker.  The line out on the back of the docking station is a very nice feature.

Also a big improvement is the new data plug for the remote on top…my old 10g original design iPod was always having connection problems or rebooting from the remote being plugged in.  I hope the separation of the data solves this problem.

I guess my only initial concern is that I’ll lose all the many and varied pieces of plastic that come with the thing.  Loved that the fire wire cover was attached to the old one.  The cover for the docking station port is not.

But most importantly the joy of having the coolest mp3 player around is back!

Posted by jamez in NYC on May 10, 2003 at 3:23 PM (CDT)

To Vaporeso;

The 20GB old ipod costs $499, while the new 15GB new ipod costs $399.

Do you know how to compare stuff, dummy ?

Posted by anonymous on May 12, 2003 at 10:19 AM (CDT)

to anonymous:

since the new ipods were released, the prices of the old ipods have gone down.

don’t you do research, dummy?

Posted by audioboxer on May 12, 2003 at 8:29 PM (CDT)

Please, don’t honor that with an answer.

Let him go back to listening to his Nomad Zen.

Posted by vaporeso in Brooklyn on May 13, 2003 at 11:35 PM (CDT)

Did that guy just call someone a dummy?  I haven’t heard that word since…well, since at least 3rd grade.

Posted by bluecamel in Kansas on May 13, 2003 at 11:58 PM (CDT)

Nice photos
here you can see some of my new iPod 15GB

Sven

Posted by Sven Janssen in Germany on May 17, 2003 at 4:10 AM (CDT)

i’m planning on buying an iPod, but i cant choose… I can have the old version for 350EURO’s (the 10 gig version) or the new 15 gig version for 500EURO’s….
pls, help me choose!!! email me!

Posted by C//LiMBa in Belgium on May 28, 2003 at 1:32 AM (CDT)

The silouhetted photography was the reason the blue on the backlit is so intense. This is how it should look if used in a dark room.

Posted by Jim Smith on May 28, 2003 at 10:53 AM (CDT)

Posted by Jim Smith on May 28, 2003 at 10:55 AM (CDT)

Posted by Jim Smith on May 28, 2003 at 11:00 AM (CDT)

I’m going to get a 10gig windows ipod right after work and i can’t wait !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Kadhafi on June 6, 2003 at 11:58 AM (CDT)

i have the 30 giger nad I can tell you that under any light, the color of the screen is white.
what is the deal with the blue, it must be the camera’s
Andreas

Posted by Andreas on June 17, 2003 at 10:53 AM (CDT)

Please enter the word you see in the image below: