iLounge receives first third-party iPod shuffle case (updated) | iLounge News

iLounge receives first third-party iPod shuffle case (updated)

pic Marware has provided iLounge with an exclusive first look at the company’s forthcoming new iPod shuffle case. The silicone case, tentatively named “Sport Grip for iPod shuffle,” turns Apple’s new compact music player into a keychain. Marware’s Ed Martin told iLounge that the company is hoping to also include a carabiner and a lanyard with the case. The Sport Grip will be available in a rainbow of colors in either a 3-pack or 5-pack, according to Martin. Pricing was not disclosed.

Click “Read more” for photos of the Sport Grip prototype. And visit iLounge Backstage for a look at a Sport Grip/SportRope combo.

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

« Apple to add Bluetooth to iPods?

Toshiba can’t keep up with iPod shuffle demand »

Comments

Oh niiice. So simple, so clean. I hope they aren’t too expensive. I want one!

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 1:32 PM (CST)

That looks awesome. Might get one of these.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 1:37 PM (CST)

WOW! They look great! I’ll definitely order one.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 2:19 PM (CST)

this is great. of the hundreds of iPod cases out there, i haven’t seen a single one that got me excited. But this one for my shuffle looks fantastic.

It’d be cool to keep one attached to a bag or something, or on a bunch of bags and jackets. so when you go to use that jacket, just slip the shuffle in it and go.

I’m hoping for a $5.99 price point.. (I’m sure we’ll see $9.99)

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 2:39 PM (CST)

Cool I want one!

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 2:42 PM (CST)

It doesn’t add very much scratch protection though. And in the last picture the shuffle doesn’t have the USB cap on. Do you have to take it off when using the case?

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 3:06 PM (CST)

it looks like the usb cap is not used.  the male usb part just goes into the case.

they should sell singles.  i dont know why you would want to by 5.  3 maybe, but not 5.  they should sell singles and packs of 3.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 3:45 PM (CST)

A ‘beaner clip would be awesome.  The shuffle is good for backpacking, but it’s always a bit awkward trying to use it on the trail with it in a pocket.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 4:02 PM (CST)

its the nicest case for shuffles so far.. Hopefully it wont be so expensive. but I prefer a plastic case.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 4:48 PM (CST)

why dont they make one of these for regular ipodS? i’d buy one in a second

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 5:08 PM (CST)

Buy for your regular iPod? Are you joking? You want to put your iPod on your keys?? I would never treat my baby with such disrespect!!!!

Haha, i just keep imagining taking off my keys to start my car, and my iPod hanging from it.

Without the keychain, it’s an iSkin.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 7:20 PM (CST)

eww. they wont sell singles? boooo

i can see a bucket of these at the checkout of the apple store. it’d be great!

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 7:28 PM (CST)

It doesn’t offer any protection to the most important parts of the Shuffle (front and back)???

It will only be sold in packs of 3 and 5???

Not thanks.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 8:29 PM (CST)

I wonder how long it would take for bits of the case, grit, dirt and general crap to get packed into the male USB?

Still, pretty snappy.  Don’t know if I’d hang it, though.  Does it stay in well?

-DB

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 9:01 PM (CST)

It does offer some scratch protection: it keeps the front/rear faces off of any surface you set it on. That’s a LOT better than nothing.

Posted by LC Angell on February 21, 2005 at 11:08 PM (CST)

Yeah, I wish it had more coverage/protection too, but this is fine for me. Packs of 5 is stupid. I’d buy one or a pack of three (if I can choose which three), depending on the price. SO glad someone made this into a keychain.

Posted by LC Angell on February 22, 2005 at 4:27 AM (CST)

i don’t even have a shuffle, but this is a cool idea.  You take your keys everywhere… your ipod goes with you everywhere, so why not rideshare?

Posted by LC Angell on February 22, 2005 at 7:10 AM (CST)

iPodNod, You asked ” The Shuffle doesn’t have the USB cap on. Do you have to take it off when using the case?”

You do not have to take the cap off when using the case.  The Grip wraps around the Shuffle with the cap on.  We wouldn’t think of exposing the male USB to the elements.  In the picture showing the male USB, the cap is left in the Grip,  making it possible to synch the Shuffle without removing it from the case.

Cheers!

Posted by LC Angell on February 22, 2005 at 8:10 AM (CST)

Nothing like a bunch of keys scatching up that pretty iPod shuffle.

I’ll pass.

Posted by LC Angell on February 22, 2005 at 9:26 AM (CST)

Carrie@Marware: Oh right i see, that’s good to know. Thanks.

The case does look very clean and sleek. I might get one of these if the price is good.

Posted by LC Angell on February 22, 2005 at 11:21 AM (CST)