iLounge receives first third-party iPod shuffle case (updated) | iLounge News

iLounge receives first third-party iPod shuffle case (updated)

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, February 21, 2005
News Categories: iPod shuffle

pic Marware has provided iLounge with an exclusive first look at the company’s forthcoming new iPod shuffle case. The silicone case, tentatively named “Sport Grip for iPod shuffle,” turns Apple’s new compact music player into a keychain. Marware’s Ed Martin told iLounge that the company is hoping to also include a carabiner and a lanyard with the case. The Sport Grip will be available in a rainbow of colors in either a 3-pack or 5-pack, according to Martin. Pricing was not disclosed.

Click “Read more” for photos of the Sport Grip prototype. And visit iLounge Backstage for a look at a Sport Grip/SportRope combo.

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

« Apple to add Bluetooth to iPods?

Toshiba can’t keep up with iPod shuffle demand »

Comments

Gordy, The keyring attachment is removable and we’ll also include a carabiner and lanyard option so you won’t be limited.  I checked out the Backstage Sport Grip/SportRope combo. Pretty sweet!  “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups indeed”!

Posted by Carrie@Marware on February 22, 2005 at 9:57 AM (PDT)

Won’t help at the gym though, since there is no belt clip, and no moisture protection over the control pad.  Wonder why someone hasn’t released a protective case with a clip?  For my particular usage, that is the only thing that makes any sense.

Posted by irun5k on February 22, 2005 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

irun5k,

the front of the shuffle has moisture protection.  the back is what you should worry about.  see the shuffle dissection for details.

Posted by zip22 on February 22, 2005 at 11:59 AM (PDT)

I need a belt clip not a keychain!

Posted by JoeyJo in New York on February 22, 2005 at 1:37 PM (PDT)

why a belt clip for the shuffle… its so small and unconventional…why put it on the conventional belt clip?  try something new! “think different”

Posted by apple juice in USA on February 23, 2005 at 5:21 AM (PDT)

Posted by apple juice in USA on February 23, 2005 at 5:22 AM (PDT)

For jogging or for use in the car, I use the SportRope. I have an Alpine deck with rca inputs in the back. I have the rca to headphone cable run from the back of the deck to front and out the change tray. I get in the car, pop the Shuffle from the SportRope and plug it in. When I park, I just pull out the headphone cable and put it back into the USB cover. I am suprised that anyone needs a clip. When I run, I just put it under my shirt. No probs yet. The original lanyard was ruff on the short hairs of the nape! Go SportRope!

Posted by danacondaman on March 4, 2005 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2