iLounge releases the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyer’s Guide
It’s back: the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide is available for download today! Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have given readers a comprehensive look at the growing worlds of Apple products, and our latest edition focuses on the pocket-sized iPod and iPhone families. The 2013 Guide features 208 pages of exhaustive information on the devices — including their histories — in addition to the best new accessories, apps, and games. Winners of our Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice Awards are also featured in the guide. Additional details follow the download links below.
New features in the new Guide include smart advice on the eight current iPhone and iPod models, an updated color comparison chart for every iPhone and iPod model, a look at the initial collection of Lightning accessories, and a new section on the best ways to repurpose your old iPhone or iPod.
There’s also an in-depth comparison between iPhone and iPod cameras, a comparison shopping feature offering assistance on where to buy the devices, top Bluetooth speaker recommendations, and the year’s best 100 games and apps for the iPhone and iPod. Also included are brief sections on the recently announced iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, and what’s new in the world of Macs.
Our 2013 iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers’ Guide is available in a computer- and iPad-friendly wide-screen version, a single-page version suitable for printing, and a small-screen version for viewing on the iPhone or iPod touch. We recommend that iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users download the Guide to their computers, then drag and drop it into iTunes for reading in iBooks. Each version is completely free for iLounge readers, and distributed in PDF format for maximum compatibility across devices. Feel free to share the Guide by telling a friend, or hosting it on your file sharing network of choice. Enjoy!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app