iLounge releases the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyer’s Guide
It’s back: the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide is available for download today! Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have given readers a comprehensive look at the growing worlds of Apple products, and our latest edition focuses on the pocket-sized iPod and iPhone families. The 2013 Guide features 208 pages of exhaustive information on the devices — including their histories — in addition to the best new accessories, apps, and games. Winners of our Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice Awards are also featured in the guide. Additional details follow the download links below.
New features in the new Guide include smart advice on the eight current iPhone and iPod models, an updated color comparison chart for every iPhone and iPod model, a look at the initial collection of Lightning accessories, and a new section on the best ways to repurpose your old iPhone or iPod.
There’s also an in-depth comparison between iPhone and iPod cameras, a comparison shopping feature offering assistance on where to buy the devices, top Bluetooth speaker recommendations, and the year’s best 100 games and apps for the iPhone and iPod. Also included are brief sections on the recently announced iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, and what’s new in the world of Macs.
Our 2013 iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers’ Guide is available in a computer- and iPad-friendly wide-screen version, a single-page version suitable for printing, and a small-screen version for viewing on the iPhone or iPod touch. We recommend that iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users download the Guide to their computers, then drag and drop it into iTunes for reading in iBooks. Each version is completely free for iLounge readers, and distributed in PDF format for maximum compatibility across devices. Feel free to share the Guide by telling a friend, or hosting it on your file sharing network of choice. Enjoy!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps