iLounge releases the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyer’s Guide
It’s back: the 2013 iPhone + iPod Buyers’ Guide is available for download today! Since 2004, iLounge’s famous Buyers’ Guides have given readers a comprehensive look at the growing worlds of Apple products, and our latest edition focuses on the pocket-sized iPod and iPhone families. The 2013 Guide features 208 pages of exhaustive information on the devices — including their histories — in addition to the best new accessories, apps, and games. Winners of our Editors’ Choice and Readers’ Choice Awards are also featured in the guide. Additional details follow the download links below.
New features in the new Guide include smart advice on the eight current iPhone and iPod models, an updated color comparison chart for every iPhone and iPod model, a look at the initial collection of Lightning accessories, and a new section on the best ways to repurpose your old iPhone or iPod.
There’s also an in-depth comparison between iPhone and iPod cameras, a comparison shopping feature offering assistance on where to buy the devices, top Bluetooth speaker recommendations, and the year’s best 100 games and apps for the iPhone and iPod. Also included are brief sections on the recently announced iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad, and what’s new in the world of Macs.
Our 2013 iPod/iPhone/iPad Buyers’ Guide is available in a computer- and iPad-friendly wide-screen version, a single-page version suitable for printing, and a small-screen version for viewing on the iPhone or iPod touch. We recommend that iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users download the Guide to their computers, then drag and drop it into iTunes for reading in iBooks. Each version is completely free for iLounge readers, and distributed in PDF format for maximum compatibility across devices. Feel free to share the Guide by telling a friend, or hosting it on your file sharing network of choice. Enjoy!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- ResearchKit study conducted using Apple Watch reveals new insights into seizures
- Instagram adds ability to include up to 10 photos or videos in a single post
- Facebook’s talks with MLB raise possibility that game streams could come to Apple TV
- Analyst claims wireless charging will be included in ‘iPhone 8,’ but rules out Energous as provider
- Apple claims EU made ‘fundamental errors’ in calculating $14B Irish tax ruling
- Analyst: ‘iPhone 8’ to feature ‘revolutionary’ front-facing camera with 3D sensors
- Apple releases third betas for iOS 10.3, tvOS 10.2, and watchOS 3.2 to developers
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple plans to begin iPhone manufacturing in India starting with the iPhone SE
- Rumor: iPhone 8 to eliminate Touch ID in favor of Facial Recognition
- PureGear PureSwitch HomeKit-enabled Wireless Smart Plug
- 1More Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10