iLounge releases The Free iPod Book 2.2 for immediate download
The Editors of iLounge are proud to announce the immediate availability of The Free iPod Book 2.2 for download. This edition is an expanded, improved follow-up to The Free iPod Book 2.0, which was recommended by The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg as the “free manual on getting the most from your iPod.” With four all-new sections and updates to many of the book’s previously-released sections, the 200-plus-page Free iPod Book 2.2 is a must-see for current and prospective iPod owners. Did we mention that it’s free?
New sections include:
Nike + iPod Sport Kit (section S)
Troubleshooting Your iPod (section T)
U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins (section U)
and Backstage at iLounge (section V).
For additional details and download links, click below. Previous editions of our PDF-format publications are still available from the iLounge Library. Enjoy!
Requires Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 5.0 or later.
The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a 202-page free downloadable book packed with incredible iPod and iTunes information. It is published in open PDF format, so you don’t need a subscription or proprietary software to read it. The main contents are:
- iPod Accessory Previews and Reviews: In addition to numerous new iPod accessories that were debuted first in The Free iPod Book 2.0, version 2.2 features bite-sized reviews of the best iPod products we’ve covered, plus an expanded, up-to-date ratings table for the over 975 total iPods and accessories we have reviewed.
- The All Things iPod Guide: Complete with three new sections, this Guide is a massive 15-step update to last year’s incredible cradle to grave and rebirth look at the iPod. Highlights include:
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit A full two-page guide to Apple and Nike’s new Sport Kit and its related Nike+ line of apparel accessories, freshly reviewed on iLounge.com.
- Troubleshooting Your iPod An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to restoring your scatterbrained iPod to working condition. If your iPod won’t respond to button presses or is making weird noises, start here.
- U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins An updated look at the entire current iPod hardware line-up, complete with details on the new iPod U2 Special Edition (with video) and current iPod pack-ins.
- The Porsche Boxster iPod Road Test: We tear apart a $50,000 2006 Porsche Boxster sports car to add a $3,000 premium iPod customization package, and offer tips on do-it-yourself auto integrations for budgets of all sizes.
- iPod Video: Brand-new sections on iPod videos, including how to create iPod-ready home movies with the first-ever iPod-compatible video cameras, plus information on converting or buying other videos for iPod viewing, and video-friendly external battery packs.
- Filling Your iPod: An extensive guide to filling your iPod with music, radio shows, games, travel help, books, and other types of content.
- iPods Everywhere: At The Gym, On Campus, Out of Town, and More!: New sections for athletes, students, travelers, and expanded versions of earlier sections for At Home, In The Car, and On Your Own listening.
- iPod Shopping, Maintenence and Expansion: Expert advice on iPod shopping, gifting, protection, customization, maintenance and repair, as well as using accessories to expand its features.
- Selling and Replacing Your iPod: Learn the value of new and used iPods, including elaborate pricing tables with recent Amazon.com, eBay, and used iPod retailer and parts store purchasing prices, plus a full guide to picking the right iPod for you, with updated information on today’s iPod models.
The All Things iTunes Guide: With over 125 tips covering everything from audio to video, pictures, widgets, AppleScripts and more, All Things iTunes helps you learn the best features of iTunes without boring yourself to tears. Take one tip at a time or read a bunch - no matter how you read, you’ll learn great ways to make iTunes perform.
As the name suggests, The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions - one for viewing on your computer, and one for printing. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies. Please Tell A Friend or three about the new Free iPod Book. And please do your part to share the Guide on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below) - that’s all we ask. Enjoy!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Apple Reuse & Recycling program expands to iPad
- Apple offering free recycling of used products in stores
- Report: 5.5” ‘iPhone Air’ may not be seen until 2015
- Apple interviewing candidates for mobile payment service
- Apple launches environmental responsibility campaign
- Apple TV adds A&E, History, Lifetime channels
- Nike stopping FuelBand production
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac