iLounge releases The Free iPod Book 2.2 for immediate download
The Editors of iLounge are proud to announce the immediate availability of The Free iPod Book 2.2 for download. This edition is an expanded, improved follow-up to The Free iPod Book 2.0, which was recommended by The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg as the “free manual on getting the most from your iPod.” With four all-new sections and updates to many of the book’s previously-released sections, the 200-plus-page Free iPod Book 2.2 is a must-see for current and prospective iPod owners. Did we mention that it’s free?
New sections include:
Nike + iPod Sport Kit (section S)
Troubleshooting Your iPod (section T)
U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins (section U)
and Backstage at iLounge (section V).
For additional details and download links, click below. Previous editions of our PDF-format publications are still available from the iLounge Library. Enjoy!
Requires Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 5.0 or later.
The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a 202-page free downloadable book packed with incredible iPod and iTunes information. It is published in open PDF format, so you don’t need a subscription or proprietary software to read it. The main contents are:
- iPod Accessory Previews and Reviews: In addition to numerous new iPod accessories that were debuted first in The Free iPod Book 2.0, version 2.2 features bite-sized reviews of the best iPod products we’ve covered, plus an expanded, up-to-date ratings table for the over 975 total iPods and accessories we have reviewed.
- The All Things iPod Guide: Complete with three new sections, this Guide is a massive 15-step update to last year’s incredible cradle to grave and rebirth look at the iPod. Highlights include:
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit A full two-page guide to Apple and Nike’s new Sport Kit and its related Nike+ line of apparel accessories, freshly reviewed on iLounge.com.
- Troubleshooting Your iPod An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to restoring your scatterbrained iPod to working condition. If your iPod won’t respond to button presses or is making weird noises, start here.
- U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins An updated look at the entire current iPod hardware line-up, complete with details on the new iPod U2 Special Edition (with video) and current iPod pack-ins.
- The Porsche Boxster iPod Road Test: We tear apart a $50,000 2006 Porsche Boxster sports car to add a $3,000 premium iPod customization package, and offer tips on do-it-yourself auto integrations for budgets of all sizes.
- iPod Video: Brand-new sections on iPod videos, including how to create iPod-ready home movies with the first-ever iPod-compatible video cameras, plus information on converting or buying other videos for iPod viewing, and video-friendly external battery packs.
- Filling Your iPod: An extensive guide to filling your iPod with music, radio shows, games, travel help, books, and other types of content.
- iPods Everywhere: At The Gym, On Campus, Out of Town, and More!: New sections for athletes, students, travelers, and expanded versions of earlier sections for At Home, In The Car, and On Your Own listening.
- iPod Shopping, Maintenence and Expansion: Expert advice on iPod shopping, gifting, protection, customization, maintenance and repair, as well as using accessories to expand its features.
- Selling and Replacing Your iPod: Learn the value of new and used iPods, including elaborate pricing tables with recent Amazon.com, eBay, and used iPod retailer and parts store purchasing prices, plus a full guide to picking the right iPod for you, with updated information on today’s iPod models.
The All Things iTunes Guide: With over 125 tips covering everything from audio to video, pictures, widgets, AppleScripts and more, All Things iTunes helps you learn the best features of iTunes without boring yourself to tears. Take one tip at a time or read a bunch - no matter how you read, you’ll learn great ways to make iTunes perform.
As the name suggests, The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions - one for viewing on your computer, and one for printing. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies. Please Tell A Friend or three about the new Free iPod Book. And please do your part to share the Guide on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below) - that’s all we ask. Enjoy!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Follow iLounge’s live Twitter coverage of today’s Apple event
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?