iLounge releases The Free iPod Book 2.2 for immediate download
The Editors of iLounge are proud to announce the immediate availability of The Free iPod Book 2.2 for download. This edition is an expanded, improved follow-up to The Free iPod Book 2.0, which was recommended by The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg as the “free manual on getting the most from your iPod.” With four all-new sections and updates to many of the book’s previously-released sections, the 200-plus-page Free iPod Book 2.2 is a must-see for current and prospective iPod owners. Did we mention that it’s free?
New sections include:
Nike + iPod Sport Kit (section S)
Troubleshooting Your iPod (section T)
U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins (section U)
and Backstage at iLounge (section V).
For additional details and download links, click below. Previous editions of our PDF-format publications are still available from the iLounge Library. Enjoy!
Requires Adobe (Acrobat) Reader 5.0 or later.
The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a 202-page free downloadable book packed with incredible iPod and iTunes information. It is published in open PDF format, so you don’t need a subscription or proprietary software to read it. The main contents are:
- iPod Accessory Previews and Reviews: In addition to numerous new iPod accessories that were debuted first in The Free iPod Book 2.0, version 2.2 features bite-sized reviews of the best iPod products we’ve covered, plus an expanded, up-to-date ratings table for the over 975 total iPods and accessories we have reviewed.
- The All Things iPod Guide: Complete with three new sections, this Guide is a massive 15-step update to last year’s incredible cradle to grave and rebirth look at the iPod. Highlights include:
- Nike + iPod Sport Kit A full two-page guide to Apple and Nike’s new Sport Kit and its related Nike+ line of apparel accessories, freshly reviewed on iLounge.com.
- Troubleshooting Your iPod An easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to restoring your scatterbrained iPod to working condition. If your iPod won’t respond to button presses or is making weird noises, start here.
- U2 iPod + iPod Pack-Ins An updated look at the entire current iPod hardware line-up, complete with details on the new iPod U2 Special Edition (with video) and current iPod pack-ins.
- The Porsche Boxster iPod Road Test: We tear apart a $50,000 2006 Porsche Boxster sports car to add a $3,000 premium iPod customization package, and offer tips on do-it-yourself auto integrations for budgets of all sizes.
- iPod Video: Brand-new sections on iPod videos, including how to create iPod-ready home movies with the first-ever iPod-compatible video cameras, plus information on converting or buying other videos for iPod viewing, and video-friendly external battery packs.
- Filling Your iPod: An extensive guide to filling your iPod with music, radio shows, games, travel help, books, and other types of content.
- iPods Everywhere: At The Gym, On Campus, Out of Town, and More!: New sections for athletes, students, travelers, and expanded versions of earlier sections for At Home, In The Car, and On Your Own listening.
- iPod Shopping, Maintenence and Expansion: Expert advice on iPod shopping, gifting, protection, customization, maintenance and repair, as well as using accessories to expand its features.
- Selling and Replacing Your iPod: Learn the value of new and used iPods, including elaborate pricing tables with recent Amazon.com, eBay, and used iPod retailer and parts store purchasing prices, plus a full guide to picking the right iPod for you, with updated information on today’s iPod models.
The All Things iTunes Guide: With over 125 tips covering everything from audio to video, pictures, widgets, AppleScripts and more, All Things iTunes helps you learn the best features of iTunes without boring yourself to tears. Take one tip at a time or read a bunch - no matter how you read, you’ll learn great ways to make iTunes perform.
As the name suggests, The Free iPod Book 2.2 is a totally free download. We’ve designed two versions - one for viewing on your computer, and one for printing. Please download only one version so that others can get their copies. Please Tell A Friend or three about the new Free iPod Book. And please do your part to share the Guide on your file-sharing network of choice, with friends through e-mail, or though a mirror link (post in comments below) - that’s all we ask. Enjoy!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts