iLounge to launch new free Guide in June, contests soon
Last August, we launched The Free iPod Book 1.0, a free 142-page tutorial to all things iPod and iTunes, including a Back to School Buyers’ Guide. In keeping with our tradition of releasing premium-quality free publications for our readers (and despite our April Fool’s joke), we have announced today that we will release The Free iPod Book 2.0, a substantial update to the earlier edition - with some thematic surprises - in early June. As with all of our past Guides, the Book will contain original content not found on the iLounge.com web site, and new reader contests will be announced shortly.
iLounge Announces The Free iPod Book 2.0 for June 2006 Release, Latest in 1.3 Million-Downloaded Guide Family
(PRWEB) April 3, 2006 - Following up on its successful series of iPod and accessory guide books, leading independent iPod site iLounge.com today announced that The Free iPod Book 2.0, a revised second edition of its popular “all things iPod and iTunes” tutorial edition, is now in production for an early June 2006 release.
“Last year, we created The Free iPod Book to give readers no-hassles, one-click access to the iPod and iTunes help they needed,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge. “With new iPods, a new version of iTunes, and over 1,000 new accessories now in the marketplace, there’s more to be covered than ever before, and we’re looking forward to doing it with our signature style.”
Praise for last year’s edition was widespread and effusive, shared by readers from around the world. “Awesome! Superb! What else can be said?” asked Luciano from Brazil. “For a newbie like me, this certainly helps out a lot!” wrote Chad from the Philippines, mirroring comments from readers in Korea, Portugal, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and of course, the United States. “You go hand in hand with the iPod,” noted Eric from New Jersey, “you have lasted longer then my recent girlfriend.”
As with all of iLounge’s online publications, The Free iPod Book 2.0 will be available for free download from the iLounge.com web site and others, its content supported by an innovative advertising and distribution model. “The goal of our Guides is to help the maximum number of people,” explained Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge, “so in addition to the over 1.3 million direct downloads we can count for previous editions, we have welcomed their free distribution through other web sites, publications, and even peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, where untold additional readers have come on board. Why go to a bookstore and pay for an iPod book when our advertisers have made it possible for you to get our excellent ones for free?”
Version 1.0 of The Free iPod Book featured over 140 pages, packed with sneak peeks at amazing new iPod accessories, easy-to-follow iPod, iTunes, and accessory tutorials, and the world’s first directory of leading iPod-related vendors. Sections of the book revealed tips for selling, buying, and modifying iPods, as well as taking advantage of all of their features - including some not commonly known. This edition will continue the popular formula, with brand new reader-submitted art and photography contests, updates to its past sections, and of course, several surprises.
Downloads of The Free iPod Book 1.0 are still available from http://www.ilounge.com/book/, and additional iLounge publications - including the subsequent 2005-2006 Buyers’ Guide - can be downloaded from The iLounge Library at http://www.ilounge.com/library/. Further details on availability, contests, and content for the Free iPod Book 2.0 will be announced on the iLounge.com web site prior to its release.
For advertising and promotional opportunities in The Free iPod Book 2.0, please contact Dennis Lloyd through the iLounge.com web site or the resources provided below. Editorial inquiries should be directed to Jeremy Horwitz.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, The Media LLC’s iLounge is the world’s leading independent resource for iPod and iTunes information. Founded in 2001 - only days after Apple announced the first iPod - iLounge has exploded in popularity, today boasting over 4,000,000 visitors and 20,000,000 page views per month. Named to “best” lists by CNET, Forbes, Time Magazine and The Wall Street Journal’s Walter Mossberg, the site has also been spotlighted by the Associated Press, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, Guardian (UK), Italian Vogue magazine, Los Angeles Times, National Post (Canada), New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Stuff (UK), Sun (UK), TechTV, The Age (Australia), UPI, USA Today, Wired.com, and WNYC Radio, amongst many others. Not affiliated with or owned by Apple Computer, Inc. or any other vendor of iPod accessories or services, iLounge is a registered trademark of The Media LLC, which claims no ownership in the iPod or iTunes trademarks.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?