iLounge to launch new free Guide in June, contests soon
Last August, we launched The Free iPod Book 1.0, a free 142-page tutorial to all things iPod and iTunes, including a Back to School Buyers’ Guide. In keeping with our tradition of releasing premium-quality free publications for our readers (and despite our April Fool’s joke), we have announced today that we will release The Free iPod Book 2.0, a substantial update to the earlier edition - with some thematic surprises - in early June. As with all of our past Guides, the Book will contain original content not found on the iLounge.com web site, and new reader contests will be announced shortly.
iLounge Announces The Free iPod Book 2.0 for June 2006 Release, Latest in 1.3 Million-Downloaded Guide Family
(PRWEB) April 3, 2006 - Following up on its successful series of iPod and accessory guide books, leading independent iPod site iLounge.com today announced that The Free iPod Book 2.0, a revised second edition of its popular “all things iPod and iTunes” tutorial edition, is now in production for an early June 2006 release.
“Last year, we created The Free iPod Book to give readers no-hassles, one-click access to the iPod and iTunes help they needed,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge. “With new iPods, a new version of iTunes, and over 1,000 new accessories now in the marketplace, there’s more to be covered than ever before, and we’re looking forward to doing it with our signature style.”
Praise for last year’s edition was widespread and effusive, shared by readers from around the world. “Awesome! Superb! What else can be said?” asked Luciano from Brazil. “For a newbie like me, this certainly helps out a lot!” wrote Chad from the Philippines, mirroring comments from readers in Korea, Portugal, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and of course, the United States. “You go hand in hand with the iPod,” noted Eric from New Jersey, “you have lasted longer then my recent girlfriend.”
As with all of iLounge’s online publications, The Free iPod Book 2.0 will be available for free download from the iLounge.com web site and others, its content supported by an innovative advertising and distribution model. “The goal of our Guides is to help the maximum number of people,” explained Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge, “so in addition to the over 1.3 million direct downloads we can count for previous editions, we have welcomed their free distribution through other web sites, publications, and even peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, where untold additional readers have come on board. Why go to a bookstore and pay for an iPod book when our advertisers have made it possible for you to get our excellent ones for free?”
Version 1.0 of The Free iPod Book featured over 140 pages, packed with sneak peeks at amazing new iPod accessories, easy-to-follow iPod, iTunes, and accessory tutorials, and the world’s first directory of leading iPod-related vendors. Sections of the book revealed tips for selling, buying, and modifying iPods, as well as taking advantage of all of their features - including some not commonly known. This edition will continue the popular formula, with brand new reader-submitted art and photography contests, updates to its past sections, and of course, several surprises.
Downloads of The Free iPod Book 1.0 are still available from http://www.ilounge.com/book/, and additional iLounge publications - including the subsequent 2005-2006 Buyers’ Guide - can be downloaded from The iLounge Library at http://www.ilounge.com/library/. Further details on availability, contests, and content for the Free iPod Book 2.0 will be announced on the iLounge.com web site prior to its release.
For advertising and promotional opportunities in The Free iPod Book 2.0, please contact Dennis Lloyd through the iLounge.com web site or the resources provided below. Editorial inquiries should be directed to Jeremy Horwitz.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, The Media LLC’s iLounge is the world’s leading independent resource for iPod and iTunes information. Founded in 2001 - only days after Apple announced the first iPod - iLounge has exploded in popularity, today boasting over 4,000,000 visitors and 20,000,000 page views per month. Named to “best” lists by CNET, Forbes, Time Magazine and The Wall Street Journal’s Walter Mossberg, the site has also been spotlighted by the Associated Press, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, Guardian (UK), Italian Vogue magazine, Los Angeles Times, National Post (Canada), New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Stuff (UK), Sun (UK), TechTV, The Age (Australia), UPI, USA Today, Wired.com, and WNYC Radio, amongst many others. Not affiliated with or owned by Apple Computer, Inc. or any other vendor of iPod accessories or services, iLounge is a registered trademark of The Media LLC, which claims no ownership in the iPod or iTunes trademarks.
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac