iLounge to launch new free Guide in June, contests soon
Last August, we launched The Free iPod Book 1.0, a free 142-page tutorial to all things iPod and iTunes, including a Back to School Buyers’ Guide. In keeping with our tradition of releasing premium-quality free publications for our readers (and despite our April Fool’s joke), we have announced today that we will release The Free iPod Book 2.0, a substantial update to the earlier edition - with some thematic surprises - in early June. As with all of our past Guides, the Book will contain original content not found on the iLounge.com web site, and new reader contests will be announced shortly.
iLounge Announces The Free iPod Book 2.0 for June 2006 Release, Latest in 1.3 Million-Downloaded Guide Family
(PRWEB) April 3, 2006 - Following up on its successful series of iPod and accessory guide books, leading independent iPod site iLounge.com today announced that The Free iPod Book 2.0, a revised second edition of its popular “all things iPod and iTunes” tutorial edition, is now in production for an early June 2006 release.
“Last year, we created The Free iPod Book to give readers no-hassles, one-click access to the iPod and iTunes help they needed,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge. “With new iPods, a new version of iTunes, and over 1,000 new accessories now in the marketplace, there’s more to be covered than ever before, and we’re looking forward to doing it with our signature style.”
Praise for last year’s edition was widespread and effusive, shared by readers from around the world. “Awesome! Superb! What else can be said?” asked Luciano from Brazil. “For a newbie like me, this certainly helps out a lot!” wrote Chad from the Philippines, mirroring comments from readers in Korea, Portugal, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and of course, the United States. “You go hand in hand with the iPod,” noted Eric from New Jersey, “you have lasted longer then my recent girlfriend.”
As with all of iLounge’s online publications, The Free iPod Book 2.0 will be available for free download from the iLounge.com web site and others, its content supported by an innovative advertising and distribution model. “The goal of our Guides is to help the maximum number of people,” explained Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge, “so in addition to the over 1.3 million direct downloads we can count for previous editions, we have welcomed their free distribution through other web sites, publications, and even peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, where untold additional readers have come on board. Why go to a bookstore and pay for an iPod book when our advertisers have made it possible for you to get our excellent ones for free?”
Version 1.0 of The Free iPod Book featured over 140 pages, packed with sneak peeks at amazing new iPod accessories, easy-to-follow iPod, iTunes, and accessory tutorials, and the world’s first directory of leading iPod-related vendors. Sections of the book revealed tips for selling, buying, and modifying iPods, as well as taking advantage of all of their features - including some not commonly known. This edition will continue the popular formula, with brand new reader-submitted art and photography contests, updates to its past sections, and of course, several surprises.
Downloads of The Free iPod Book 1.0 are still available from http://www.ilounge.com/book/, and additional iLounge publications - including the subsequent 2005-2006 Buyers’ Guide - can be downloaded from The iLounge Library at http://www.ilounge.com/library/. Further details on availability, contests, and content for the Free iPod Book 2.0 will be announced on the iLounge.com web site prior to its release.
For advertising and promotional opportunities in The Free iPod Book 2.0, please contact Dennis Lloyd through the iLounge.com web site or the resources provided below. Editorial inquiries should be directed to Jeremy Horwitz.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, The Media LLC’s iLounge is the world’s leading independent resource for iPod and iTunes information. Founded in 2001 - only days after Apple announced the first iPod - iLounge has exploded in popularity, today boasting over 4,000,000 visitors and 20,000,000 page views per month. Named to “best” lists by CNET, Forbes, Time Magazine and The Wall Street Journal’s Walter Mossberg, the site has also been spotlighted by the Associated Press, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, Guardian (UK), Italian Vogue magazine, Los Angeles Times, National Post (Canada), New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Stuff (UK), Sun (UK), TechTV, The Age (Australia), UPI, USA Today, Wired.com, and WNYC Radio, amongst many others. Not affiliated with or owned by Apple Computer, Inc. or any other vendor of iPod accessories or services, iLounge is a registered trademark of The Media LLC, which claims no ownership in the iPod or iTunes trademarks.
- iLounge Weekly arriving Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new May giveaway
- Latest edition of iLounge Weekly coming Monday
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- iOS 7 design poll ends, iPhone carrier poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- LifeProof debuts Frē case for iPad mini
- Logitech debuts Wired Keyboard for iPad
- New Apple online store design alters focus, hides deals
- Apps: ABC Aquarium, Disney Jr. Appisodes, Pinterest 2.4 + Pocket Informant Pro 3.0
- Report: iOS 7 could see Flickr, Vimeo integration
- Apple CEO Cook testifies on taxes, faces Senate critics
- Google Play Music All Access to get iOS app support?
- Senate subcommittee accuses Apple of tax avoidance
- AT&T: All video chat apps will work over cellular in 2013
- Apple releases testimony before CEO’s Senate appearance
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Trü Protection Trü-Fit Anti-Glare Film Set
- New Trent iCarrier IMP120D Dual USB Power Pack
- BlueFlame 2M Charge and Sync Cable with Lightning Connector
- HMDX Jam Party Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate Universal Remote Control
- MyCharge Freedom 2000 Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Nike Nike+ FuelBand
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore
- Can’t eject iPod nano without closing Firefox
- Can’t change iTunes Apple ID to iCloud e-mail address