iLounge to launch new free Guide in June, contests soon
Last August, we launched The Free iPod Book 1.0, a free 142-page tutorial to all things iPod and iTunes, including a Back to School Buyers’ Guide. In keeping with our tradition of releasing premium-quality free publications for our readers (and despite our April Fool’s joke), we have announced today that we will release The Free iPod Book 2.0, a substantial update to the earlier edition - with some thematic surprises - in early June. As with all of our past Guides, the Book will contain original content not found on the iLounge.com web site, and new reader contests will be announced shortly.
iLounge Announces The Free iPod Book 2.0 for June 2006 Release, Latest in 1.3 Million-Downloaded Guide Family
(PRWEB) April 3, 2006 - Following up on its successful series of iPod and accessory guide books, leading independent iPod site iLounge.com today announced that The Free iPod Book 2.0, a revised second edition of its popular “all things iPod and iTunes” tutorial edition, is now in production for an early June 2006 release.
“Last year, we created The Free iPod Book to give readers no-hassles, one-click access to the iPod and iTunes help they needed,” said Jeremy Horwitz, Editor-in-Chief of iLounge. “With new iPods, a new version of iTunes, and over 1,000 new accessories now in the marketplace, there’s more to be covered than ever before, and we’re looking forward to doing it with our signature style.”
Praise for last year’s edition was widespread and effusive, shared by readers from around the world. “Awesome! Superb! What else can be said?” asked Luciano from Brazil. “For a newbie like me, this certainly helps out a lot!” wrote Chad from the Philippines, mirroring comments from readers in Korea, Portugal, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, and of course, the United States. “You go hand in hand with the iPod,” noted Eric from New Jersey, “you have lasted longer then my recent girlfriend.”
As with all of iLounge’s online publications, The Free iPod Book 2.0 will be available for free download from the iLounge.com web site and others, its content supported by an innovative advertising and distribution model. “The goal of our Guides is to help the maximum number of people,” explained Dennis Lloyd, Publisher of iLounge, “so in addition to the over 1.3 million direct downloads we can count for previous editions, we have welcomed their free distribution through other web sites, publications, and even peer-to-peer file-sharing networks, where untold additional readers have come on board. Why go to a bookstore and pay for an iPod book when our advertisers have made it possible for you to get our excellent ones for free?”
Version 1.0 of The Free iPod Book featured over 140 pages, packed with sneak peeks at amazing new iPod accessories, easy-to-follow iPod, iTunes, and accessory tutorials, and the world’s first directory of leading iPod-related vendors. Sections of the book revealed tips for selling, buying, and modifying iPods, as well as taking advantage of all of their features - including some not commonly known. This edition will continue the popular formula, with brand new reader-submitted art and photography contests, updates to its past sections, and of course, several surprises.
Downloads of The Free iPod Book 1.0 are still available from http://www.ilounge.com/book/, and additional iLounge publications - including the subsequent 2005-2006 Buyers’ Guide - can be downloaded from The iLounge Library at http://www.ilounge.com/library/. Further details on availability, contests, and content for the Free iPod Book 2.0 will be announced on the iLounge.com web site prior to its release.
For advertising and promotional opportunities in The Free iPod Book 2.0, please contact Dennis Lloyd through the iLounge.com web site or the resources provided below. Editorial inquiries should be directed to Jeremy Horwitz.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, The Media LLC’s iLounge is the world’s leading independent resource for iPod and iTunes information. Founded in 2001 - only days after Apple announced the first iPod - iLounge has exploded in popularity, today boasting over 4,000,000 visitors and 20,000,000 page views per month. Named to “best” lists by CNET, Forbes, Time Magazine and The Wall Street Journal’s Walter Mossberg, the site has also been spotlighted by the Associated Press, CNBC, Chicago Tribune, Guardian (UK), Italian Vogue magazine, Los Angeles Times, National Post (Canada), New York Times, Newsweek, Reuters, Stuff (UK), Sun (UK), TechTV, The Age (Australia), UPI, USA Today, Wired.com, and WNYC Radio, amongst many others. Not affiliated with or owned by Apple Computer, Inc. or any other vendor of iPod accessories or services, iLounge is a registered trademark of The Media LLC, which claims no ownership in the iPod or iTunes trademarks.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?