iLounge to offer live coverage of ‘Let’s Rock’ event [updated] | iLounge News

iLounge to offer live coverage of ‘Let’s Rock’ event [updated]

Update x2: iLounge editors have spotted several people in Barbarian Group t-shirts outside the event, lending credence to prior rumors that the company’s popular Magnetosphere iTunes visualizer may appear in a new version of iTunes. In addition, they note that the crowd outside the event is extremely light, with Apple employees currently outnumbering non-Apple attendees.

Update: iLounge editors are now on-site in preparation for today’s event. We will be updating our Flickr page with more photos from event, and will be switching over to our streamlined event page at approximately 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time.

iLounge will be on-site at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco to provide live coverage of Apple’s “Let’s Rock” special event. Apple is widely expected to announce new iPods at the event, which is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time tomorrow. As we have done in the past, iLounge.com will take you to our streamlined special event page starting an hour or so before the event.

« Vers Audio offers 2X sound system in bamboo

Apple preps site of ‘Let’s Rock’ event »

Comments

Apple store is down, how exciting!!! anyone know of the Madison Apple store will have the new ipods this evening around 8? just curious if i should drive the 1.4 hour drive to go get one…

and is this the page thats going to be updated? *not flickr, but this article?*

Posted by Phil R. on September 9, 2008 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

Phil,

ilounge.com will be moving over to a live version of the site shortly, at which time you will find a link to the live coverage, which will be updated constantly throughout the event.

Posted by Charles Starrett on September 9, 2008 at 8:43 AM (PDT)

oh ok! thanks so much, that sounds good, i cant wait to see how things go! wink such an exciting day for an apple fanatic like me…

Phil

Posted by Phil R. on September 9, 2008 at 8:53 AM (PDT)

I’ve been refreshing my browser for the past hour!!!  I’m goin’ stir crazy here!  smile

Posted by MaJu on September 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM (PDT)

Well the time has come my friends, its finally starting! noon has come and we are finally going to know!! yay!

Phil

Posted by Phil R. on September 9, 2008 at 10:02 AM (PDT)

What is happening. I don’t get the Live Stream, all i got is the usual iLounge site.

Posted by Pilot on September 9, 2008 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

I’m a fan of the HD iPods not only because of their capacity but also because of their sound quality. I A-B’ed my Classic and 3rd gen Nano and my aging ears can indeed tell a difference.

Posted by Garrett Larkham on September 9, 2008 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

SO where’s the live site? The same old home page comes up.

Posted by Marc on September 9, 2008 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

What happen, at what time you guys are going to have the live event??? is 1:10 pm here in NY

Posted by Darwin on September 9, 2008 at 10:11 AM (PDT)

Agreed Pilot! im not seeing it! :( just the normal site…the Flickr pages are telling part of the story but i want to get the live stream!!! :( is it my firefox 3 browser?

Posted by Phil R. on September 9, 2008 at 10:12 AM (PDT)

Yeah I think it’s the browser. I switched quickly to Safari and the coverage is there.

Posted by Pilot on September 9, 2008 at 10:15 AM (PDT)

I’m still seeing the same page, I use IE???? anyone else have the same problem????

Posted by Darwin on September 9, 2008 at 10:19 AM (PDT)

I just figured out you need to go to ilounge.com in your browser, not just refresh the iLounge site.  Try it.

Posted by ARGGGG on September 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2