iLounge User Group meeting (July): iSkin and Griffin
Please join the iLounge User Group online chat in a lively discussion of all things iPod with guests from iSkin, Inc. and Griffin Technology.
Meeting Date: Monday, July 12th at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
7:00 - 7:15 pm: Open chat
7:15 - 7:20 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
7:20 - 7:35 pm: Angrew Greene, Griffin Technology
7:35 - 7:40 pm: iSkin Q&A
7:40 - 7:50 pm: Discussion: Do you download illegal music? The state of digital downloads.
7:50 - 8:00 pm: Andrew Greene, Griffin Technology
8:00 - 8:20 pm: Griffin Q&A
8:20 - 8:25 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
8:25 - 8:40 pm: Discussion: Can iPod reign supreme?
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Open chat
*To be eligible for giveaways during the meeting, please join the free User Group by registering with the forums.
The iLounge User Group meeting will take place using an IRC chat channel. Some of you may be new to IRC chat. Below is a general introduction on how to get started. It may seem a bit daunting using something unfamiliar, but we believe this is a much better solution for moderating a live chat with guests rather than using iChat or AOL AIM. This chat channel can be accessed at anytime using the following guide.
The official IRC chat channel is hosted at:
IRC Client Software for Windows
The IRC client we recommend is called mIRC written by Kahled Mardam-bey and is one of the most simple to use IRC clients. There are more IRC clients available for download at downloads.com.
IRC Client Software for Mac OS X
An easy to use IRC client software for OS X is Conversation 1.0. The software is designed for new users of IRC and the interface is very user friendly. If you’ve ever used iChat you’ll know what we mean.
The iLounge Guide to IRC Chat
By Michael De Silva - iLounge IRC Administrator
Basic IRC Commands
After you have installed your IRC client you will be presented with the IRC console.� The client is controlled via simple commands and these will allow the users to access IRC completely.
All commands are preceded by a forward slash in the format of ‘/command attribute1 attribute2’ and may contain other attributes.
The first command any IRC user should know is the ‘/server
‘. To connect to the #ilounge channel you must first make a connection to the server. This is done by typing ‘/server irc.hashmark.net’ and the process of connecting will take place. Some IRC clients require the user to type in a default user nickname to establish this connection and this varies from client to client.
Once the connection has been made a user may join a channel by using the ‘/join<#channame>
’ command and in our case ‘/join #ilounge’
If you would like to change your nickname at any time you may use the ‘/nick
For more IRC commands and more information click HERE. Some of the commands listed are mIRC specific but the majority are general and maybe applied to Mac clients as well.
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Best Buy expanding Apple Watch sales to all its stores in September
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Report: Apple ending One to One tutoring program
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?