iLounge User Group meeting
Please join the iLounge User Group online chat in a lively discussion of all things iPod with guests from Matias Corporation (iPod Armor, iPod Armor mini, Clear iPod Armor mini) and The iStore (online retailer for iPod accessories).
Meeting Date: Monday, September 20th at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
7:00 - 7:15 pm: Open chat
7:15 - 7:20 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
7:20 - 7:35 pm: Vesna Vojnic, Marketing Manager, Matias Corporation
7:35 - 7:40 pm: Matias Q&A
7:40 - 7:50 pm: Discussion: Beyond music: Alternate uses for iPod?
7:50 - 8:00 pm: Michael Lipner, CEO, The iStore
8:00 - 8:20 pm: The iStore Q&A
8:20 - 8:25 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
8:25 - 8:40 pm: Discussion: User chosen topic
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Open chat
*To be eligible for giveaways during the meeting, please join the free User Group by registering with the forums.
The iLounge User Group meeting will take place using an IRC chat channel. Some of you may be new to IRC chat. Below is a general introduction on how to get started. It may seem a bit daunting using something unfamiliar, but we believe this is a much better solution for moderating a live chat with guests rather than using iChat or AOL AIM. This chat channel can be accessed at anytime using the following guide.
The official IRC chat channel is hosted at:
IRC Client Software for Windows
The IRC client we recommend is called mIRC written by Kahled Mardam-bey and is one of the most simple to use IRC clients. There are more IRC clients available for download at downloads.com.
IRC Client Software for Mac OS X
An easy to use IRC client software for OS X is Conversation 1.0. The software is designed for new users of IRC and the interface is very user friendly. If you’ve ever used iChat you’ll know what we mean.
The iLounge Guide to IRC Chat
By Michael De Silva - iLounge IRC Administrator
Basic IRC Commands
After you have installed your IRC client you will be presented with the IRC console.� The client is controlled via simple commands and these will allow the users to access IRC completely.
All commands are preceded by a forward slash in the format of ‘/command attribute1 attribute2’ and may contain other attributes.
The first command any IRC user should know is the ‘/server
‘. To connect to the #ilounge channel you must first make a connection to the server. This is done by typing ‘/server irc.hashmark.net’ and the process of connecting will take place. Some IRC clients require the user to type in a default user nickname to establish this connection and this varies from client to client.
Once the connection has been made a user may join a channel by using the ‘/join<#channame>
’ command and in our case ‘/join #ilounge’
If you would like to change your nickname at any time you may use the ‘/nick
For more IRC commands and more information click HERE. Some of the commands listed are mIRC specific but the majority are general and maybe applied to Mac clients as well.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0