iLounge User Group meeting
Please join the iLounge User Group online chat in a lively discussion of all things iPod with guests from Matias Corporation (iPod Armor, iPod Armor mini, Clear iPod Armor mini) and The iStore (online retailer for iPod accessories).
Meeting Date: Monday, September 20th at 7pm ET/4pm PT.
7:00 - 7:15 pm: Open chat
7:15 - 7:20 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
7:20 - 7:35 pm: Vesna Vojnic, Marketing Manager, Matias Corporation
7:35 - 7:40 pm: Matias Q&A
7:40 - 7:50 pm: Discussion: Beyond music: Alternate uses for iPod?
7:50 - 8:00 pm: Michael Lipner, CEO, The iStore
8:00 - 8:20 pm: The iStore Q&A
8:20 - 8:25 pm: Giveaway (*members only)
8:25 - 8:40 pm: Discussion: User chosen topic
8:40 - 9:00 pm: Open chat
*To be eligible for giveaways during the meeting, please join the free User Group by registering with the forums.
The iLounge User Group meeting will take place using an IRC chat channel. Some of you may be new to IRC chat. Below is a general introduction on how to get started. It may seem a bit daunting using something unfamiliar, but we believe this is a much better solution for moderating a live chat with guests rather than using iChat or AOL AIM. This chat channel can be accessed at anytime using the following guide.
The official IRC chat channel is hosted at:
IRC Client Software for Windows
The IRC client we recommend is called mIRC written by Kahled Mardam-bey and is one of the most simple to use IRC clients. There are more IRC clients available for download at downloads.com.
IRC Client Software for Mac OS X
An easy to use IRC client software for OS X is Conversation 1.0. The software is designed for new users of IRC and the interface is very user friendly. If you’ve ever used iChat you’ll know what we mean.
The iLounge Guide to IRC Chat
By Michael De Silva - iLounge IRC Administrator
Basic IRC Commands
After you have installed your IRC client you will be presented with the IRC console.� The client is controlled via simple commands and these will allow the users to access IRC completely.
All commands are preceded by a forward slash in the format of ‘/command attribute1 attribute2’ and may contain other attributes.
The first command any IRC user should know is the ‘/server
‘. To connect to the #ilounge channel you must first make a connection to the server. This is done by typing ‘/server irc.hashmark.net’ and the process of connecting will take place. Some IRC clients require the user to type in a default user nickname to establish this connection and this varies from client to client.
Once the connection has been made a user may join a channel by using the ‘/join<#channame>
’ command and in our case ‘/join #ilounge’
If you would like to change your nickname at any time you may use the ‘/nick
For more IRC commands and more information click HERE. Some of the commands listed are mIRC specific but the majority are general and maybe applied to Mac clients as well.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- Apple introduces Apple SIM, multi-carrier cellular SIM card
- New iPad Smart Cases, Covers shown for iPad Air 2
- Apple unveils iPad mini 3, renames Retina iPad mini to iPad mini 2
- Apple debuts iPad Air 2
- iPad stats: 225 million sold, 675,000 apps
- Apple formally debuts iTunes 12 after three months of betas
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo Quad360 and QuadMax for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig MIDI 2
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers