iLounge Wallpaper Contest - Winners Announced
Published: Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Site News Categories:
This contest is now closed. Winners have been announced here. Congratulations and thank you to all who submitted entries! Everyone loves desktop background art (aka wallpaper): after years of submissions, we now have over 450 pieces of art in our Desktop/Wallpaper Art Gallery. Now we’re looking to expand it - and cover the latest and greatest iPod models. So we’re announcing our latest art contest: “Wallpaper Yourself an iPhone, Apple TV, or iPods.”
The rules are simple:
- Create a high-resolution (1600 pixels wide x 1200 pixels tall) desktop wallpaper featuring any current iPod model:
- Include the iLounge.com name. The iLounge logo is not necessary.
Other than the iLounge.com name and the image of the iPod, the work must be entirely your original creation, and created for this contest. Photographs and artwork are both acceptable, however, original art is strongly preferred. We’ll pick our three favorite pieces of wallpaper to win one of the following three prizes.
Grand Prize: One Apple iPhone* ($499, 4GB). We’ll help one lucky winner buy Apple’s combination cell phone, widescreen iPod, and Internet device - we’ll supply the funds for the iPhone; the cell phone contract is your responsibility.
Second Prize: One Apple TV ($299, 40GB). Enjoy iTunes-managed audio, video, and photo content on your widescreen TV with the new Apple TV device.
Third Prize: One iPod nano ($199, 4GB) and one iPod shuffle ($79, 1GB) in the winner’s choice of colors.
|Recent Contest Entries|
No purchase is necessary to enter.
The Wallpaper Yourself an iPhone, Apple TV, or iPods Contest begins as of this posting and ends on March 25, 2007 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
Entries will be judged by iLounge. Do not enter if you can’t stand losing, and don’t disparage the winners.
Winners will be announced on iLounge March 31, 2007.
You may submit as many entries as you want.
This contest is open to U.S. and international residents.
Must be 18 years or older to enter.
Void where prohibited.
By submitting, you agree that all art, photographs, and private information you submit become the property of iLounge, and that you will not and have not submitted such images to any other contest.
Associates, employees, principals, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
All taxes are the responsibility of the winners. In order to accommodate both U.S. and international residents, iLounge will furnish prizes in the form of currency that can be used to purchase the products listed, and not the products themselves. The Grand Prize winner shall have complete and sole responsibility for all costs above the $499 stated prize herein, including without limitation any and all expenses relating to cell phone and data services.
iLounge reserves the right to refuse entries due to graphic violence, sex, drugs, etc. iLounge also reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other rights, related to such giveaways, you may have in any jurisdiction.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Apple drops refurbished fourth-gen iPad, mini prices
- Judge: US can show Apple e-book pricing conspiracy
- AT&T’s GoPhone to add LTE/HSPA+ support for iPhone
- Report: iOS 7 ‘black, white, and flat all over’
- Apple WWDC Keynote set for June 10
- Apps: Foursquare 6.2, Hyper Breaker Turbo, Pandora 4.3 + Shazam 6.0
- Apple patent application details interactive AirPlay, TV
- Report: iWatch pushed to late 2014?
- Griffin releases iPhone 5 Survivor + Catalyst Waterproof Case
- Lynktec TruGlide Pro Precision Stylus
- C4 Electronics Dolry HiFi Stone 30-Pin AirPlay Adapter
- Boombotix Boombot Rex Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Nuu Splash Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Scosche boomBottle Weatherproof Sport Wireless Speaker
- HMDX Jam Plus Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband
- Cambridge Audio Minx Air 100 + 200 Bluetooth + AirPlay Wireless Speakers
- Mophie Juice Pack Plus for iPhone 5
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom
- Costs associated with using FaceTime
- iMessages showing as Delivered when iPhone is out of coverage
- Inability to use Find My Friends without a passcode
- Calendar info disappears after iCloud restore
- Remove old iCloud backup after restoring to a new iPhone
- Setting up a ringtone in iTunes
- Using a Wi-Fi hard drive with an iPad
- Backing up and restoring an iPod classic
- Can’t restore iPod touch without passcode
- Retaining older versions of Apps during an iOS Restore