iLuv launches iPod accessory lineup | iLounge News

iLuv launches iPod accessory lineup

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, March 7, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

iLuv, a division of jWIN Electronics, has introduced several new iPod products, including three new speaker systems, an FM transmitter, a power adapter and an external battery pack.

imageiLuv i552 ($120; black or white)
The i552 is a portable speaker system with a built-in AM/FM radio and universal iPod dock. It features “jAura” acoustic technology, a multi-function LCD screen, USB port for iPod shuffle compatibility, line input for other audio devices, and comes with a remote control.

imageiLuv i177 ($110; black or white)
The i177 is a stereo docking system with an integrated clock display with dual alarm functions. It offers the same jAura sound, AM/FM radio, USB connectivity, remote control and backlit LCD screen. The i177 lets users sleep or wake to their iPod, radio, or buzzer.

imageiLuv i188 ($60; black or white)
iLuv’s i188 is a smaller portable speaker system with universal iPod dock. It features four full-range loudspeakers, line-in audio port and charges your iPod while in use.

imageiLuv i107 ($30; white only)
The i107 is a foldable battery charger/power adapter for iPods. The multi voltage (110/220v) AC adapter has a USB port and allows you to charge your iPod when not connected to a computer.

imageiLuv i702 ($25; black or white)
The iLuv i702 is bottom-connecting FM transmitter that lets you listen to the music on your iPod through any FM radio. The i702 tunes FM radio frequencies with the iPod controls and displays frequencies on the iPod’s LCD. The compact device utilizes PLL tuning technology and supports international FM frequency ranges.

imageiLuv i603/i604 ($84; black, white, pink, blue)
The i603 and i604 are silicone skins with integrated iPod back-up battery packs. They each feature a built-in high-capacity rechargeable lithium polymer battery that extends the playback time of the fifth-generation iPod by up to 55 hours (i604) or up to 42 hours (i603).

« iTunes Multi-Pass debuts; Daily Show, Colbert Report added

V-Moda debuts polished metal earphones »

Comments

Well gee, that Alarm Clock radio looks exactly like an iHome. Down to the Volume wheels, the clock layout and format and just the overall look.

Posted by MidnightSlade on March 7, 2006 at 6:06 PM (PDT)

If the two battery extenders are the same price then why would anyone not buy the 55 hour one?

Posted by Eric L. on March 7, 2006 at 6:13 PM (PDT)

FM Transmitters have the design of XtremeMac’s AirPlay2 and software of Griffin’s iTrip

Posted by Michael on March 7, 2006 at 6:38 PM (PDT)

Hmm.  So… neither appears to run off battery power.  Now is it just me, or does it look like the alarm clock and “boom box” have *exactly* the same speakers… just that the boom box has some extra, empty speaker cabinetry above the driver?  Seems the alarm clock’s the better deal, if that’s the case.

I’m assuming one case is for the 30GB 5G and the other (the higher battery capacity one) is for the 60GB 5G… hence the battery life discrepency.

Looking forward to the reviews…

Posted by atreyu on March 7, 2006 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

i188 is the perfect thing for me! and for the price, its perfect. Im thinking about getting one. white would br my color for sure though. does anyone know if the nano will fit the i188?

Posted by LawnBoy on March 7, 2006 at 6:51 PM (PDT)

That iHome lookalike is really hot in comparison as far as looks.
I have the iHome so it makes me jelous :D

Posted by Jonathan Keim on March 7, 2006 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

reviews? please.

Posted by blayn. on March 7, 2006 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

Dang, that clock radio looks sweet… too bad I already have the iHome clock radio, too.

Posted by Derek on March 7, 2006 at 8:01 PM (PDT)

Ya Ya Ya, reviews indeed, my mouth is watering already and my credit card is burning a hole in my wallet

Posted by Kastor Troy on March 7, 2006 at 8:31 PM (PDT)

there’s got to be some kind of link with the company making the iHome products… even the CGI on their website looks like it was made by the same designer

Posted by redbridgeroad on March 7, 2006 at 8:39 PM (PDT)

I love the idea of the iLuv i603/i604. Good move, I think i’ll keep an eye on those on ebay.

Posted by Mooney101 on March 7, 2006 at 10:26 PM (PDT)

I’m interested in the i188 as well.  I just won an iPod Nano through work, and I’d like to get a speaker solution that allows me to use the Nano on the road, as well as use some external speakers with my Inspiron 9400 laptop when needed.

The price is right, the features are there, and the look is good.  Question is, do they sound good or like garbage???

Posted by merkman on March 8, 2006 at 12:39 AM (PDT)

Waiting on reviews on these items too.
I just went to their website and they have more items than what’s just being showed here.

I expect to see some nice things coming from this company… if they can keep up with the likes of griffen, extreme mac and the likes.

Posted by 3rdEye on March 8, 2006 at 2:59 AM (PDT)

I gotta say, I think the i177 looks much better feature wise than the iHome (and looks a bit better aesthetically as well). I’ve gotten so used to dual alarms that not having that one feature is what prevented me from picking up an iHome. Plus it looks like it has finer tuning than the .2 increments iHome has, which is useful for the trickier tuning I often have to do here in L.A. They don’t mention station presets, though, so I assume it doesn’t have them either.

Posted by Mark Kawakami on March 8, 2006 at 3:05 AM (PDT)

I just took another look at the iLuv clocks and they don’t really look like iHome’s clocks to me as others have stated.

Posted by 3rdEye on March 8, 2006 at 3:16 AM (PDT)

i have only one question: is the volume on the iPod wake/alarm feature user adjustable? This is what prevented me from buying the iHome. I have become accustomed to a nice gradual wake volume using iTunes + iCal + Applescript on my iMac. The iHome’s gentle wake feature was neither gentle nor gradual but more like a freight train rolling through my room in the morning.

Posted by mike in boston or toronto on March 8, 2006 at 7:01 AM (PDT)

Finally the 5G FM Transmitter I’ve been waiting for…if the performance is decent unlike the 5G iTrip it’s as good as bought…can we get a review ilounge?

Posted by JinKazama on March 8, 2006 at 7:10 AM (PDT)

I’d be interested to know the frequency range of the FM transmitter. Where I live the best frequency is around 87.9, but most transmitters available won’t go below 88.1.

Posted by Moe on March 8, 2006 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

Is it safe to assume that the iLuv clock radio charges the ipod? I can’t seem to find that feature stated on the iluv website.

Posted by norm on March 8, 2006 at 9:04 AM (PDT)

Sounds like miniUser and PeachFuzz are those dreaded viral marketers…

Do you two have any reasoning to back up why you feel the way you do about this offering?

Posted by antwan on March 8, 2006 at 4:08 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >