iMeat: New iPod replaced with meat [updated] | iLounge News

iMeat: New iPod replaced with meat [updated]

image

image

imageA Mililani, Hawaii woman claims that she purchased a video iPod for her 14-year-old son as a Christmas gift, but when he opened it the device had been replaced by some kind of mystery meat. “He went from joy, really happy joyful,” Rachel Cambra said, “then to discover this, just angry and hurt.”

Cambra said the iPod’s packaging was sealed (as was the meat) and that it didn’t appear to have been tampered with when she brought it home from the Honolulu Wal-Mart where she works. Dan Fogleman, a spokesman for Wal-Mart, said the package was sealed and has contacted Apple about the matter. He said Cambra will be given a new iPod for her son when the next shipment arrives.

Update: An iLounger has provided us with two photos taken from a local newscast on the story.

« iPod tops brand survey

Mix: iPod Express, AFI, 2006 predictions, Price drops »

Comments

Dude, the only place this would happen would be at the Apple facility, and since there’s no meat there, this couldn’t happen. Unless it was a deliberate prank by an Apple employee, which I doubt, this is a total scam.

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on December 30, 2005 at 3:49 AM (CST)

many retail stores have the ability to shrink wrap products.  it’s possible it happened at walmart.

Posted by webHead in Vancouver, British Columbia on December 30, 2005 at 5:47 AM (CST)

This type of thing is happening all the time out there!
Yesterday, I bought a Canon digital camera at Best Buy and when I brought it home, opened up the package all there was inside was a pork chop! Crimey.  Later, I went to Fry’s Electronics, picked up what I thought were Li-ion batteries and found some vienna sausages inside. I’m mad enuf to sue! I’d call my lawyer, but I pulled out my cell phone and all I found in the cellcase was a fish filet. <sob>
At least my cat is happy.

Posted by Half Decaf on December 30, 2005 at 5:54 AM (CST)

At least he didnt go hungry when listening to music

Posted by kyle on December 30, 2005 at 10:51 AM (CST)

(sniff, sniff)

I smell a scam. Someone’s not happy with just ONE iPod.

Posted by flatline response on December 30, 2005 at 2:57 PM (CST)

Bought it from Walmart huh? That sux, some poor little malasian kid went hungry after he assembled the thing, losing his meat and all…
Other news, some malasian kid dies after he brings an iPod home instead of meat.

xD screw walmart!

Posted by DJ on December 30, 2005 at 6:42 PM (CST)

I listened to one of these units.
All I get are songs by Meat Loaf.

yes.. I know.. that was bad.

Posted by Boris34 on December 30, 2005 at 7:06 PM (CST)

Here in the U.S. we have regular old crappy Wal-Marts and we also have Super-Sized Wal-mart Super Centers, which have full grocery stores.  I still won’t set foot in them.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on December 30, 2005 at 8:27 PM (CST)

I’m from Hawaii and I shop at Walmart…sometimes.  After this happening, I’m not really sure if I trust anything that comes from that store…

Why not just buy it from the Apple Store?
At least you know you’re buying the real thing rather than opening a box with SPAM in it.

BTW, Spam is good.  You should come to Hawaii for the Spam Festival…^^

Posted by CheeWhoo on December 30, 2005 at 11:42 PM (CST)

She had it on lay-away, maybe someone that works there did it.

Posted by ipodless on December 31, 2005 at 9:38 AM (CST)

This is the biggest fake ever, just trying to con Apple out of an iPod, stupid that they have fallen for it, but hey, there ya go :o(

Posted by daleam on December 31, 2005 at 10:24 AM (CST)

So fake…

She could’ve just put the meet in after she opened it, as well as hiding the ipod they ACTUALLY got

Posted by Aloooooo on December 31, 2005 at 12:43 PM (CST)

I think I read somewhere that the meat had the Apple “enjoy” stickie on top of it.

I’m convinced.

Posted by Half Decaf on December 31, 2005 at 3:32 PM (CST)

I don’t think apple or the mom is to blame. I believe it’s an employee at Walmart that did it.

Posted by NoriPod on December 31, 2005 at 6:48 PM (CST)

this isn’t fake. it really happened. A employee at that walmart did it to several ipods that the walmart gotten in a shipment.

Posted by Project Pat on December 31, 2005 at 8:07 PM (CST)

you mean… that is not what ipod is? i heard it was a raw deal!?! huh?

Posted by ron urc on December 31, 2005 at 8:45 PM (CST)

Damn!  I bought some meat from Sam’s Club and got a stupid iPod instead!  I didn’t want a sexy iPod Video, I wanted meat!  Now they won’t take it back because they claim the meat was sealed.  Jesus, I got ripped off!

Posted by weirdlookinguy on December 31, 2005 at 11:39 PM (CST)

I would have tossed it on the grill and fried it up.

...I bet it tastes just like steve jobs (smug and garlicy).

Posted by Wash_Jones on January 1, 2006 at 7:55 PM (CST)

It must have been stolen by a Wal Mart employee; goodness knows they couldn’t actually afford an ipod….lol

Posted by bek on January 1, 2006 at 9:01 PM (CST)

They can’t afford meat either ;)

Posted by C on January 2, 2006 at 12:52 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >